“The locals choice”

Betty Blue & The Lemon Tart
Ranked #18 of 366 Restaurants in Townsville
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: A place to get away from the world and enjoy generous amounts of freshly made meals that warm the soul. Most well known for the generous breakfasts that go all day.
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
“The locals choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

As a local, this is hands down no questions asked my favourite breakfast location. The portions are huge the food is tasty and the atmosphere is relaxed. They have chalk board on the tables for kids to draw on what more do you want. I have heard people winged about the service but when the food packs that much of a flavour punch at such a good price who really cares! If you're unsure what to order, grab a coffee or a fresh juice and watch the meals coming out, it will give you an understanding of what you are going to get.

• Visited September 2013

“big breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

As stated in other reviews the meals are big. Excellent coffee, breakfast was fresh and the eggs were cooked to perfection. Looking forward to coming back for more.

Brisbane Region, Australia
“Looks Shabby from the Outside, But inside is a different story..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Took Simone to lunch here the other day as she works not too far from here. It looks really average from the outside, however inside is modern with a twist on the decorating. Quite a quirky little place. The customer service was brilliant, all the waitstaff very lovely. The food was well priced for what you received and the tastes were good. Only critisism I would have is the side salads are rocket and a soya sauce. It needs a little something else. Sundried tomatoes and fetta perhaps? Just something. Other than that, a lovely little place to visit. We have been twice already.

“Fill ya guts”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We dined here for breakfast recently having read recent reviews on tripadvisor. If you are just going here to fill your guts you'll love the place as the meals were huge. My husband and I however, we're unimpressed. Hubby ordered the waffles thinking he would get breakfast waffles. But instead he received a giant willy wonkaesk mound of sugary rubbish - see photo. My dish was ok (avocado with mushy peas) but the peas were not mushy and straight out of the freezer. We were however pleasantly surprised by the coffee as coming from Melbourne we had low expectations but enjoyed it.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank NatKat66
Townsville City, QLD
“Fusion food or food confusion!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have always enjoyed coming here, there ceasar eggs are great, but I was really disappointed when I tasted my dish....
I ordered the corn and spring onion fritters, with soya soaked bacon, capsicum jam and sour cream, I was really looking forward to the breakfast, My breakfast arrived and it looked pretty good....
I had two doughy fritters that had next to no spring onions in it ( I think it could have been better with more eggs or less flour) these fritters were soaking in a sweet soy sauce( probably abc sauce or kechap manis from what I tasted) Its a Seasoning NOT a gravy!!!
The capsicum jam and sour cream were nice, the bacon wasn't soaked( I had 3 pieces of bacon and all three eyes of the bacon were stuck together with no sauce/soya flavouring on it), then there was a wedge of avocado just soaking in the sweet soy sauce, there are some things that just don't mix!
If the menu said that the soya sauce was sweet, or that there was a generous drizzle( it was more like a small pond of sweet soy sauce) I probably wouldn't have ordered it. When mixing and matching different cuisines, more is not always better.
The staff told me it was an acquired taste, most Asian cuisines have hundreds of recipes that use various types of soy sauces its not an acquired taste, (soy is extremely common) That's just improper use of an ingredient that isn't local.

2 Thank MAHMEE