My partner, his parents (who were over from England) and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights - Middle of Dec 2012. It was the worst experience I've had with any hotel. Good things - pool area, location and views. However the apartment itself was horrible.
First we were checked into a 2 bedroom apartment that was really worn out, it smelt musty (which we later found out was due to a large wet patch in the carpet in the lounge) and then the worst part was finding what I thought was blood splatters in the ensuite bedroom and just the general cleaning with thick dust, mould on all the windows/doors. I called reception and asked for a room change and was told there was only one other room that probably wasn't any better, however we did change. It was slightly cleaner, however massive stains on the carpet and extremely worn out. Receptionist when we were changing rooms came to look at the room and said that the blood was just make up (still should not have been left in the room after cleaning). Then said we should have asked for a renovated room, because all the other rooms are worn (Renovated rooms are alot nicer for the same price, but apparently you have to ask for them!) which my reply was I didn't know we had to, as it was my first time staying there. She then replied that your not always guaranteed it anyway and that it was the apartments biggest downfall.
I would not recommend this apartment and will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Surfers Paradise, just 20 metres from the beach, Paradise Centre Apartments provides the perfect location to enjoy all the fast-paced action and attractions of Queensland's Gold Coast. Accommodation is offered in two 30-storey towers overlooking Surfers Paradise Beach, conveniently located above the Paradise Centre. The spacious, self-contained One, Two and Three-Bedroom Apartments all offer stunning ocean views, fully-equipped kitchens, laundry facilities, cable TV and large balconies. Extensive leisure facilities include two swimming pools, children's wading pools, a sundeck and lawn, spas, sauna, gymnasium, tennis courts and a golf putting green. There's also direct lift access to the below Paradise Centre with 110 speciality shops, restaurants and entertainment for the kids at Time Zone. The apartments offer so much for families and couples seeking a more relaxed itinerary, take in the panoramic views and cool sea breezes off the stunning Pacific Ocean from your own private balcony. Offering convenience and comfort at an affordable price, Paradise Centre Apartments is ideal for couples, families and small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Centre Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Centre Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Paradise Center Hotel
- Paradise Centre Apartments Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise