“Great location, great facilities”

Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed for just one night during a drive from bundaberg to cairns but could have stayed for much longer. We upgraded to a one bedroom apartment type room which had a king bed separate to the living area with sofa bed. The beds were comfy and the kitchenette vey handy. I don't like rooms with the shower over the bath but i did like the spacious bathroom with laundry attached. The fitness centre was well set up and had everything you'd need for an easy 'holiday' work out.
Being on Palmer Street the hotel is surrounded by dining options which was very handy after a long drive. The hotel staff were quick to give good recommendations with where to eat and enjoy a few quite drinks.
Overall excellent experience and can't wait for an excuse to visit again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CrazyCat86
Troy S, General Manager at Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Hi CrazyCat86,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us at Grand Hotel Townsville. I am glad to hear that you made use of and enjoyed the hotel facilities. I agree, the location is great, with so many restaurants and bars surrounding the hotel you can be spoilt for choice.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future, maybe for a few days so you can enjoy everything that Townsville has to offer.

Safe travels and thanks again.
Troy

There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for work after reading very positive reviews on trip advisor. Upon arriving at my room I was surprised to find a very stained and soiled sitting chair as well as a large stain on the carpet.... Definitely not a good first impression! The manager quickly inspected the room and moved me to a lovely room next door with out any fuss!... Just good customer service. He also sent up delicious bottle of wine and a hand written note appologising which I greatly appreciated.... Later that evening I unfortunately had a fall in the shower/bath as the bath is very deep and extremely slippery. I mention this on checkout and suggested some sort of mat or similar be installed... Over all I would stay here again when I next return to Townsville for work.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Stylishwoman
Troy S, General Manager at Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Hi Stylishwoman,

My sincere appologies again for the initial impression and I trust that you are fine after the slip in the bathroom.

Good customer service is what the hotel prides itself on and we really hope to welcome you back to the Grand Hotel Townsville next time you are here on business, and I assure you that your stay will be a little less eventful.

Thank you again for your feedback and suggestions.

Best regards
Troy

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a bit of R&R in a 1 Bdr room . Upon check in all staff where very friendly & helpful & all requests where on the money . The room was a good size & a great bathroom loved the 2nd tv in the bedroom & kitchen & room had every thing you could need . The pool & gym where great also . Apart from the genral staff i would like to thank the house keeping ladies for the fantastic job they did , all ways very friendly . There are only 2 faults i found on my stay & they where the aircon filtters hadnt been cleaned in a while " Dont get me wrong 9/10 places i have stayed no matter how many stars the aircon filters where also dirty " The 2nd the lounge & chair in the room had some nasty stains on them house keeping did there best to clean them for me :). All in all close to everything & a great place to stay & great staff . Ps Any chance of some more cable channels other than sports ???

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Hi Cole161,
I trust that you made the most of the 3 days R&R.

Thank you for sharing your experience about the Grand Hotel Townsville with the Trip Advisor community. The staff at the hotel really do try to ensure that every guest has a great stay here with us, and it sounds like they did exactly that for you.

I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel facilities. I agree, the rooms are great and in a great location.

I really appreciate your feedback on a few items to improve and assure you that these will be ammended. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hotel Townsville next time you are looking for a short break away for some R&R.

best regards
Troy Scott

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights during an emotional trip due to family emergency and I must say what GREAT staff and the Grand is lucky to have them.
We stayed in a one bedroom apartment overlooking Palmer Street, unlike main streets in a big city there is no traffic noise to annoy you.
Ellie helped me from start to finish and was so accommodating, nothing at all was too much trouble, everyone was just so pleasant and obliging, it helped so much through a very stressful time. You'd be lucky if you have Ellie look after you.
The one bedroom apartments have everything you need, kitchenette, microwave, large fridge, dining area, verandah, lounge area with separate bedroom and bathroom, iron and washing machine. The Grand is right on Palmer street which is full of restaurants so if you don't feel like cooking there is no shortage of choice.
I highly recommend if you are thinking of staying in Townsville stay at the Grand, close to the CBD, The Strand, Palmer street, everything within a few minutes except the three major shopping centres which require transport.

Room Tip: Recommend the One Bedroom apartment facing Palmer Street, one negative you do get slight noise from...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa L

Hi Lisa,

I hope that all has worked out fine for you and your family.

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us at Grand Hotel Townsville. I am glad that the team were helpful and able to ensure that your stay was comfortable and hassle free.

I certainly feel lucky having such a genuine and customer focussed team here at the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hotel Townsville again in the future.

Best wishes and again, Thank you.

Troy Scott

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed in a spacious and clean 2bdr room at Easter with my family. I found the check in staff very efficient and helpful. Roslyn even helped take the bags to the room as I was juggling the kids.She then returned with some Easter treats for the children.
I mentioned to Roslyn that my elderly parents were coming to visit and she organized complementary parking for them and recommended a couple of reasonably priced restaurants in the area that were not too much of a walk. All in all a very nice hotel complex with wonderful and friendly service.
Glenn & family.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gar2828
Marc D, General Manager at Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Gar2828

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments about our staff and in particular Roslynne. The staff are always thrilled to receive such positive feedback and we are lucky to have such wonderful team and they are truly and asset to the hotel. We love our location on the restuarant strip of Townsville, there are many options for dining and I am glad our team were able to recommend some great resturants for you to enjoy.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Clean, comfortable, modern, spacious rooms. Very impressed. Was amazed by the very high level of customer service from the moment we rang to book the hotel. We have not had customer service like this for a very long time. Couldn't rate the place high enough!! It is also central to a wide range of cafes and restaurants. Will definately be staying here again on our next trip to Townsville.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacey T

Dear Stacey T

Wow, what a head line!!! We pride ourselves on being the No 1 hotel on Trip Advisor for Townsville and we are pleased we lived up to our reputation. Our team is passionate about the presentation, cleanliness of our rooms and the customer service we provide. Being surrounded by a wide array of restaurants, owned by people also passionate about hospitality, is a bonus for us!

Thank you for your review Stacey T and we hope to see you on your next stay in Townsville.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Traveled here on business, the room was fantastic, modern, spacious, very clean and nice air conditioning. The bathroom was also very modern and large with a great shower.
The location is also fantastic right in the middle of all the restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eztay

Dear Eztay

I am pleased the hotel catered for your needs and thank you for your review. The hotel has a great location set in and amongst some wonderful restaurants. You are really spoilt for choice when dining along Palmer Street. Our rooms have been designed with comfort and space in mind to ensure our guests have room to spread out

We would love to see you on your next business trip to Townsville