“Everything the pictures showed - Highly recommended!!!!!”

Paradise Centre Apartments
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This visit we decided to stay right in the middle of Surfers Paradise just to experience it. The Paradise Centre Apartments are the place to stay if you want convenience to shops, supermarkets, entertainment, restaurants, takeaways, beach and much more. These apartments are right above the Centro shopping mall on Cavill Ave and walk straight out onto Cavill. The pools were fantastic and you can look over the beach from the pool area. BBQ's, gym, tennis court. The two bedroom apartment was very comfortable and really spacious - fully airconditioned and had a balcony looking over the pools, beach and Cavill Ave. Staff were friendly but kept out your way unless you needed them. We will definitely be going back here - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank FANTASTICTauranga
gavin_wishnowski, General Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the property. The location is a big asset of the property, and there for the enjoyment of all guests. I am glad you also enjoyed the spacious apartment and facilities offered at the property.

There are newer reviews for Paradise Centre Apartments

Reviewed March 10, 2011

ok first of the we stayed for more than 7 nights and overall it was ok.
the kitchen was fine, the lounge and dinning are were very nice the best of the apartment.
the bathroom had stains on the roof, the floor needs to be re-done that also goes with the laundry which is right next to the bathroom.

ur room will only get serviced if your staying there for more than 8nights...

thhe bedroom- well the bed was very uncomfortably, the pillows were flat as anything with stains on the floor. you will need to go out and buy ur own laundry products.
the veiw and the location however are absolutly AMAZING, walked out onto the balcony and looked straight out to the beach and looked down upon cavill ave.

the night life is amazing however you can hear most things that go on at night but u can sleep easy.

the front office we're polite and happy to help out with anything that we needed thumbs up to them there.

the centro surfers paradise is located underneath the hotel which was a bonus as well as the bus tranfers from the apartments to the theme parks and aiport, plus and even bigger bonus was the beach... only a 4min walk from the apartment and you there, as well as the wed and fri markets about a 10min walk...

overall i suggest that the hotel renovates the apartments they need to be improved.
our stay was satisfying and nice...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback our property. There is some great positive comments in your review, Constantly, we are working on upgrading the rooms to present as well as the excellent facilities in the property. We am happy to here the team booked your transfers and tours and provided the customer service expected at the property. The view and location is amazing, to use your words and once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed February 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed in this Hotel over Xmas period 2010, on short notice and thus obviously paid a premium. After 11 hour drive and being promised 4 star luxury to my surprise when we finally got into the room, (the key didnt work, first warning), I thought I was back in the 60's (and that appeared to be the last time it was cleaned). We asked for a King with a Queen if not possible, and were given a bed a chiuahua would have fallen out of. The pillows were about 20mm thick and the carpet was long, dirty and made me nasally for the whole time. I didnt get one good night sleep. Dont try the alternative and sleep on the lounge, the lounges were like something left out on the kerb on council clean ups, with hard steel bars.

The Hotel position is fantastic, and you need it because the first thing you need to do is go to the local woolworths to get 100 bucks of cleaning products before you can attempt to live in this place. We intended to cook xmas dinner in the unit and it took hours of cleaning before we were game to eat there. Like others we told to keep the A/C on to avoid moisture buildup and the allocated 1 roll of toilet paper every 5 days was akin to being in prison. Yes they have Foxtel, but the most basic of packages, not even TV1. Due to the inclement weather we were forced to spend more time then planned indoors and it was just not pleasant. Like many others have said, dont complain, you are wasting your time. We were allocated a parking space and a car took over it for our whole stay, but we were told to find somewhere else. When my wife complained on leaving the supposed General Manager was introduced to her and he said "We always give the substandard rooms in busy periods and the rooms lack what you were sold and cant do anything about it." The service and the fittings was like booking into a motel that charges hourly rates. Its a pity the positioning is great and credit where its due the pool is fantastic. Kick out management and update the rooms with modern, comfortable and ultimately clean furnishings and you would have a first class establishment. It has potential. If it had been good weather we would have slept on the beach instead, would have been more comfortable. While this review may seem at times humourous believe me it was dissappointing. Wth the Aussie dollar where it is, and QLD trying to get travellors to stay local, serving up expensive crap like this wont do your industry any favours. Lvl 18, Allunga building Dec 2010.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mick5555
gavin_wishnowski, General Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our property. I am disappointed your expectations were not met. You are correct it is a busy time of the year, however, never should there be a compromise on standards. I have addressed issues regarding cleanliness, with our contracted cleaners, and the resort is always endeavouring to upgrade furniture. As the new General Manager of Paradise Centre Apartments I welcome the constructive feedback and apologise for any disappointment you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed January 25, 2011

2 room changes and 3 rooms viewed - all dumps. Thanks at least to the staff who gave us a another poor choice.

Unless you're a teenager who knows no better, forget this place. Had moved to two different rooms and none looked like the brochure. Dated, damaged, smelly and early 80s decor. These rooms are owned I'm guessing by different owners...they decor was typical out of date and looks very old fashion jewish.

I would have to say as a well traveled person I have never paid $400 bucks a night (high season) for a dump, even in Thailand the rooms were cleaner.

Don't take your shoes off unless you want to stick to the floor.

Too much construction going on.

Imagine what our guest from overseas think when they first visit Australia and they stay here. Where are the standards?

Not all negative these apartments are perfect for teenagers and school leavers.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cwahlberg

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our property, I have taken your feedback on board. I am sorry the resort didnt meet your satisfaction and measures are undertaken to further upgrade the rooms.

Reviewed January 11, 2011

Wow...where do I start?!

My husband, my 2year old and my pregnant self just got home from stating at Paradise Centre.

We were to stay another 2 nights (5 nights altogether)....and there is absolutely no way in this world I would stay those other 2 nights...not if someone was to give me a million dollars.

Here are the issuses we had:

- Walked into front door, hubby slips on the tiles. We look down and see a huge puddle of water. Ok..perhaps housecleaning just finished mopping??

- walk into room to find a disgusting sewerage smell coming from laundry drain.

- bathroom has long brown hairs all over the floor and wall tiles.

- walk into kitchen to find more water on tiles, I slip..and frightened I may fall and harm my unborn child, I go down to reception to ask to be moved...

- I was advised that my air-conditioner needs to be turned on due to a problem with the entire building. If my a/c is off, moisture builds on the tiles and makes them all wet.

- housekeeping comes up and wipes down my tiles, then places a bath mat (mini towel) over the drain in laundry and tells me to keep it there so smell stays away.

- maintenance man comes up and tells me to keep a/c on...geez thanks for that! Pffft...

- keeping a/c did NOT stop the moisture building on tiles. My husband, my son and I all slipped at one stage or another...

- I complained down at reception and over the phone about 5 times in 2 days and NOONE seemed to care about the fact that I am 6 months pregnant and if I fell, huge damage could be caused!! They were very monotone...one lady at reception asked if I was the one whose husband called earlier about this ....I told her no, so obviously others had complained about it..

- they finally showed me another room - same problem!!!!! I just told them to forget it.

- walked in thongs inside the entire time

- couldn't cook in kitchen or let my son walk into kitchen (due to slipping)

- had to buy cleaning agents PLUS a mop!!! As the room mop was filthy black and had hair all over it!

- bedroom sliding door wouldn't lock

- bed was 2 single beds pushed together

- when asked how my stay was and I said "really bad", the reception man did not show any emotion or try to make me feel better (even seeing that we were checking out 2 nights earlier!

- this is all I can think of right now...but I don't think more is needed. Apart from the fact that we FROZE due to having to have a/c on(which did not help the water situation anyway!!!) we we absolutely appauled by the service of the staff. DISGUSTING!

We do NOT recommend this place to anyone. They don't tell you this, but you need to be super lucky not to get a room with the a/c water build up problem. They told me "it's an old building and we are aware of the problem, no other hotel here has the same problem-sorry but you are one of the unlucky ones"

How terrible is that?!? Who would say that?!

Please donor stay here. Go to surfers paradise and stay anywhere but here. Broadbeach is even better. We go to gold coast every single year, but after this experience, there is absolutely NO way we are going again, not after this. Sooo very turned off!

The pool and location was amazing...everything else - zero.

Thank you for reading....I just want to get the word put and ensure that people actually ENJOY their holiday :)

- Very unsatisfied customer.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank Blagz

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our property. Your feedback is appreciated as we strive to meet customer satisfaction at every level.
Thank you also for mentioning the amazing pool and location. Paradise Centre Apartments is right in the heart of Surfers Paradise and the pool areas have recently been refurbished with constant positive feedback. I am sorry the room didnt meet with expectation and any maintenance issues will be addressed
Regards

Reviewed November 17, 2010

This is the second time I have stayed here and after trying a few other places this is virtually top of the list (equal first with breakfree longbeach).

First of all your virtually right on Cavill avenue, the main drag of Surfers Paradise, with even an entry into the mall/ gamezone downstairs with access to Cavill. Secondly you are virtually guaranteed a view of the ocean from every room as well as the surfers high rise skyline.

As far as the rooms go they are large spacious units with a full size loungeroom, kitchen, laundry and bathroom, no little pokey hotel room to be found here! Also a lovely balcony to sit out on. The room I had was fitted with a large plasma tv with foxtel and normal tv, first time ive seen a large plasma screen in somewhere I have stayed.

A real selling point to me is the pools and spas, their are two buildings and thus two pools and two spas you can have access to, and very importantly the water temperature is a nice warm temperature you can get in if the surf is a bit cool for you and the spas kept nice and warm too. Compare this to the more expensive Chevron I have stayed in where the lagoon pool was like ice and their so called heated pool was also too cold. The pools also have a nice view of the ocean so you feel like you could also be at the beach which is also lovely.

The only negative, which is not the fault of the hotel is that because it is situated overlooking Cavill avenue you can get some noise from nightclubs below and the occoassional drunks or youths making a bit of noise which can make getting to sleep a little hard but if you close the windows its not too bad, and not as bad on weekdays as weekends.

Overall I would recommend these apartments for most travellers, especially if you want large cosy rooms, great view, nice large warm pools, spas, gym, bbq area and to be right in the heart of town, its very hard to beat really. But I better not recommend it too much it may be booked out next time I go to book lol.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I had already booked and paid for our room before I read the reviews here for Paradise Centre. I panicked that I had just spend $500 on a dump, so emailed and then later rang the booking phone number to clarify that we would have a nice room, a water view and that our room would resemble the one featured on the website.

I got some reassurance from the staff that responded, but when I arrived at unit 1408 of Ballah tower I was pleasantly surprised and very relieved.

Our water view was fantastic. The furniture was somewhat outdated but clean and comfortable. We had a big screen LCD TV and Foxtel in the living room, toiletries in the bathroom, and a welcome pack of detergents, coffee/tea/sugar etc. in the kitchen.

The unit wasn't spotless, but apart from some marks on the walls and old marks on the bathroom grouting and silicon we were satisfied with the cleanliness. The rooms were spacious, had plenty of storage and cupboard space and room to move around. On the ground floor of the complex was an entry into the Centro shopping centre so we had instant access to a supermarket, Cavill Ave mall and restaurants.

The pool and spa that we used (there are 2 of each, one set for each tower) were great, We didn't use the BBQs, but the gym was used...it was very well equipped, the best resort gym I've ever seen.

We had to deal with the reception staff to book in, to swap over a broken kettle, to order a taxi and to return after checkout to get our car out of the car park. On one occasion the staff member was matter-of-fact, the other times they were very friendly, helpful and accommodating.

As the Paradise Centre is so close to the mall, it is also very close to many nightclubs and bars. Most of the first night we were kept away with yahooing and yelling as patrons left the clubs. The next night we slept better but still encountered some noise from the street level. I would recommend ear plugs or sleeping tablets if you are a light sleeper.

All in all we were very pleased with the standard, location and customer service at Paradise Centre and we are contemplation making our stay there a regular yearly trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends