“Great place to stay.”

The Breakers
Sanur
“Great place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed 5 nights over Easter. Perfect break.Situation is great,quiet but close to everything with many restaurants nearbye. Lyn is lovely and very helpful. Apartments very comfortable with great views,beach on your doorstep.Would definately stay here again and recommend to all couples or families.

Room Tip: Definately choose a room with sea views even the 1st floor great. The Cabanas are also fantastic, ri...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Really happy you did enjoy your stay with us and thanks for taking the time to review us and also recommending us to your family and friends. Look forward to seeing you again....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

A lovely apartment, overlooking the beach. I though we were booked into a hotel in Surfers from the address, but it's a good 10 minute power walk to the centre of Surfers.

The apartment itself was fine, but for a 'superior' room, it was dated. I think that only 3/4 of a roll of toilet roll is not really appropriate for 3 days stay... and with no reception over Easter, not ideal.

Would I recommend to come again, probably not, location wasn't ideal, but if you are looking for a holiday overlooking the sea, then you can't get much closer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BorisBrisbane
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Agreed the view of the beach is second to none as we are right on it!! Any closer and you would be in the ocean. Certainly our address is Surfers Paradise, however, we do find our guests love the fact that we are close enough to the centre of Surfers yet far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet.
I am unsure of the actual apartment you stayed in so my only comment would be that everyone does have individual tastes and ideas as do the owners, as all apartments are individually owned and furnished to their liking. I cannot comment on the amount of toilet paper as the norm is for a new roll to be put in for each arrival and then you would need to replenish this when it is finished.
I am confused at your comment re no reception over Easter as I was actually working over Easter myself and was in the office every day.
Hughesdale, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We are just home from having spent five nights at the Breakers, and we can't wait to go back again! I honestly cannot understand how anyone can review this place poorly, as everything we experienced - from customer service, cleanliness, value for money - was outstanding.
We booked a 2 bedroom superior apartment online in advance, so got a great deal by booking and paying in advance. Check in was a breeze, and Lyn at reception was so helpful, explaining where everything in the area was, and even giving our two boys a lollipop each :-)
When we entered our apartment on level 10, we were blown away. The views were amazing! From every bedroom and living space, there was a gorgeous view of the beach and ocean. And the apartment was lovely - well cared for, modern and spotless. Full laundry, kitchen, air-con, comfy beds and couches. A home away from home.
The Breakers is situated half way between Surfers and Broadbeach, and is an easy 20 minutes walk along the beach to either destination. It's also right on the beach with its own secure entry. The pool overlooks the beach (perfectly clean and moderately heated), and there are beachfront barbecues and seating if you want to cook outside.
All in all, I cannot recommend this place highly enough. And I will be booking again soon!

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank AusScotTravels
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience here at The Breakers at such great length. Really happy that you did enjoy your apartment - it is certainly very rewarding to get the great feedback that you have given. I am sure you are aware that all the apartments are individually owned and the apartment you were in is the pride and joy of its owners and as much as they love to enjoy it themselves, they also love our guests to experience that very same feeling - as you say - "a home away from home".

Look forward to your return........ soon!
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

The Breakers is in a great spot right on the beach and the pool provided another option for when the beach was closed due to poor weather. Good value for money given the location. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Meg M
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience in our wonderful location and thanks for taking the time to place your review. Look forward to seeing you another time.
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I sometimes really wonder how places like this even get rating, leave alone good ones. Till date I used to be a very loyal contributor of this site, but strangely over the years hotel properties have learnt to navigate the system. Now I know how… If you see the good rating to this hotel is by people who have contributed only one or two reviews which totally mean that these people have not travelled hence oblivious of what to expect or the hotel owners are creating dubious accounts to bring up their ratings. It’s really sad that a once good site like this is being misused. I am not sure if I will come back soon unless something is done to maintain quality. And I know lots of my friends who are also frequent travelers are already off the site.
About this property… It’s an apartment… not even a serviced apartment, its like renting a basic apartment and paying hotel rates for it. When I go on holidays… and from my profile you will see… we travel a lot… I am going to a place spending loads of money to experience the place not to cook clean and vaccum and also pay what I would otherwise to get these things taken care of. Thanks … I rather stay at home then. In reviews I read they don’t service regularly but the fact they don’t service at all your entire stay is strange. They also don’t have a chute system for garbage disposal but you have to go down every time. This apartment is in the middle of nowhere… so if you don’t have a car you are pretty much stuck or you should be prepared to walk over 15 mins to get to even a watering hole. We had a car and this place had free parking so thank god for that.
Must be honest, the apartment was not dirty as some reviewers mentioned when we took it… it was very very basic. A dishwaher but no dishwashing liquid so off you go to supermarket/ a broken down mop no replacement so again off you go to super market… exactly 3 pans and one dirty frying pan – and they say its self-contained? So they day we were leaving we take an hour to clean up the place… garbage in the skip in the basement/ dishwasher loaded/ oven cleaned… Till date I have never done these things on a holiday especially when I am spending a daily rate to stay in a place.
Finally icing on the cake!!! My son while leaving left his brand new pencil case which he so fondly got and saved up for in the apartment. We called as soon as we realized to retrieve it and even asked our friends who lives in gold coast to go across and pick it up…we are told that they felt it was garbage!!! Seriously? A new Smiggles case is garbage? No my dear Breakers staff it’s not in the garbage but it is not sitting in one of your houses.
I will never stay here!! A request to the Trip advisor staff… please categorize your sections peoperly… this place is not a hotel – it is alternate accommodation… it does not deserve any stars as it has nothing that these stars stand for.
So if I have to rate this place on the categories you have mentioned here:
Service - none
value - poor - you are paying hotel rate and getting something which you will pay for a month what you are paying for a week
sleep quality - poor / hard spring mattresses
Clenliness - NONE
Location - 15 minutes walk to anywhere
Rooms - shabby worn out
restaurant and service ; ARE YOU KIDDING?

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Buddhakkan
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
I was very disappointed to read your review and also very hurt to read your accusations re the creation of dubious accounts. I feel very offended to think you could say such a thing as it is quite clear from all the reviews that the guests have enjoyed their stays with us and are happy to pass on their positive experience. Some people are not as fortunate as you and your family to be regular travellers and it is a pleasure on our part to receive those positive reviews which can be shared by future guests - this is what Trip Advisor is all about - good or bad reviews are welcomed by all and most people can make their own mind up.

For your information and for future guests - our property is made up of self contained (self catering) apartments - we do not provide one room with a bathroom, we provide a full sized apartment - the same as an apartment you would live in - you have a separate bedroom or bedrooms, a separate bathroom or bathrooms, a full laundry with a washing machine and dryer so you can look after your own laundering of clothing or simply freshen up your bath towels etc. A separate lounge/dining area and a full kitchen with a full size refrigerator, an oven, cooktop, microwave and a dishwasher along with all crockery/cutlery/glassware and cooking utensils to enable you to cook your own meals if that is what you wish. We also provide a starter of supplies (milk, sugar, tea, coffee, dishwashing liquid, dishwashing powder, laundry powder, soap and toilet paper) to assist prior to you going to the supermarket - once these are used you replenish these yourselves. We do not service the apartments daily unless you request us to do so and this would incur an extra charge - Guests who book self catering apartments do know that is the main point of difference and the very reason why they do so - if not then I do hope this helps future guests.

Now to your stay - As you have shared your experience I now must share ours - I received a call from our cleaners to come up to your apartment after your departure and I must say I only get these calls when the cleaners need me to agree to pay them more to clean an apartment that has not been left in a neat and tidy manner. My normal procedure is to take pictures of these apartments which I keep on file to verify to guests if need be. I must say I was more than surprised when I read your review to note that you had spent more than an hour cleaning - the cleaners actually took away two bags of rubbish.

Re the pencil case - I did ask the cleaners about this and they did see it and noted that it appeared to them to have been one that had come from a conference (it had promotional writing on it about Global Financial) and had it looked like it belonged to a child they would have let me know. As there was so much rubbish left in the apartment they assumed it was not required. After your phone call about it to me, I mentioned it to our cleaner and he actually went down to the garbage bin to see if it could be retrieved, however, there was too much rubbish in the bin and he did not want to wade through it all - I would not have expected him to either. I did apologise to you then and I apologise again - if we knew it was of importance we would not have thrown it away with the other rubbish.
I now also take offence to your accusation that the pencil case is 'in one of our houses'.
I am not sure about your last comments re cleanliness - none - as you have really contradicted yourself - you did mention earlier in your review that "must be honest the apartment was not dirty".
I also note you made a comment about the restaurant and service - we do not have a restaurant.

It is a shame you had to resort to placing such a lengthy review, which I feel was all about the pencil case - it is also a shame that you had to resort to unfounded hurtful accusations. I do hope all your many future travels with your family are enjoyable.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Ignore hydros anxiety report.these properties are individually owned and operated by the lovely management team.by day there is an onshore breeze and by night an onshore cool breeze.its easy to cool with the security creen locked and the doors open . The property is gated and very secure . tidiness is the responsibility of the previous user,in between scheduled cleaning.
I found the property beautifully appointed with everything you need including a fully equiped laundry,dvd,free foxtel,tea coffee milk and crisp fresh towels and linen.free wifi often didnt work well but I always use my own anyway.
Chpice of soft or firm pillows and even the toilet paper was folded as per a high rated establishment requires.
The reception were lovely and helpful.the location quiet (except for the waves crashing on the beach lol).
Short walk to the bus and halfway between surfers and broadbeach. Free underground parking if you hire a car.
Couldnt recommend more highly and yes I vacuumed, mopped the floors and cleaned up after myself as should you.
There is NO limit on the shower,the owners just ask you to conserve as much as possible as townies and overseas visitors dont understand the need to save water.dont worry you wont be punished if your showe exceeds 4 minutes !
A great place to stay in surfers!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Infrequentraveller19
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Wow - I think I need you to respond to my reviews - you have obviously been reading through them and took note of one in particular which definitely needed further clarification and now with your assistance hopefully future guests will understand the concept of self contained/catering apartments.
So glad you did enjoy not only your stay with us but also your apartment and thanks for taking the time to write such an informative review.
Hope to see you again.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Had a great time at a Breakers, amazing location , direct beach access and
great pool to cool off and laze around.
Bbq's available for use and the apartment looked directly out to sea,
was great to go for a stroll down the beach. Will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Simon A
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to place your review and really happy that you did enjoy what we have to offer here. Look forward to your next time here to enjoy it again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
QT Gold Coast
QT Gold Coast
#4 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,573 reviews

Been to The Breakers? Share your experiences!