“Consistently good food”

Misono Japanese Steakhouse
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The highly trained Misono chefs are known as entertainers as well as culinary masters and create an unforgettable dining experience every time as they slice, dice and juggle utensils, while tossing prawns and eggs. A range of teppanyaki banquets are prepared at your table featuring combinations of fresh seafood, tender steak and succulent chicken. All banquets are served with miso soup, followed by salad, prawn appetiser, hibachi vegetables and steamed or fried rice. Step inside and live the moment. If you were taught never to play with your food then perhaps it’s time to break the rules. Expected the unexpected...amplified at Misono.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have been here many times with family and friends. The prices and portion sizes are very excessive. I suggest getting the single meat banquet (randomly placed on the right side of the menu, separate from other banquets). Upgrade your boiled rice to the hibachi chicken (fried) rice. The wait staff should actually make an effort to mention that there is an additional charge for the hibachi rice. When they asked people at our table, they make it sound like an option, not at addition.

After seeing a group of four only order two banquets and then share their meals between them, I thought that would be a great idea for my next visit! So the next time, I tried to order one banquet for two people, they said that is not allowed. I certainly hope in future they are more consistent with their rules. I couldn't possibly eat a whole banquet on my own but it seemed unfair that the group of four last time were allowed to share.

The atmosphere is nice and staff are very helpful (when they're around). When you walk in (on time) for your booking, they make you sit down and wait in the sake bar. We proceeded to the bar and struggled to find a seat, as there were a lot of other people waiting around too. There was one girl working at the bar, preparing drinks for everyone waiting. I think she was struggling to keep track of orders and the order in which people were sitting down.

If you have a booking for a specific time, don't push yourself to get there for that time, as they make you wait anyway. Then they move you to your table, and if the other groups are not on time then there is even more waiting.

The food is great and the chefs always provide a unique experience, demonstrating their different skills and bringing their own flare to the night. I recommend the tempura ice cream or banana dessert. Very interesting! But again, make sure you share it or bring someone with a big appetite, as even the desserts are very large servings!

1  Thank Kwijibo1
Marriott S, General Manager at Misono Japanese Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Firstly, we would like to thank you very much for your loyalty and support of Benihana. It is great to read that each time you dine in the restaurant, the food quality is consistently high and you enjoy your experience.

We do have a selection of banquets that are designed to be shared such as the Redflower Banquet which includes fillet steak, prawns, lobster tail and scallops or the Samurai Banquet which can be shared between 3 people and includes fillet steak, chicken and scallops – served with mixed sushi and ice cream. We apologise that this was not made clear to you when placing your order and have passed on your comments to our team.

Benihana is a very popular restaurant, especially on weekends so we do encourage all of our guests to arrive promptly so as to avoid delays with your meals being prepared by our chefs, especially as it is communal dining and you will be seated with other guests.

We have noted your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to review our restaurant on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Benihana soon.

There are newer reviews for Misono Japanese Steakhouse

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Honestly the best teppanyaki on the Gold Coast, the service is second to none and all the chefs make you feel comfortable, and the waiters were there whenever we required them. Can be expensive but well worth it for a great dinner experience.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I went to this restaurant for a friends birthday, I hadn't done Teppanyaki before and it was just fantastic. Our chefs were Jojean and Kernan and they were so entertaining, doing all sorts of tricks, singing, joking and having us catch food in our mouths. Another man came in and sang accapella style with the beat provided by salt and pepper which became an all in sing along that was fabulous. The food was good and there was a lot of it! We all left feeling like we would burst. Overall such a fun night and would highly recommend.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My family and I visited the coast for summer holidays and had 2 special nights at the Marriott, following some friends’ advice. We are very thankful for the tip and as we ABSOULTELY loved both Citrique and Benihana.
At Citrique, we had the best and freshest seafood, followed by all kinds of hot foods and a huge dessert buffet. We had different favourites but my personal ones were the oysters (both fresh and hot – Kilpatrick and wasabi) and the ice cream station. I am already salivating!
At Benihana, we celebrated my husband’s birthday and the entire staff made it so special! We had some delicious cocktails at the bar and then a fabulous meal with tender steak, tasty seafood and amazing fried rice. The chef was a lot of fun and sang happy birthday to my husband. Our waitress was always smiley and helpful. She even brought a surprise dessert with a candle and a sparkler at the end! It was an unforgettable experience that I would recommend to everyone!
Thank you, Marriott team, for such great nights!

Marriott S, General Manager at Misono Japanese Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

What a great review! Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the holidays and for celebrating your husband’s birthday at Benihana. We are so glad you had such a wonderful stay and appreciate you taking the time to thank our team via Tripadvisor.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing night. Our Chef Cyrus was entertaining and fun! We went on a Wednesday so we got the $39 deal which was an amazing deal. It was my Mums birthday that night also which they sang and Cyrus made a rice person with a candle in it for her. We would recommend to all and will most definitely be back!

Marriott S, General Manager at Misono Japanese Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

We are so glad you had such a wonderful evening when dining at Benihana recently – our Why Cook Wednesday’s promotion is great value isn’t it?

The restaurant is a perfect celebration venue especially for birthday parties so thank you for choosing Benihana to share such a special occasion.

Cyrus and all the team at Benihana look forward to welcoming you back soon!