“Roomy and in a perfect position”

Oaks Gateway Suites
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed here on business the last week of February and was very impressed with this hotel. It was just a 5 minute walk to the city centre and there was an abundance of restaurants and pubs nearby. The reception staff were welcoming and very professional and I found that the gym was well fitted out.

The rooms were spacious and having a kitchen and laundry in my 1 bedroom unit allowed me to be self sufficient. Woolworths supermarket was in walking distance to purchase food etc. I enjoy doing afternoon walks and the locality of the Gateway made it easy to get to the Waterfront and other nearby walks. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again if I am ever in Townsville.

There is only one suggestion I have and that is it would be a bonus if there was unlimited complimentary Wi Fi. Just a suggestion!

Room Tip: Ensure you pick a room with a river and city view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Maccs
OaksGateway, Manager at Oaks Gateway Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Good Morning,

Our locality is often a major attraction for many of our guests. I am very happy that this helped to make your stay for business much more pleasurable.

The spacious apartments are also conducive to business travel as they allow many guests to feel more at home, despite being on the road for work.

I do hope you will make it back to Townsville as we would love to see you again.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Oaks Gateway has generous rooms simplistically fit out with the basics for those staying longer periods. The rooms are serviced daily, are clean and comfortable. Gateway is well positioned in Palmer Street for taxi access and a broad range of restaurants and cafes.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Leonie K

Hi Leonie,

It is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location while visiting us recently. I do hope you enjoyed everything Townsville has to offer.

I am glad our facilities met your needs and look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Townsville.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We felt very comfortable here and found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. We had a great view from our balcony and enjoyed the short walk to the restaurants.

Will stay here again and recommend this establishment to anyone needing a quality place to stay in Townsville.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Alex S
OaksGateway, Manager at Oaks Gateway Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Hi Alex,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the reception team to be friendly and helpful. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Townsville so you can again take advantage of our wonderful location.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Right above Ribs n Rumps in Palmer street and close to everything. Staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and new. Don't like the $150 hold on my credit card when there isn't even a mini bar, but I would stay there again and certainly recommen

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am pleased you enjoyed your recent stay and found both our service and location to your needs.

While we do not have a mini bar, we do offer a facility where guests may charge their meals from local restaurants Ribs & Rump, Jam Corner and Outback Jacks to their room account. I hope you will be able to take advantage of these facilities on your next stay.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We just love Oaks Gateway on Palmer - Quiet and so convenient to restaurants / bars etc.

The staff are so friendly and the rooms are very clean and spacious even the 1 bedroom is large enough.

Great for people without transport - close to many attractions

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Sharon,

It is so nice to see and hear when guests really enjoy their stay with us. I am glad our service was able to contribute to your enjoyment of our wonderful facilities and location. The convenience to local attractions is one benefit of the property that many of our guests take advantage of.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Nice apartments compared to the others in Townsville. They are newly built compared to others. Good location close to shopping and restaurants. Service is not very friendly though. Front desk staff need to learn to smile.

There is a new restaurant they have opened last year which serves good food.

For short visits I would prefer z nice hotel than stay at the oaks.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
OaksGateway, Manager at Oaks Gateway Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

I am glad that you found our spacious apartments suitable to your needs while you were in Townsville, but am very dissapointed to hear that you found the reception team were not welcoming. This has been a particular focus of our over the last month.

Your feedback is very helpful and will be used as part of our ongoing training and development in guest service. It is an invaluable example of why something as simple as a smile is so important and has such a large impact for our guests.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for work purposes.
I found it to be very neat and clean. It was quite new and modern.
A few restaurants on the street below so you don't need to go far for a feed.
I would definitely stay here again.
Only bad point was I was a bit confused as to why the have to hold $150 on my credit card considering there are no incidentals and that the room was booked and paid for through my employee.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
OaksGateway, Manager at Oaks Gateway Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us found both the modern features of the apartment and cleanliness to be of a high standard.

A pre-authoristion (which puts a hold on the funds in your account) of $150 is taken on arrival, as you said. This is taken because while the accommodation is often pre-paid for many guests, we also offer services such as charging meals from local restaurants and wireless internet which are not always covered by employers.