“Great little place”

New Saigon Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This Gold Coast eatery features a range of authentic and well-priced Vietnamese, Thai and Chinese dishes on the extensive menu. Indecisive diners might want to turn their attention to the substantial list of chef's specials. The Chef, Hue Trieu, has worked in the restaurant business since her teenage years. Cooking is true passion for her. She learned and developed her cooking skills from her family's restaurant in Vietnam as well in different Chinese and Thai restaurants in Germany. In 1993 She and her husband set up their first restaurant in Geelong, also named New Saigon and then the second one named Hi Hi restaurant, both were successful. Deeply impressed by Gold Coast's lovely weather and lifestyle, She and her family moved to Gold Coast in 2003 initially for early retirement but only 1 year later she missed the hospitality scene so much, so they decided to open New Saigon Restaurant in Gold Coast in April 2004. Although the position is not really ideal for a restaurant but thanks to the good support of regular local customers as well casual tourists, New Saigon Restaurant has established itself as a good place for authentic Vietnamese and Asian foods on the Coast.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went here on a Saturday night and quickly it became packed. Obviously everyone knows it's a good little joint. The restaurant is clean for a Vietnamese restaurant. There was only one wait staff and he did a great job serving over ten tables.Food was delicious. Drinks were yummy. I cannot fault this place. As I write this post I'm wanting to go back again tonight. Humble family restaurant and the type I'd prefer to support.

1  Thank leelfoodlover

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Although the presentation of the restaurant appeared humble, we enjoyed our experience there so much, we came back a second time during our recent stay.We had the beef noodle soup (pho) and Viet beef salad. Both were delicious and a taste of my mum's home cooking. I definately would recommend these dishes. The kids enjoyed the special fried rice. The meat spice rolls were also yummy! We enjoyed the pad Thai with chicken on our second visit. The service was also friendly and efficient and at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Nhung E
Reviewed January 24, 2013

great tasting vietnamese food in unpretentious family run restaurant/cafe.don't expect fast service,mother is cook,father is waiter,when busy,be patient,it's worth it.ample parking,easily accessible off gold coast highway south of surfers paradise.serves grog,but also BYO if budget conscious.good pho(better than Hanoi I can assure you).

1  Thank trevlotz
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Nothing wrong with it, but after reading all these awesome reviews I was expecting something....well....awesome! I'd say the food was good, but nothing out of the ordinary.Service was not so flash. Let's put it this way, I'm in no hurry to return.

1  Thank Tony B
Reviewed January 7, 2013

After dinning at quite a few asian restaurants whilst in the Gold coast we checked out trip advisor which rated New Saigon Vietnamese restaurant very well.If you are after great tasting authentic vietnamese cuisine then dont pass the chance to dine here.Although the decore and surroundings are not for intimate dining they are extremly clean and homely.The thing that impressed my partner and i was the fact that the whole restaurant is operated by husband and wife and all the meals were quick and very nicely presented excellent flavour and taste.

3  Thank thai-riffic