All reviews toilet paper fish and chip shop would stay here again one night bed was very comfortable great place to stay across the road graeme kitchenette unit shower toaster ensuite
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We have now stayed here twice travelling through Townsville. Great price, owners very friendly. Clean tidy room with comfortable beds and good price for a family. We would happily stay again. Small pool slide that kids really enjoyed.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2018

We had our first stay at Billabong Lodge recently after staying elsewhere in Townsville on our visits over the past five years. We wished that we had discovered Billabong from the outset. Although the decor is a bit dated, the rooms are clean, well appointed and serviced daily. The bed was very comfortable and the shower flow a delight.

Graeme and his wife are great hosts - welcoming, friendly and accommodating. We recommend this motel and will be back for our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2018

It was a little awkward to get in drive way, due to having to U turn to get to entrance
The receptionist were up for a chat and very friendly.
The room was very comfortable and I slept well
Would stay again

Room Tip: Slept Well - all rooms similar
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Great stay as always. Always the most welcoming hosts. Great beds! My room was ready for my evening arrival, with light and air-conditioner on. Too old for the waterside now... but the pool is cool.
Thank you. See you next visit.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Graeme S, Owner at Billabong Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Thanks June for your wonderful review, even us old hoteliers like to feel appreciated. Look forward to your next visit.
Cheers

Reviewed August 27, 2017

I'll start this review by explaining my title...there were so many confusing reviews online that we didn't know what to expect. But...just to make it clear...this motel has no animals on the grounds.
We stayed here for only one night as we came specifically to visit Billabong Sanctuary. I wish we could have stayed longer because this is one super cute and equipped place. Our room had a little kitchenette (section of the room) with fridge, microwave and even electric frying pan. There were dishes and the basics. The room was clean and we enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere. You can see that these units are well cared for.
The lady at the front desk, not sure if she is the owner, was on the grumpy side....perhaps it was because it was later at night? We asked for an extra sheet and blanket...and she gave them to us but looked at us as if we were from Mars. Later, we realized that there wasn't a hair dryer in the room, so had to disturb her a half an hour after the office closed....my husband said she was quite upset at that, but we hadn't realized there wasn't a dryer in the bathroom when we got there.
What can I say...the place is absolutely lovely...make sure you have everything you need before 9:00 p.m. I would certainly stay there again and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family