Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville
Rocks Guesthouse(Townsville)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
All reviewspillow menuone bedroom apartmentpalmer streetgreat locationwasher dryerboom gatesecure undercover parkingvictoria bridgesome great restaurantsribs and rumpsrestaurants and pubsreception staffacross the roadan upgrademini barsmall balconyking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

good sized room. very clean and modern
clos e to lots of places to eat
small gym but everything worked
small pool with sun in the morning only.
undercover parking at a smalll cost
I would say here again

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank aus_gregg
Carl F, General Manager at Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear aus_isis

What a headline and five stars in your rating!!! Even more pleasing that is from a senior contributor who has 112 reviews....wow.....thank you. The team were very chuffed when I read your review to them as they take a genuine interest in the care of our guests.

Next time you stay with us you must try the Wagyu Hotpot on the room service menu....great homely dish to finish off a hard day.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Townsville.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times in the last fortnight. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are nice. Once issue with the cleaning on arrival this week, but it was fixed up quickly. Generally the rooms are very clean.

Room Tip: The self contained apartments are great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris_in_CairnsAU

Dear Chris_in_CairnsAU

Great review thank you.....we really pride oursleves on the product and service levels we deliver....if something is not right we ensure it is rectified straight away to ensure you feel at home and enjoy the Grand Hotel Townsville experience. Glad you enjoyed our One Bedroom apartment suites which are really comfortable and spacious....perfect for short or long stays.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We travel to Qld for consulting often and usually stay at another older hotel in town and we tried the Grand Hotel recommended from our client in town and were pleasantly surprised. Friendly knowledgeable front office girl and newish rooms with good amenities and kitchenette. We enjoyed a few days and would book again. Handy food choices so close.

Room Tip: rooms facing our directly to new ribs and rump restaurant not the best on weekends can get very noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Joanne D

What a fabulous review and even more pleasing that you received the recommendation from someone based here in Townsville. Great to see the Grand Hotel Townsville team exceeding expectations with the service and information they provided you during your stay.
On your next trip you must try Salt Cellar or Jam Corner who have just introduced new menus. Both venues you can charge back to your name for convenience.

Joanne D I look forward to welcoming you back to hotel soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment at the Grand Hotel for 2 nights as part of a Queensland road trip.

The position of the hotel is great. Palmer Street has all the restaurants and bars you could need. It’s also a short stroll over the river to the brewery and over the aquarium. We walked to the Magnetic Island ferry but it was on the limit of walking distance.

The rooms were very well furnished with a comfortable king size bed and everything feels brand new.

The staff were friendly in all the interactions we had.

The secure car park was a plus.

The downside was that the shower was in the bath and the shower head was only as high as my chin (I’m 6’3).

The only other gripe we had was that the TV wasn’t tuned in to pick up all channels so it only made us move between the lounge and the bedroom to watch the program of choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to get the river views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear hollc

Great to see so many senior contributors staying with us and commenting on our property. From your comments you certainly got to enjoy the sights and sounds of what this city offers and staying at the Grand Hotel Townsville is the perfect location to enjoy this. Magnetic Island (Maggie to the locals) is a great spot for all travellers.....I saw whales from the beach there last week.....pure magic! Hollc got your note about the TV's which we have now rectified.....thank you!!! I hope you also got to enjoy the Palmer Street eateries which are some of the best in Townsville.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed three nights during the Australian Chamber Music Festival. I was impressed by the location,cleanliness, amenities,and efficient and friendly staff who dutifully took photos of me wearing the vintage hats I located in Townsvilles amazing antique shops.

Room Tip: I like a room with balconey. I always take ear plugs when I travel so noise does not disturb my sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Four Hats

I am really glad you enjoyed a little bit of culture up here in Northern Queensland. Townsville is developing a great reputation for putting on stunning events from the Chamber Orchestra to the V8's to the Groovin the Moo concerts and much much more. I am sure those Vintage hats kept you safe in our beautiful sun drenched city.

Thank you for your review in particular the comments regarding our service levels.