“i love mexican”

Mexican Montezuma's Surfers Paradise
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Authentic Mexican in a colourful and lively atmosphere, wonderful margaritas enjoyed in the courtyard with beach views or dine in in our cosy bar. Sangria is another favourite, huge menu with plenty of vegetarian, beef, seafood and chicken dishes as well as an extensive gluten free menu. Open 7 days
Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“i love mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

The mexican here is the best on the Coast! The burritos here are the best i've ever come across and i have eaten alot of burritos! The customer service is good and everyone is always smiling. It was a pleasant experience :)

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Napier, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
“Mexican food at its best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Montezuma's in Surfers Paradise offers great Mexican food and drink. There is a variety of food including the standard Tacos, Nachos and Enchiladas as well as some different dishes. The hardest thing about Montezuma's for me is trying to decide what to order. The Chile con Queso cheese dip is superb as is the Sangria. The only complaint I would have is that the restaurant is a little dark and is mainly lit by candles but when the food is this good, who needs to see it?

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Louise W
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Mexican dive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

This restaurant is awesome and i recommend their deal on Thursday nights! The decor is great and the ambiance is really mexican and romantic, kinda dark ;)
Food and service were both great!

• Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Not as impressed as with our last visits...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My partner & I have been here several times (we are from Sydney, but always come here whenever we are in Surfers Paradise), and we have never been disappointed, and always look forward to coming here. Last weekend I came here with a group of girls and although the food didn't disappoint, the service left a lot to be desired.

After looking through the cocktail menu, one of the other girls & I decided we both wanted a "Lemon Lime Betters" cocktail, so we ordered that, specifically saying cocktail (so there was no confusion). A couple of the other girls ordered some cocktails as well. When our waiter brought them out, he handed my friend & I just a normal lemon lime bitters drink. We explained we wanted the cocktail, not the drink. He seemed very annoyed about this and tried to argue with us, telling us we didn't order the cocktail. After a bit of an argument, he said "Fine, drink a bit out of it and I'll add some vodka" - excuse me, but that isn't a cocktail, that is just a vodka lemon lime bitters, and the actual cocktail had cointreau and actually looked like a cocktail.

We had a few sips out of our drinks, and then waited. 10 minutes passed and he hadn't bothered to come back over, so my friend took the drinks over to him at the bar, where he ended up taking them back and making us actual cocktails. I understand there might have been some confusion but surely he could have been a bit more understanding & not so rude towards us.

We all ordered our meals and within 20 minutes or so they started coming out. We were all given our meals, except one person from our group who had ordered a beef burrito & the waitress brought out a vegetarian burrito. We explained this wasn't what we ordered, so the waitress apologised and said they were making her meal now, and there would be a 10 minute wait. Because of this, we were all finished our meals by the time my friend got her meal which was a bit disappointing.

Like I said, we were very happy with the food but we weren't impressed with the service at all. The prices are great though - there were 8 of us, so we ordered 8 meals, 5 cocktails and two soft drinks, and our bill only came to $180.

• Visited July 2013
Gold Coast, Australia
“Over-rated restaurant!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Can't see the hype about this restaurant! It was small and cramped and the food tasted more like a microwave meal, very bland and no taste at all, not worth the $22.95 that I payed.

• Visited July 2013