“MONEY HUNGRY MANAGEMENT”
Review of Marriner Views

Marriner Views
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed in an apartment for 2 nights. Had my credit card swiped when checking in for security deposit.

When leaving the apartment, we:
put all towels in the bathtub
put all linen on the bed
Swept and moped floor
put all furniture back in its place (chairs set at the dining table, cushions on the lounge etc)
wiped the vanity in bathrooms
took all rubbish to the bins in basement
stacked dishwasher and put dishwashing powder in
cleaned kitchen (cleaned sink, wiped bench etc)

Basically, the apartment was in the condition we found it.

In the rush to check out by 10am, I forgot to turn on the dishwasher.
I WAS CHARGED $25 FOR FAILURE TO TURN ON THE DISHWASHER.

Additionally, I was charged $30 for a mark on the plastic balcony table. They said that the table has a cigarette burn in it (no body smokes). They said the table was delivered brand new to the apartment prior to us getting there and we were the first to use it. This is incorrect because I remember having to wipe it down before sitting at it because it was flaking from, what i guess, as long periods of exposure to salt air. On another note, the table is only worth about $10 from Bunnings. They said they had to replace the table.

When I asked management for a copy of the invoice because they said this is what their cleaners charged them - they refuse to show proof to justify these charges.

A month later of asking and asking and still have not received an invoice or my $55 back.

MONEY HUNGRY MANAGEMENT

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GoldCoast G
Margaret C, Manager at Marriner Views, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

At Marriner Views we are committed to having the Units completely ready for the next guest. If cleaners have to unpack a dishwasher, wash, dry and put away the contents then leave the empty dishwasher to run to remove smells before the next guest, this is what we have to do. Stubborn marks on tables have to be removed. These things are the legitimate reason for taking a bond or a card imprint.
Since I rang you to advise about the charges, you have contacted us only through your free Legal Aid solicitors, who delivered your threat to refer this matter to the Small Claims Tribunal. I agreed in writing to provide documentary evidence af our costs to the Tribunal, if the Tribunal thought the documents relevant.
You admit you made a small mistake. Who should pay for your mistakes? Should the cleaners do the extra work for nothing? Should the managers give up the small fees they make out of the booking? Should the unit owners take a lower return on their big investment and/or buy another new table? None of them can afford to be moved by legal threats or bad reviews.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I checked in this afternoon for a photo shoot in one of the 2 bedroom apartments for the weekend, and I was greeted by Bernie and Margaret who I found absolutely lovely. I walked into my room with my fingers crossed and my jaw dropped! This place is amazing - modern furnishings, massive and breathtaking views from my balconies on the 20th floor, I immediately took a photo to show my photographers and they're thrilled! There is no air con, but it's very airy due to the 3 fans, and it's very breezy with the 3 balconies it features. Sparkling clean, I cannot fault this place! I paid $330 for 2 nights which is an absolute bargain for such quality, I've stayed in well over 30 hotels in Queensland and this is my pick of the bunch for Gold Coast.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Misshotelqueen
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is my second review of Marriner Views. We have stayed many times at these apartments and have never been disappointed, in fact we would never consider anywhere else. They are located at "The quiet end of Paradise" between Surfers and Broadbeach. We had another very quiet relaxing stay. Please see my previous review for a more comprehensive description of the apartments. I have added some more pics for this review.

Room Tip: A higher floor will give you better all round views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Biljul
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect when my friend booked nine of us into two rooms for a bucks weekend, but after the experience I really wanted to write a quick review.

The rooms were great, very clean and modern and the views were brilliant, but the service was what really impressed me; it was absolutely second to none; thanks so much for helping us celebrate our mate's bucks, we had a great time and will certainly be recommending that our friends check you out.

Cheers!

Room Tip: Sit with your back to the window in the morning, the sunrise is blinding!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Margaret C, Manager at Marriner Views, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Thanks for the excellent feedback. We will try to live up to it for any friends you send.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms and both were well equipped and a great size. Was Not like a tacky hotel with cheap fittings. It had a more homely feel than other hotels ive been to. Would def go again. We even had a security incident and the management were very helpful resolving it.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank obboe
Margaret C, Manager at Marriner Views, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

We are very happy to have groups of young men like the eight of you. You had a good time but were not noisy late at night and left the units tidy. We particularly enjoyed your bucks weekend activities with the scooters, fake bikie outfits and pretend girlfriend - all harmless good fun. We will always try our utmost to ensure the enjoyment, safety and security of our guests and are happy to help when they get into any difficulties like you experienced.
Margaret and Bernie

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The place has potential if it werent for the beligerent management.

We were billed for pre-existing damage to the carpet which had alledgedly just been 'cleaned'
and all our appeals to the manager met with brick wall stubborness.

The manager accosted us the first night (after we'd just been away from the unit for half that day) and aggressively accused us of having just caused loud disturbances in the complex.

It was also concerning to see that the rear door to the complex was smashed in and innaccessible for the duration of our stay.

Bernie - before you bill a potentially returning guest for existing damage to the unit or make them feel persecuted by falsely accusing them of causing disturbance first, please ensure you have your facts straight...and remember that broken shards of glass do not make for a family friendly environment.

Unless you enjoy a gamble, give the place a miss.
If you do enjoy a gamble and accept a realistic possibility of losing more money than you originally intended, just go directly to the broadbeach casino instead.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Andrew S
Margaret C, Manager at Marriner Views, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thanks for this review, which shows how committed we are to making a stay here as enjoyable as possible for all of our guests. The facts are: The unit had its 6-monthly professional carpet clean, which was inspected by us on completion. The four men in your party were the next guests in the unit. The spillage on the carpet can have come only from your party. On the Saturday night I did ask you which unit you were returning to, as you were noisy in the foyer and I wanted to make sure you were not going to a unit where there had been some earlier noise. On the Sunday night the rear security door was locked just before 9.00pm. At about 10.45pm I returned find a glass panel in the security door kicked in from the outside by someone unknown. Before I had a chance to clean it up your party of four men approached me from within the building, asking me to let you in to your unit as you had all left your keys (including your security keys) behind in your unit earlier in the day. I then cleaned up the broken glass and sealed off the area. Your party left the morning after the glass was broken. The panel was reglazed first thing on Tuesday morning, as Monday was a public holiday. Bernie.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

2nd time we have stayed great apartment great location huge balconys , lovely pool and spa only downside we have to go home !!! Easy 10-15 walk to cavil mall via beach or road .................Will stay here again when we return to the gold coast

• Stayed: September 2012

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your return visit so much. We hope that next time will be even better!