“Great pub to watch the footy and have a meal”

Molly Malones Irish Pub
Ranked #73 of 394 Restaurants in Townsville
Cuisines: Irish, Italian, Australian, International
Description: On the corner of the round about. :)
Description: On the corner of the round about. :)
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Had dinner here State of Origin night. It's not the flashiest place in town but it was half price meal night so I had a $6 pasta whilst my work colleagues had a $6 chicken parmigiana and they taste pretty good. The place is a bit dark and noisy but it was state of origin might after all. We watched the game, they handed out free sausages in bread at half time too. Enjoyed it, but wouldn't recommend the place for a romantic night with your partner.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Have been there for lunch several times and the food is always good. Servings are extremely generous and great value. Can't comment on evenings, but at lunch time the atmosphere of this beautiful old pub is just lovely.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went to this Pub for a week night meal on a night when they were serving an $8.50 Special that I didn't want. I ordered the Beef & Guinness Pie with mash peas and gravy. I had to wait 25 mins for mine because EVERYONE ELSE in the pub ordered the special and other people were not catered for particularly well. We were eating with 6 other adults and 2 children who finished dinner before we were served!!!!! No bloody good! My wife's special was served with my dinner so we ate alone ... Poor! My dinner was the best pie I have EVER eaten .. Bar none! Sad about the slow service! Solo singer was very good but way TOO LOUD! Sit outside if you want to avoid ear damage .. It was wet and bleak last night so we stayed inside. Full of young locals seeming to enjoy All outside!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My partner and I visited this bar during a short stint to Townsville. Its times like this tripadvisdor needs to allow minus marking because terrible doesn't even cut it. We had planned to have dinner and a few drinks and maybe watch the game that was on that evening, however we left promptly due to offensive comments the barmaid was making. We sat at the bar and I'm not sure if she was unaware we were Irish or just so ignorant she didn't care. It started when a patron asked for a schooner of beer and she said "we only have pots, apparently we're Irish" in what can only be described as the most sarcastic and jeering tone I have ever heard. She then proceeded to make smart remarks with a group of Australian customers at the far end of the bar about how "being Irish is a great excuse for being an alcoholic". I honestly thought I was hearing things. Needless to say we left.To make matters worse my partner overheard the chef discussing a food promotion that was on that night (2 meals for the price of 1) and to the barmaid to let her know if it was on as she would make portion sizes smaller. False advertising and ripping off customers on top of everything. I went home and slept on it as I just wanted to get out of there and decided I'd address the issue again. So I sent the manager a message outlining I wished to make a complaint but never heard back.Great customer service. I'd never step foot in here again.

4  Thank Danni32664
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I took my friends from Brisbane to this pub because they wanted something authentic and good value. We all ordered a meal and found the food portions to be generous and very tasty. The bar staff were quite friendly as well and were quick to serve us at the bar.
One aspect which was a little frustrating was the band next door - to which would of been great to hear live, but we had to listen to the bass go through the walls of the pub.