“Awesome dining experience!”

Misono Japanese Steakhouse
Reserve with
Misono Japanese Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The highly trained Misono chefs are known as entertainers as well as culinary masters and create an unforgettable dining experience every time as they slice, dice and juggle utensils, while tossing prawns and eggs. A range of teppanyaki banquets are prepared at your table featuring combinations of fresh seafood, tender steak and succulent chicken. All banquets are served with miso soup, followed by salad, prawn appetiser, hibachi vegetables and steamed or fried rice. Step inside and live the moment. If you were taught never to play with your food then perhaps it’s time to break the rules. Expected the unexpected...amplified at Misono.
Kings Beach
“Awesome dining experience!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I looked over the menu before making a booking, so the price of the meals came as no surprise to me. But because of the cost I did have high expectations for the experience. Expectations met! These guys are amazing at what they do and the restaurant itself is very clean and modern. Even though our chef botched up a couple of his tricks during the evening, he took it in stride, we all clapped, and he was always able to grab a clean replacement tool without missing a beat. I dare say the little mistakes even made it more fun because we all had a good laugh together.

The person that rated these guys one star in an earlier review must have eaten at one of the cheaper teppanyaki restaurants in the area because every chef that I saw at this place finished off their performance by cleaning their grill and writing "Thank you :)" in salt. The wait staff were also very attentive and professional.

Thank you to all the Benihana staff working 20/06/13!

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
“Wagyu so good!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been wanting to try Teppanyaki again for almost 10 years and I'm so glad I finally did. The decor and atmosphere were fantastic and our chef put on a brilliant show and interacted well with all the diners. I choose the lobster and wagyu, my wife the beef, chicken and pork. The lobster was great but the highlight was my extremely tender tasty wagyu, probably the second best steak I have ever have. Although it is quite expensive you are paying also for the experience. The only downsides were the onion soup to start which was bland and I don't really know if it was worth an extra $8 for the fried rice as you still get the show if at least one of the people at your table are having it.

• Visited May 2013
Southport, Australia
“Good food and fun”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We came here with a big group and were looked after well. The food is yummy and the show that comes with the cooking is fun.

Main Beach, Australia
“Good but a little loud...”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a superb spot but not if you are on business or after a quiet, romantic dinner. The ambient noise created by the interactive chef/cooking stations is almost unbearably loud and because they have a tendency to jam as many diners around the grill at each station, it is really loud. There is no privacy or elbow room BUT the food is amazing. The service is the bar was very poor. At one point we sarcastically asked a staff member if it was self serve as no one had even acknowledged us sitting there waiting for ten minutes. 3 out of 5 stars. With better management and a lot more attention to detail this place would be lined up for miles.

Visited December 2012
Marriott S, General Manager at Misono Japanese Steakhouse, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We would like to thank you for your feedback following your recent dining experience at Benihana and are glad that you enjoyed your meal.

I am sorry that you were not acknowledged at the Sake Bar when you arrived and appreciate you bringing this to our attention as this is definitely not the standard to which we aspire.

Benihana is very popular, especially with some of our local guests and provides an entertaining atmosphere as the teppanyaki chefs prepare everything right in front of you. Each of the teppan tables can accommodate between 8 - 10 guests and the restaurant offers a fantastic environment for celebrations such as birthday parties, pre wedding dinners or team building events.

Citrique, our all day dining restaurant located on the Ground Floor, offers a spectacular seafood buffet or a la carte menu every evening and is perfect for couples looking for a more quiet and romantic setting.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Restaurants soon.
Nyack, New York
“Great Hibachi experience, and fun staff”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I loved the atmosphere, even though it was a quiet Sunday night. We had a smattering of people from all over the world at our hibachi table and it was great to be able to interact. I had "bug" for the first time and it was absolutely delicious. . . Texture and taste wise I found it much nicer then lobster. Portions are large as is hibachi norm, the food was cooked perfectly, and the sake certainly helped as well. The chef was friendly, fun, and most importantly he put on an excellent show.

Visited May 2013