“Spaciously amazing apartments - 100% Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marriner Views

Marriner Views
Melbourne, Australia
“Spaciously amazing apartments - 100% Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have just come back to Melbourne from an amazing trip to the Gold Coast and stayed at Marriner Views. Our family trip of 8 had both the 2 bedroom apartments on the 11th floor. Both apartments were surprisingly so spacious, with big balconies and breath taking views. The place was spotless and conveniently had everything we needed. Loved waking up every morning to the sound of the beach which was only a 30 sec walk away. Bernie was an absolute trooper, helping us out with directions and recommendations and fixed our light immediately that wasn't working. Stunning apartments, spectacular views, and great service, what more could you ask for.? Will definitely come back and stay for our next trip to the Gold Coast. Thanks for your services Bernie :))

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Margaret C, Manager at Marriner Views, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thanks for your positive comments. We always try to make your experience as pleasant as possible.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rockhampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We found our apartment on the 11th floor to be very clean and spacious with excellent views all round. The location was quite and within walking distance to the shops and beach. Our stay was relaxing and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our stay at the Marriner Views and would have no hesitation in staying here again on our next visit to the Gold Coast. We found the managers Margaret and Bernie very pleasant and friendly and only too willing to assist in anyway possible.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have recently spent six wonderful weeks in the lovely Marriner Views Apartments and it was so good to have a unit which was spotlessly clean and tidy. Having stayed in various other apartments in the area, I can say without a doubt that this has been the best experience.

It was a pleasure to return after a day out and about to look at the stunning views of sea and river. All appliances were in excellent condition.

Without a doubt we will be returning next year and
many thanks to Bernie and Margaret for their help at all times.
The only downside for us is that we would have liked to have had Foxtel
as we are avid sports followers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jimgwyn
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed in an apartment for 2 nights. Had my credit card swiped when checking in for security deposit.

When leaving the apartment, we:
put all towels in the bathtub
put all linen on the bed
Swept and moped floor
put all furniture back in its place (chairs set at the dining table, cushions on the lounge etc)
wiped the vanity in bathrooms
took all rubbish to the bins in basement
stacked dishwasher and put dishwashing powder in
cleaned kitchen (cleaned sink, wiped bench etc)

Basically, the apartment was in the condition we found it.

In the rush to check out by 10am, I forgot to turn on the dishwasher.
I WAS CHARGED $25 FOR FAILURE TO TURN ON THE DISHWASHER.

Additionally, I was charged $30 for a mark on the plastic balcony table. They said that the table has a cigarette burn in it (no body smokes). They said the table was delivered brand new to the apartment prior to us getting there and we were the first to use it. This is incorrect because I remember having to wipe it down before sitting at it because it was flaking from, what i guess, as long periods of exposure to salt air. On another note, the table is only worth about $10 from Bunnings. They said they had to replace the table.

When I asked management for a copy of the invoice because they said this is what their cleaners charged them - they refuse to show proof to justify these charges.

A month later of asking and asking and still have not received an invoice or my $55 back.

MONEY HUNGRY MANAGEMENT

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GoldCoast G
Margaret C, Manager at Marriner Views, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
At Marriner Views we are committed to having the Units completely ready for the next guest. If cleaners have to unpack a dishwasher, wash, dry and put away the contents then leave the empty dishwasher to run to remove smells before the next guest, this is what we have to do. Stubborn marks on tables have to be removed. These things are the legitimate reason for taking a bond or a card imprint.
Since I rang you to advise about the charges, you have contacted us only through your free Legal Aid solicitors, who delivered your threat to refer this matter to the Small Claims Tribunal. I agreed in writing to provide documentary evidence af our costs to the Tribunal, if the Tribunal thought the documents relevant.
You admit you made a small mistake. Who should pay for your mistakes? Should the cleaners do the extra work for nothing? Should the managers give up the small fees they make out of the booking? Should the unit owners take a lower return on their big investment and/or buy another new table? None of them can afford to be moved by legal threats or bad reviews.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I checked in this afternoon for a photo shoot in one of the 2 bedroom apartments for the weekend, and I was greeted by Bernie and Margaret who I found absolutely lovely. I walked into my room with my fingers crossed and my jaw dropped! This place is amazing - modern furnishings, massive and breathtaking views from my balconies on the 20th floor, I immediately took a photo to show my photographers and they're thrilled! There is no air con, but it's very airy due to the 3 fans, and it's very breezy with the 3 balconies it features. Sparkling clean, I cannot fault this place! I paid $330 for 2 nights which is an absolute bargain for such quality, I've stayed in well over 30 hotels in Queensland and this is my pick of the bunch for Gold Coast.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Misshotelqueen
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is my second review of Marriner Views. We have stayed many times at these apartments and have never been disappointed, in fact we would never consider anywhere else. They are located at "The quiet end of Paradise" between Surfers and Broadbeach. We had another very quiet relaxing stay. Please see my previous review for a more comprehensive description of the apartments. I have added some more pics for this review.

Room Tip: A higher floor will give you better all round views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Biljul
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect when my friend booked nine of us into two rooms for a bucks weekend, but after the experience I really wanted to write a quick review.

The rooms were great, very clean and modern and the views were brilliant, but the service was what really impressed me; it was absolutely second to none; thanks so much for helping us celebrate our mate's bucks, we had a great time and will certainly be recommending that our friends check you out.

Cheers!

Room Tip: Sit with your back to the window in the morning, the sunrise is blinding!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Margaret C, Manager at Marriner Views, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thanks for the excellent feedback. We will try to live up to it for any friends you send.