After reading all the wonderful reviews on trip advisor we were very excited to be staying in such a well appointed establishment. Well how disappointed were we. Holidaying with my husband, brother and sister-in-law we were all looking forward to a lovely superior beach front apartment. The apartment was beach front but that was the only beautiful thing about it. We have all travelled through out the world and 4 1/2 star apartments are usually that 4 1/2 star. When we complained about it on Sunday we were told no one has ever complained about that room 24.In the main bedroom the queen sized bed had been broken and then reinforced with a steel side. The ensuite had hair and mould in the shower and a railing missing on the door which left holes in the door. The tiles throughout the whole apartment were full of fluff and dirt. The second bedroom (after paying $22 to have two king singles made into a queen bed) had a faulty light that when you turned on would flicker all the time. The kitchen after spending 30 minutes to look for the lights that where hidden in the cupboard was very old and tacky. The oven and fridge were all rusty. Lucky I sat on the kitchen chair and realised that it was broken before someone seriously was hurt. We reported it to the weekend manager and was told oh no not that chair again and the handy man would fix it. We never saw him.The lamp in the loungeroom was stuck together with duct tape. Only one light in the loungeroom was working. We all understand that its not the managers fault but they should seriously get the owners in of the apartment to update the whole apartment and not just a lick of paint. Oh that was falling off anyway. I am so sorry to be making such a bad review but what we thought we paid for definatly was not what we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breakers - This classic beachfront high-rise on the golden sands of Australia’s Gold Coast is perfectly positioned between Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach.Five minutes north, and you’re in downtown Cavill Avenue soaking up the atmosphere of surf city. Five minutes south, and you’re in Broadbeach with it’s many great cafes and restaurants, home of Jupiters Casino, the international Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre and the shop till you drop Pacific Fair. No matter what time of the year, it always feels like summertime hereThe Breakers has a range of holiday apartments to suit all budgets and sizes.There’s the spacious one and two bedroom apartments all enjoying great ocean and hinterland views from their balconies, the 3 level beachfront cabanas in front of the main tower looking directly over the beach or the fully-renovated 4 bedroom penthouse – great for the extended family. Facing east, the magnificent tiled pool catches almost all-day sun and looks out over the fabulous beachfront BBQ terrace.All apartments at The Breakers have Foxtel cable TV and for those who need to work or just browse the internet there is Free Wifi. The friendly on site Management team take great pride in The Breakers to make your holiday enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Breakers Surfers Paradise
- Breakers Hotel Surfers Paradise
- The Breakers Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise