“Don't stay at Coolomon Apartments!!”

Coolamon Holiday Apartments
Coolamon Holiday Apartments
Reviewed December 7, 2008

My Partner and I stayed there about a month ago, and it was definately the worst part of our holiday. It is managed by one lady 24/7, and she is not pleasant. She is supposed to be helpful and friendly but the reception area is closed for a large part of the day, and there is no where for guests to book or ask any questions, and she keeps a note on her door saying 'Do not knock on this door unless you have a death wish'. What kind of a helpful person would say that? I often saw people waiting in the very small reception area waiting to check in, as she had still not opened the reception at 12pm. When I had a few important questions about times of travel to the airport, she was very abrupt and rude to me and my partner, and she genuinely treated us as if were inconveniencing her, and I saw her do the same to other guests.

The apartments have potential to be nice if they were cleaned properly. The tiles on the floor of our shower had dark mould/soapscum buildup, and I also had to remove a large clump of hair from the shower drain from the last tenant, and this disgusted me.

The pool is also a disapointment, as it was constantly dirty, and i did not see one person use it in the 8 days I was there. For 8 days straight she kept the creepy crawler thing that is used to clean the bottom of the pool, in the pool. This took up lots of space and i don't think she even had it switched on, as it appeared to not move around the pool in 8 days we were there.

Another thing that is not mentioned is that you have to pay per day for your airconditioning. To have the right to operate the airconditioner you have to pay $10.00 per day. This would equal out to alot of extra expense for anyone staying for a longer period of time, and it would be imposssible to live without in the hotter parts of the year.

One night we returned to our room at approx 12.30pm, and the water had been turned off. We could not have a drink of water, or a shower, or even flush the toilet. When I called the reception from the inhouse phone, there was no answer, I then called the number from my mobile she answered. I told her the problem, and she said she could do nothing about it that night, and was very rude about it. The next day when I was passing the reception area, I wasd talking to her about the problem the previous night with the water, and she made some very rude remarks about waking her up in the middle of the night with my phone call about having no water, and also rudely asked why we would still be awake at that time, and why we wanted water at midnight.

Overall, I would not recommend this place to anyone, as it really did almost ruin my much-needed holiday. The one and only staff member is very unpleasant, rude, and intimidating.
I hope this helps when determining where you stay on the Gold Coast.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Hannah-Lee88