“Relaxing by the sea”

The Breakers
Melbourne, Australia
“Relaxing by the sea”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Breakers is a conveniently located high quality accomodation block. The sun breaks through into the lounge in the morning and you know that another great day is at store. You look out from the balcony and you can see how the ocean looks and you can immediately decide if you will just walk along the beach or go for a swim and if you can't make up your mind, that is fine just sit on the balcony and enjoy your breakfast that you are able to make because the kitchen is very well equipped.

We have stayed at breakers many times and the thing that keeps drawing us back is that the accomodation is very comfortable, the rooms are clean and well equipped and you can stay in and cook in the apartment if you wish however the convenient location means that you can just as easily go out to the many reaturants near by and if you don't feel like walking the bus is at the door step. The beach is right at the door and if you don't want the ocean the pool is warm and clean.

I really can not think of anything else that I need whenever I stay at breakers as everything is there to help you start your holiday on the right foot.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Louis A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We had the almost top floor apartment with probably the best view of the sea out of the patio doors and balcony. The reception ladies were lovely and very helpful. Only downside was the apartment was a little bit tatty and dated (especially the kitchen), the phone in the room didnt work either.

But overall we had a lovely time - cant beat the Breakers for the location.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank traveller2010103
Wellington
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Couldnt fault the breakers - all that we needed ; I guess only minor drawback it is ten minute walk either way to Surfers or Broadbeach shops - but buses very handy. Dined once at nearby revolving retaurant, my 8 yr old loved that - smorgasboard quite reasonable. Theme parks all good, Dreamland probably best value for money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ThaiPrivateEye
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Stayed in apartment with the ocean view, very spacious, full kitchen, and to our surprise there's a separte tap for drinking water!TV with Foxtel,laundry.
Best part was sitting in the balcony, enjoyed the ocean and heated pool. My son had a blast,. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mouli_10
Landstuhl, Germany
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Just spent 10 days at the Breakers and were very happy with our choice. The apartment was large and roomy with 2 balconies and great views of the beach. They had just finished installing new carpet and I've got no complaints about the room conditions whatsoever. Granted the furnishings and some decor was older, but the place was functional and airy. For all of the self-catering apartments I looked at The Breakers was the best value I found. The location was good for us, between Surfers and Broadbeach, so we got none of the noise or crowds from the busier sections. That means that you have about a 10 minute walk to get downtown to either place for restaurants and entertainment. Pool was excellent and the patrolled beach is just minutes away. We made use of the BBQ facilities which were clean and all in good working order. The reception was helpful with booking reduced tickets for area attractions and helped us out of a big bind when the volcano prevented our return to Europe. I would definitely stay here again, if I were to return to the Gold Coast.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank dedredneck
Brisbane
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Absolutley fantastic location. Beach access right there, no roads to cross, handy to restaurants and shops.
Some sites had this property as a 4 star which I wouldn't agree with. The decor was a little dated - 70's bathrooms, kitchen was pretty good, furniture dated and not that comfortable. Very spacious 2 bed unit though (unit 22).
I don't like that they charge extra for air conditioning ($10 per day). We booked through Quickbeds and it said air con was included so I was not happy when they charged me extra. I called Quickbeds and got it sorted though, and the Breakers staff were pleasant enough with regards to it all.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank bugtogs
Brisbane
Reviewed February 12, 2010

Although my experience with The Breaker's started off poorly; they refused me a refund for one of the rooms I booked, over a week before it was due, on arriving I found the rooms neatly presented and well looked after. However, if you are a stranger to the Coast, I would recommend Breaker's North next door, or any of the other self catering apartment's for a number of reasons. The first point, probably most important, the price. Although the price I stayed at ($50 a night) wasn't too expensive, compared to could've been had for $40 a night at Breakers North next door, or Victoria Squares down the road for $30 a night (my only other points of reference in the locality), the offering is very weak. The apartment didn't have a garbage chute, heated pool, tennis court or nice customer service, all which meant we had to drag all of our garbage down through the elavator, all the way through the carpark, and heave it into a giant can of smelly, that the tennis rackets we brought were for nothing, we spent a portion of the trip freezing in the pool, and the bad customer service meant we started off our trip irritated. What happened was, when I phoned ahead to find out about what exactly was inside our apartments, re: TV's, stereos, DVD players, the receptionist I was on the phone with could only tell me that it varied from room to room, and when I asked about the stereo system told me that I would have to keep it down (not an unreasonable request, just didn't answer my question) and then moved into the territory of inquiring about the ages of my compatriots. She then informed that it was "illegal" for people under 21 to book a hotel room and proceeded to tell me that our rooms (on separate floors) were in fact just above the manager's room, and we would be "checked up on" if we did anything out of line. I am not quite sure what she was expecting, but she apparently changed her mind about us, and noted that we were in her "good books" when we checked out.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
QT Gold Coast
QT Gold Coast
#4 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,607 reviews

Been to The Breakers? Share your experiences!