“Outstanding”

Paradise Centre Apartments
“Outstanding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My paretner and I stayed in the Ballah hotel of Paradise Centre Apparentments and were wowed when we walked into our room. Before had we had read reviews and decided we would call and request a "high level" "renovated room" and we got that! Third highest floor from the top, amazing view over the city, and the beach. The room was extremely clean, smelt fresh and was really welcoming. Foxtel and direct phone calls to taxis and food delivery's. Where the actually hotel is located could not have been more perfect for us! As we are in our early twentys and did want to experience the night life. Being ontop of timezone was an added bonus, when the elevator stopped inside of there. So easy to quickly drop down to Woolworths or any kind of shopping. About a 5 minute walk (or less) to the main surfers paradise bus stop. We had a late flight and didnt get in until around 8, reception was open until 10. an had a late flight leaving, which was fine because after checking out they allow you to keep your cases in a room behind reception. It made our stay on the Gold Coast even better. Great service, and would love to thank all the staff there!

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Emilymedhurst
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear, Emilymedhurst

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay with us and happy to hear that you found our location, with easy access to everything you needed to make your holiday enjoyable.

I also appreciate your comments about our apartments and great amenities being the best.

I'm glad to read you found us friendly and valuable part in helping you in having wonderful everlasting memories not only of the Gold Coast, but the memory of visiting Surfers Paradise

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Fredrikstad, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Situated in the Ballah apartment complex, the loaction is perfect is you like a central stay in Surfers Paradise. Our 110 square meter apartment had a tumble drier, washing machine, two bathrooms, two bedrooms, a spacious living room and a lot of room for storage.
Outside we overlooked the great pool area, whick consisted of a small and a large pool + a jacuzzi. There was also a tennis court there. Great place to stay if you are tired of the beach.

There was a Woolwborths directly underneath and other shops as well. Outside the building you fing the main street with loads of shopping and restaurants. The beach is just a hundre meters walk away. Here you enter through the famous "Surfers Paradise" entrance.

The couch was a bit worn, and the same goes with the furniture. Beds were average.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Just had to talk to them when we checked in and out, as we had a pleasant stay. Can easily recommend Paradise Centre Apartments.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank martinspurs
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear, Martinspurs

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay with us and happy to hear that you found our location the best, with easy access to everything you needed to make your holiday enjoyable, especially our great amenities.

I also appreciate your comments on how you found the apartment and I would appreciate if you would be so kind to contact myself to discuss.

I was also pleased to read you found us friendly and valuable part in helping you to create everlasting wonderful memories, not only of the Gold Coast, but your memory of visiting the world famous Surfers Paradise Beach via the amazing Surfers Paradise Arch.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great place to stay. We had a low level apartment which suited our needs perfectly. We could even see the water even though it wasn't a beach view room. The pools were perfect for our little kids, the kids pool being 0.4m deep was deep enough for them to play in but not get into any trouble. The location was the best with easy access to everything including a supermarket. Only things I would change : 1. the couch in our apartment was terrible (one of the seats had broken springs) 2. The apartments aren't serviced except for stays over 8 days, they need to provide a few more towels and cleaning items for this length of stay, however when we asked for additional items they were provided very quickly. 3. The roll away bed was provided without sheets! However it was lovely and would definately chose to stay at this place again without any hestiation.

Room Tip: Sand from the beach gets everywhere. We had a room with a tiled floor which definately helped with...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Geraldine F
Dear, Geraldine F

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read your review of your recent stay with us, I am happy to hear that you found our location is the best with easy access to everything you needed to make your family holiday enjoyable, especially our great amenities and toddlers pool,

Once again, thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Looked at some reviews beforehand so hesitant about rooms but no fear as all was excellent.
We did request a lower floor as with two small children did not want to be up too high but don't think that registered as we where on 29th out of 30 floors! Otherwise could not fault, perfect for needs with a spare bed for our little one also without needing to be requested! Clean bedrooms and kitchen, pool perfect for 2 small kids and never overly full, always had choice of beds even as late as 9am! Close to all bars, restaurants and other amenities superb!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Chambo66
Dear, Chambo66

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read your review of your recent stay at Paradise Centre Apartments, I am happy to hear that you found our units to be spacious, clean with great amenities, especially the nearby shops and pool area,

It was also pleasing to read your family enjoyed their stay with us.

Thanks once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future

Gladstone, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

First off I would like to thank the helpful staff I delt with, Kate and Sharon. They helped us out in a timely and friendly matter with our needs. The outside areas of the resort is lovely the pools clean and the gardens beautiful. I told the gardener on day he was doing a great job. The location is also one of the best on the coast with Woolworths directly underneath with lots of other shops and too many fast food outlets and restuarants to name. There is a large Timezone centre and bowling alley under it also so plenty to do if it rains. (pick up gold coast brochure booklets from the information booths to get vouchers for lots of things like two for one etc).
Now for the bad our first room was 1204 in the Allunga building. The view was nice and the apartment large and spacious but very dated with large cracks in the wall and 1970's furniture with cracks and stains. The tvs are all updated thank goodness and there is foxtel in every room. The kitchen was old and was the appliances. The fridge had broken shelves and no microwave dishes only basic cutlery etc. The bathroom and ensuite were directly from the 70's with dark brown safety glass with the wire squares through it and the ensuite shower door was off tracks. Worst of all and the reason we requested another room after only 1/2h in it was when my daughter dropped her game down the side of the bed in the kids room I moved the bed out from the wall to get it and there was a lot of water damage to the carpet and black mould over it for about three meters. No wonder they had a spare bed covering it up. We moved to another two bedroom 1902 on 19th floor which was still dated (not like first room) but at least had been renovated in the eightys and was clean. Management should tell owners they will not rent out their rooms till it is up to a four star standard as I nearly cried when we went into the first room. I would stay again for the position and the amenities as long as I inspect the room first before we accept it.

Room Tip: Ask to see room first before you accept it and ask for a renovated one.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Regina B
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Regina,

I thank you for your time to tell us of your recent stay with us at the Paradise Centre Apartments, on the Gold Coast.
We always appreciate receiving constructive comments which help us to improve our standards as well as meet and exceed guest expectations.

We’ve noted your comments regarding the apartment condition as well as your comments towards your helpful experience with our reception staff especially Kate & Sharon.

We are currently in discussions with owners regarding refurbishment of their units with about 50% of owners having already completed a full refurbishment, this is an ongoing process.

Upon saying this we have passed on your comments to the owner of the apartment mentioned and as a result the owner is in discussions with us to completely renovating their apartment.

We do thank you for taking time for your feedback as well as advising us of your concerns. We do take all of your comments on board and value your feedback as an integral part of our continuing aim to maximise services of our guest.

Whilst it would seem that Paradise Centre Apartments has not lived up to your expectations. I would certainly hope that you give me the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Kind Regards

Steve

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

It was a superbly perfect stay with my friends in Gold Coast. The location is right in the center attraction of the Surfers Paradise beach, 10 mins walk to Skypoint. The apartment that we stayed was really clean with complete facilities. The apartment has 2 swimming pools with jacuzzi, tennis courts, gym and bbq area. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank ct_yat
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear, CT_Yat

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay at Paradise Centre Apartment. I am pleased to hear that you found Paradise Centre Apartment is perfectly located to Surfers Paradise attractions. Our apartments and facilities have met your every requirement, especially the 2 swimming pool, jacuzzi, tennis courts, gym and BBQ area,

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Paradise Centre Apartments in the not too distant future

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 5 nights during our recent Gold Coast holidays and picked it mainly for location. We were initially assigned to the 1-bed room apartment 2303 at complex A. The room was, however, completely run down, smelt musty and had stains on the carpet and couches everywhere. Overall, a totally not acceptable condition to live in and I strongly recommend the management to renovate this property completely. After long discussion with the receptionist we were eventually relocated to apartment 2803 at complex B which was much nicer and completely renovated. The location of the apartment is excellent with nice sea views but the pictures from the website are very misleading as they just do not represent the actual standards of the apartments. We were told that the pictures from the website are of an average of the apartments, e.g. it can be a lot worse as we experienced ourselves. Another problem with the apartments is that they expect you to do some cleaning at the end of your stay, e.g. taking down the rubbish, cleaning the dishes, etc. which is absolutely not acceptable at a 4* serviced apartment. On the upside, the staff (especially Shaun) was quite helpful and you can book some Gold Coast attractions through them.

Overall, if you get the right room it can be a nice experience. If you, however, get one of the unrenovated rooms then you can expect 70s style motel-character homes. The problem is you don't know before arrival and can't do anything about it as the rooms are fully prepaid and not refundable!!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Rickgrimes1
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Rickgrimes1

We’ve noted your comments regarding the apartment condition as well as your comments towards your helpful experience with our reception staff especially Shaun.
Kind Regards