“Great location & views”

Paradise Centre Apartments
Hobart, Australia
“Great location & views”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We just had a five night stay on the 18th floor of the Allunga building. Our apartment was lovely and clean and really nicely furnished, the views were amazing. The location of these apartments can not be beaten close to what ever you want to do. The customer service of the staff at the front desk was excellent they helped us with everything including booking our shuttle bus and giving us great advise when we asked about anything.The pool area was fantastic. We would stay again for sure. Thank you from Sharen.C & Jacob.B. Tasmania.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sharen C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Enjoyed a relaxing family holiday here, everything was at our doorsteep. Beautiful views, great weather,very comfortable accommodation.Huge 2 bedroom, self contained unit, excellent for families. Swimming pool, , sauna, gym... not far to beach and also close to fantastic shopping.
we will be back...

Room Tip: chose a upper level for the view day and also at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear, 961 debbie

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay with us and happy to hear that you found our apartment are spacious and very comfortable, with beautiful views of the Surfers Paradise and northern ocean views.

It was also pleasing to read you found our facilities are excellent for families, especially the swimming pool, sauna and gym., then there our location directly above Centro shopping centre and not too far from the beach.

I’m glad we were able to achieve our goal; that is providing the WOW factor to your stay.

Once again 961 debbie I thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Paradise Centre Apartments.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Situated over a shopping centre in the heart of the Surfers Paradise precinct with secure parking, I was concerned on the first night about the pumping nightlife, but it didn't disturb us at all.
The 2 bedroom unit was large and had not only 2 bathrooms but also a separate laundry.
The airconditioning was a little loud and we had some issues getting a good temperature, but if we didn't have a toddler with us we would have opened the large doors to the good sized balcony to make the most of the sea breeze (the patrolled beach is directly over the road.) If views are important, you won't be disappointed (we were on the 16th floor).
The pillows in our apartment (1602) were very flat and the beds were very firm, but we slept ok.
We only interacted with the reception staff upon arrival and departure, but they were very friendly and accommodating.
Would I stay again? Yes I certainly would.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor - not only do you get a great view, but you are a little higher above the noise...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear, Ronni 68

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay with us and happy to hear that you found our apartment are spacious, with spectacular views, as well as, our location directly above Centro shopping centre and the heart of Surfers Paradise, provided the WOW factor to your stay.

Even though the night clubs are located nearby, it was pleasing to read the noise associated with the night clubs didn’t disturb you at all.

I also appreciate your comments about the air conditioner and pillows and have taken your comments on board.

It was also pleasing to read, even though your interaction with our staff was limited, you found us friendly and accommodating

By the sounds of your review we were able to provide our goal, that is, providing the WOW to your stay with us.

Once again Ronni 68 I thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Paradise Centre Apartments.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have stayed at the Paradise Centre Apartments on two occasions and cant wait to go back!!
Yes the accommodation is standard but it has everything you need and the location, views and price are well worth it. Would highly recommend staying here!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle C
Dear, Danielle C

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent return visit with us and happy to hear that you Highly Recommended stay here and that you found our property location, views and price are well worth it. I please to read we were able to provide the WOW factor for you again.

I also appreciate your comments especially about our accommodation standards have everything you would need.

I would like to mention for our future guest reading this review, we do have two types of accommodation available at Paradise Centre Apartments, for our one and two bedroom apartments, being Non-Executive and Executive. Then for those large families travelling, we also have well appointed three bedroom apartments available, as well.

Once again Danielle C, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Paradise Centre Apartments in the not too distant future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Paradise Centre Apartments (part of Mantra hotel group) does not have the standard of accommodation I am used to when staying in Mantra affiliated hotels.
Location of the hotel in the heart of Surfers Paradise is great, staff were helpful attending to our complaints and pool and spar were fantastic.

However, the furnishings of the 2 bedroom executive apartment we rented at $657.89 per two nights for 3 adults were very outdated, the bedding was clean but dust was found on side tables in bedrooms and in exhaust fans, the hot water system could not cope with a bath and a shower at the same time, the water pressure was weak and hot water ran out very quickly. We found a dirty plate with dry food scraps on it in the kitchen cupboard.This has been a very disappointing Mantra stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jana1011
Dear Jana 1011,

Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor, whilst it is certainly a disappointing review, we do appreciate constructive comments, so that we can continually and excel in our service and experience we provide.

I would greatly appreciate if I would be able to discuss your concerns raised in your review, by contacting myself, at a time convenient with you.

Whilst it would seem that Paradise Centre Apartments has not lived up to your expectations of other Mantra Group properties, I would certainly hope that you give me the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Reviewed September 14, 2013

i've stayed here twice and I always really enjoy my stay at paradise Centre Apartments, The Location is spot on! could not ask for a better location in surfers Paradise! All the nightlife, shopping, and beach at you're finger tips!

My only complaint is, that they have a 2 min night stay required during off peek and 3 night during peek! which to someone like my self who lives one hour away when i visit Surfers paradise its normally for one night only for an express holiday... I can think of at least 6 occasions that i wanted to stay here but i've chosen to stay else where because my stay wasn't long enough to qualify for a stay at paradise centre.

other then that i'd highly recommend this property

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank patullose
Dear, Patullose

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent return visit with us and happy to hear that you found the apartment, our location is spot on with everything at your fingertips

I also appreciate your comments especially about our min night stay policy. We have taken your comments on board. Even though we do maintain a min night stay policy, we are constantly reviewing our min night stay. Subjected to availability, where possible, we may have reduced the min night stay.

Please contact us directly to check our availability on your next visit to Surfers.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Really nice place for my partner and I to stay on our first holiday! Staff were really friendly over the phone and in person. When we arrived off the plane, I was in such a muddle, and the girl at the Administration counter was so patient, polite and understanding. They even looked after our luggage after check-out on the last day. The apartment was so clean and it was nice to come back to a cleaned apartment halfway through the trip! Amazing view of the beach & the city! We stayed in the Ballah building on the 28th floor in an executive suite. Pool area is by far THE BEST compared to other places that we could see below. It was really convenient that the apartments were on top of the Centro shopping centre. It was literally a trip in the elevator away! The apartment was very modern! I would 110% recommend this place! We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't think you won't get a good view of the beach if you get the Ballah building - It's...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear, Laurenrhmc

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

It was pleasing to read that you found our staff extremely friendly, patient, polite and understanding and that we were able to assist with your every requirement. It was also pleasing to read you found our apartments, are so clean and then there’s the amazing view from the apartment.
It was also pleasing to read our facilities are far the best, when compared to other nearby properties and you found our location provided easy access to Centro Shopping Centre.

I do concur the Executive apartments are very modern and are well worth the additional cost.

We do strive to provide the WOW factor during our guest stay and I’m glad to read we were able to provide you with the WOW that made your stay with us absolutely amazing.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future