“Hit and Miss”

Nicolinis
Ranked #157 of 403 Restaurants in Surfers Paradise
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nicolini's has been going strong in Surfers Paradise since 1971 serving traditional Italian food and pizza in a relaxed environment
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We shared a pizza for dinner and the taste stayed with me for days. I think it was a little overdone. We went back for dinner a couple of nights later. I was very disappointed with my prawn and crab pasta. I could hardly taste any crab and the cream sauce was bland and tasteless. Atop of the pasta were 4 lonely prawns. This dish was certainly not value for money. We would not dine at this restaurant again when we visit Surfers Paradise.

1  Thank Fifi03_12

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I really wanted to try chili crab (but not at the exorbitant price some restaurants want) so we wandered into Nicolinis Restaurant Pizzeria. Our entree was stuffed mushroom, for our main, my husband had Morton Bay Bugs and I had a Lobster pasta.
Gorgeous, tasty and filling!
Not one of these 'specks on a plate, call it a meal and charge a fortune' restaurants.
And when we returned the following night for a takeaway pizza, the waitress remembered us and we got a discount on our pizza.
Nice.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

If you like Italian, you'll love Nicolinis. It's set in the very hweart of Surfers Paradise, on the Surfers Paradise Boulevard diagonally opposite the Grand Chancellor Hotel and up the road (heading south) from the Islander Hotel. The owner and his son have been there for as long as I can recall, more than 35 years in fact, testament to their enduring appeal and to the food they serve. Being Italian, they offer all the usual pastas, pizzas,veal, chicken and steak options, served with verve, and even seafood, in an elegant setting that belies the value they offer. Most mains are $25.00-29.00, which is the norm for Surfers on the tourist strips, but the value is there. I invariably ask for Veal Milanese and, having just come back from Milan, I can tell you they do it better at Nicolinis than in the city after which that dish is named! If you have enough appetite for dessert they offer a really delicious mint-flavoured gelato. Best of all, it's BYO (but also licensed) and is open every night and for lunch also Tuesday-Friday. Go, you'll greatly enjoy it!

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Bloody sensational, awesome food and service.

I have been here countless times and never been disappointed.

For a quick pizza before a big night or a family meal, or a birthday celebration for 20+

I take my hat off to the chef and the staff for the food and service.
Can't wait to come back

Uuuummm garlic prawn pizza.

Blackened snapper..,,

Stop it I am drooling just thinking about it.

Nick and his staff know what it's all about.

Love the Peroni On tap.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Poor quality meat! The veal was over tenderised beef - certainly not real veal. Inflated prices for a very ordinary product. Wait staff were pleasant and welcoming.