“Omg”

Betty Blue & The Lemon Tart
Ranked #31 of 394 Restaurants in Townsville
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A place to get away from the world and enjoy generous amounts of freshly made meals that warm the soul. Most well known for the generous breakfasts that go all day.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

What a find big meals lots of people and great sounds of people enjoying themselves keep up the good work

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was keen to try this place based on its high rating, so off my husband and I went for a weekend breakfast. It was extremely busy, which meant that customers were jammed in like sardines. I found it difficult to maneuver around people, chairs and tables to get to the counter to place our order. There was a queue at the counter and precious little space to line up. I felt like I was intruding nearby diners due to the lack of space. It was also very noisy because it was so busy.

Our food arrived about 30 mins after ordering I believe, which was reasonable considering how busy they were. My husband ordered the quesadilla and I ordered the waffles. They both looked like heart attacks on plates. Not for the health conscious that's for sure. Best part of my meal was the fresh strawberries; I ate little else.

I have to say the service was quite good. After I accidentally left my coffee too long and it was not warm enough to drink, I asked the waiter if he could reheat it (just expected it to go in the microwave for a few seconds). Instead he made me a whole new coffee at no charge.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Bouquets: tasty food, good coffee, friendly staff, extensive menu, very reasonable prices.
Brick bats: ridiculously big servings - my quesadilla had at least 5 rashers of bacon; high fat and high calorie - all the dishes i saw were covered in cheese, cream and sauce; the cafe was really noisy; we had to remove our own dirty dishes.
Will I return? I would go back with my adult sons - they are the perfect target audience.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Betty blue was nicely presented in terms of decor but that's about as far as it goes. I was disappointed fairly quickly. I ordered an Eggs Benedict with a latte. The food was fairly average...bland tasting and overcooked eggs, drowned in hollandaise! And my latte turned up after I had finished my meal! I think they had either forgotten about it or are just very slow! The service was poor. I had to encourage the waitress to collect a bottle of water for the table although my feeling was they would have preferred for me to attend to it myself! This is the second time I've visited (as I thought I would give it another go)...very noisy inside and other restaurants certainly have more to offer.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Dropped in for lunch some of the breakfast items were not available so opted for the fritters. It was a very big meal but it just didn't present well for me. Everything just looked slapped on the plate.