“Spcious apartment, great location and value for money.”

Paradise Centre Apartments
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Situated in the Ballah apartment complex, the loaction is perfect is you like a central stay in Surfers Paradise. Our 110 square meter apartment had a tumble drier, washing machine, two bathrooms, two bedrooms, a spacious living room and a lot of room for storage.
Outside we overlooked the great pool area, whick consisted of a small and a large pool + a jacuzzi. There was also a tennis court there. Great place to stay if you are tired of the beach.

There was a Woolwborths directly underneath and other shops as well. Outside the building you fing the main street with loads of shopping and restaurants. The beach is just a hundre meters walk away. Here you enter through the famous "Surfers Paradise" entrance.

The couch was a bit worn, and the same goes with the furniture. Beds were average.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Just had to talk to them when we checked in and out, as we had a pleasant stay. Can easily recommend Paradise Centre Apartments.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank martinspurs
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear, Martinspurs

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay with us and happy to hear that you found our location the best, with easy access to everything you needed to make your holiday enjoyable, especially our great amenities.

I also appreciate your comments on how you found the apartment and I would appreciate if you would be so kind to contact myself to discuss.

I was also pleased to read you found us friendly and valuable part in helping you to create everlasting wonderful memories, not only of the Gold Coast, but your memory of visiting the world famous Surfers Paradise Beach via the amazing Surfers Paradise Arch.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future

There are newer reviews for Paradise Centre Apartments

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great place to stay. We had a low level apartment which suited our needs perfectly. We could even see the water even though it wasn't a beach view room. The pools were perfect for our little kids, the kids pool being 0.4m deep was deep enough for them to play in but not get into any trouble. The location was the best with easy access to everything including a supermarket. Only things I would change : 1. the couch in our apartment was terrible (one of the seats had broken springs) 2. The apartments aren't serviced except for stays over 8 days, they need to provide a few more towels and cleaning items for this length of stay, however when we asked for additional items they were provided very quickly. 3. The roll away bed was provided without sheets! However it was lovely and would definately chose to stay at this place again without any hestiation.

Room Tip: Sand from the beach gets everywhere. We had a room with a tiled floor which definately helped with...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Geraldine F

Dear, Geraldine F

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read your review of your recent stay with us, I am happy to hear that you found our location is the best with easy access to everything you needed to make your family holiday enjoyable, especially our great amenities and toddlers pool,

Once again, thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Looked at some reviews beforehand so hesitant about rooms but no fear as all was excellent.
We did request a lower floor as with two small children did not want to be up too high but don't think that registered as we where on 29th out of 30 floors! Otherwise could not fault, perfect for needs with a spare bed for our little one also without needing to be requested! Clean bedrooms and kitchen, pool perfect for 2 small kids and never overly full, always had choice of beds even as late as 9am! Close to all bars, restaurants and other amenities superb!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Chambo66

Dear, Chambo66

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read your review of your recent stay at Paradise Centre Apartments, I am happy to hear that you found our units to be spacious, clean with great amenities, especially the nearby shops and pool area,

It was also pleasing to read your family enjoyed their stay with us.

Thanks once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future

Reviewed April 13, 2013

First off I would like to thank the helpful staff I delt with, Kate and Sharon. They helped us out in a timely and friendly matter with our needs. The outside areas of the resort is lovely the pools clean and the gardens beautiful. I told the gardener on day he was doing a great job. The location is also one of the best on the coast with Woolworths directly underneath with lots of other shops and too many fast food outlets and restuarants to name. There is a large Timezone centre and bowling alley under it also so plenty to do if it rains. (pick up gold coast brochure booklets from the information booths to get vouchers for lots of things like two for one etc).
Now for the bad our first room was 1204 in the Allunga building. The view was nice and the apartment large and spacious but very dated with large cracks in the wall and 1970's furniture with cracks and stains. The tvs are all updated thank goodness and there is foxtel in every room. The kitchen was old and was the appliances. The fridge had broken shelves and no microwave dishes only basic cutlery etc. The bathroom and ensuite were directly from the 70's with dark brown safety glass with the wire squares through it and the ensuite shower door was off tracks. Worst of all and the reason we requested another room after only 1/2h in it was when my daughter dropped her game down the side of the bed in the kids room I moved the bed out from the wall to get it and there was a lot of water damage to the carpet and black mould over it for about three meters. No wonder they had a spare bed covering it up. We moved to another two bedroom 1902 on 19th floor which was still dated (not like first room) but at least had been renovated in the eightys and was clean. Management should tell owners they will not rent out their rooms till it is up to a four star standard as I nearly cried when we went into the first room. I would stay again for the position and the amenities as long as I inspect the room first before we accept it.

Room Tip: Ask to see room first before you accept it and ask for a renovated one.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Regina B
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Regina,

I thank you for your time to tell us of your recent stay with us at the Paradise Centre Apartments, on the Gold Coast.
We always appreciate receiving constructive comments which help us to improve our standards as well as meet and exceed guest expectations.

We’ve noted your comments regarding the apartment condition as well as your comments towards your helpful experience with our reception staff especially Kate & Sharon.

We are currently in discussions with owners regarding refurbishment of their units with about 50% of owners having already completed a full refurbishment, this is an ongoing process.

Upon saying this we have passed on your comments to the owner of the apartment mentioned and as a result the owner is in discussions with us to completely renovating their apartment.

We do thank you for taking time for your feedback as well as advising us of your concerns. We do take all of your comments on board and value your feedback as an integral part of our continuing aim to maximise services of our guest.

Whilst it would seem that Paradise Centre Apartments has not lived up to your expectations. I would certainly hope that you give me the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Kind Regards

Steve

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

It was a superbly perfect stay with my friends in Gold Coast. The location is right in the center attraction of the Surfers Paradise beach, 10 mins walk to Skypoint. The apartment that we stayed was really clean with complete facilities. The apartment has 2 swimming pools with jacuzzi, tennis courts, gym and bbq area. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ct_yat
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear, CT_Yat

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay at Paradise Centre Apartment. I am pleased to hear that you found Paradise Centre Apartment is perfectly located to Surfers Paradise attractions. Our apartments and facilities have met your every requirement, especially the 2 swimming pool, jacuzzi, tennis courts, gym and BBQ area,

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Paradise Centre Apartments in the not too distant future

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 5 nights during our recent Gold Coast holidays and picked it mainly for location. We were initially assigned to the 1-bed room apartment 2303 at complex A. The room was, however, completely run down, smelt musty and had stains on the carpet and couches everywhere. Overall, a totally not acceptable condition to live in and I strongly recommend the management to renovate this property completely. After long discussion with the receptionist we were eventually relocated to apartment 2803 at complex B which was much nicer and completely renovated. The location of the apartment is excellent with nice sea views but the pictures from the website are very misleading as they just do not represent the actual standards of the apartments. We were told that the pictures from the website are of an average of the apartments, e.g. it can be a lot worse as we experienced ourselves. Another problem with the apartments is that they expect you to do some cleaning at the end of your stay, e.g. taking down the rubbish, cleaning the dishes, etc. which is absolutely not acceptable at a 4* serviced apartment. On the upside, the staff (especially Shaun) was quite helpful and you can book some Gold Coast attractions through them.

Overall, if you get the right room it can be a nice experience. If you, however, get one of the unrenovated rooms then you can expect 70s style motel-character homes. The problem is you don't know before arrival and can't do anything about it as the rooms are fully prepaid and not refundable!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Rickgrimes1
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Rickgrimes1

We’ve noted your comments regarding the apartment condition as well as your comments towards your helpful experience with our reception staff especially Shaun.
Kind Regards

Reviewed March 10, 2013

In February, 2013, my wife and I visited Australia. We made three stops: Melbourne, Surfers Paradise and Sydney over 23 days.

We loved our stay at Surfers Paradise where we were fortunate enough to have "Down Under Answers" book us a stay at Paradise Centre Apartments, which high-rise complex is basically right next to the beach. Our ninth floor balcony overlooked the surging ocean and it was awesome.

We loved the apartment, which was roomy and fully furnished. Because it had so many modern amenities, we always had clean dishes and clean clothes, all done in the privacy of our "home" and while we were able to do other things, almost as though we never left home. We also had excellent security in that the card (key) to enter the room also had to be used to enter the building at all. You also had to use it to make the elevator operate. We always felt completely safe.

The facility also had a nice pool and accompanying hot tub, which we used. The warm waters of the hot tub helped to loosen up the muscles.

The roomy apartment had a modern shower, a wonderful bed with a comfortable king size bed, and the television was excellent. From there, we could easily descend the elevator and be onto Cavill Avenue (the main street of Surfers Paradise) in a minute or so. And there was even a post office on the main floor under the apartment building, on the east side.

From the ground, we could go into the shopping mall within the building or go onto the street to eat at the meany eateries that were within a few feet. For a resort area, the cost of eating out was reasonable. And, if you wished, it was easy to find a supermarket, buy food, and cook your own meal. In fact, the supermarkets were both an easy and short walk from the apartment. One was inside the building itself (lower level) and the other about two to three easy and short blocks away.

The famous Surfers Paradise beach was within something like 100 feet of the hotel, which was nice. And the famous "Gold Coast Meter Maids" even came by on Cavill Street during the day and part of the evening. We stopped them twice to talk and really enjoyed them. We also paid for two calendars, having them autographed. We brought one home for us and one for a friend. The girls were very nice and we enjoyed talking with them. We also had our pictures taken with them. They made us right at home on the Gold Coast. What a brilliant concept. Great ambassadors.

The shopping, which is world class, was all within a few feet of this apartment building. So we shopped and we shopped and yes shopped some more. We got all of the souvenirs we could want.

I would call our stay in Surfers Paradise to be a 10 out of 10. Excellent and well done folks of Surfers Paradise. We plan to come back and to stay at this apartment complex agan.

Room Tip: Choose a room at Allung and get one that faces the sea. It is well worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boelcke1916
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear, Boelcke1916

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay in our resort, I am happy to hear that you found our apartments to be safe, secure, spacious, with great amenities, especially the pool and spa area as well as being perfectly located for shopping.