“family holiday”

Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“family holiday”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

small room with no view , ageing , poor tv reception .
had roaches in the room. ants on the balcony ..
room was serviced on our 3rd and last day
had to ask for extra towels , room was booked for 4 and had 3 towels
2 drinking cups , a little thought by staff would have saved us the hassel of ordering the extras that we should have had in the room to start with
location was a fair walk from the centre of town ( with kids)
expected a lot more from crowne plaza
needs a makeover
sorry crowne plaza but i wouldnt come back

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear brett f,
I was very sorry to hear of the problems which you experienced during your recent stay with us. Please accept my most sincere apologies and rest assured I have followed up accordingly with my team.
With regard to the room size and views - all our rooms in the Gold Tower are 38 square metres and all rooms directly face the ocean. Guaranteed ocean view rooms are allocated from level 10 and above whilst rooms on lower levels are not advertised as having ocean views - so I am not sure which room type you reserved and was subsequently allocated.
I can assure you we service all rooms on a daily basis so I will certainly follow up with my Housekeeping team. I would be most grateful if you could provide me with details of your stay by emailing me directly.
many thanks
david.brown@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My partner and I had gone to the Gold Coast to do some shopping for the day , during the day I received an email from Wotif stating they had cheep mystery hotels available for the night so we decided to stay.

I was pretty happy when I found out it was this hotel as I had stayed there before. Te rooms in the gold tower are large and have a great view. My room was very clean and well presented but the decor needs updating , its a little to 90's for my liking.

The service was fine but I didn't push them too much.

All up a nice place to stay , not five stars as advertised but clean with a great view.

Room Tip: Gold tower, facing the ocean
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James H
Dear James H,
Many thanks for sharing your comments from your recent visit to the Gold Coast and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
I do hope we have the opportunity to look after you once again in the not too distant future.
Bateau Bay, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Staff all very friendly and helpful. Spotlessly clean rooms. restaurant very good but a bit disappointed in food at revolving restaurant. Have has much better for far less cost elsewhere.
Hotel situated away from restaurants and other activities. Need to catch a bus or drive for any activity. One other downside was no free internet to rooms. We still had a very enjoyable stay.

1 Thank barbyml
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hello barbyml,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, I'm glad to hear that you had an enjoyable 54th Anniversary trip with the family.
As of July 1st all Gold Elite and Platinum Elite members of IHG Rewards (formerly Priority Club Rewards) will have access to free internet in both the lobby and rooms.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Kind regards,

Victoria
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We arrived at the Gold Coast in our hire car and were met by the concierge who took our luggage from our boot and took it all inside. At reception we were told we had been given an upgrade. We parked the car in an underground car park then jumped into the lift to the 26th floor. Our room was actually a suite! We were so stunned we couldn't believe it! We had a full kitchen, huge bedroom with large patio doors onto a lovely balcony with chairs and table. We also had a marble bathroom with jacuzzi bath, washing machine and a shower. Separate toilet. We had a small lounge room with leather sofa and huge bay window with floor to ceiling glass. The views over the sea were stunning! We had tea/coffee making facilities with biscuits and a large stocked fridge with small freezer on top! The concierge bought our luggage up about 5 mins after we arrived. Staff were friendly and helpful! We were in The Gold Tower which had its own pool and jacuzzi, pool was cold but J was good! Restaurants were nice but quite expensive, however, right opposite was a garage with a small Coles in it so we bought milk, bread and cheese for a sandwich then ate out in the evenings in a lovely shopping centre just down the road! We couldn't fault this place if we tried, it was truly wonderful!

Room Tip: Order a sea view as high up as possible its beautiful!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Banquebop
Dear banquebop,
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us recently.
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your comments with fellow travellers accordingly. I hope we have the opportunity to look after you again next time you visit the Gold Coast.
Brisbane
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Booked this hotel for our 18 year anniversary and whilst the gold tower was nearly completely empty, they placed us in a room next to a couple with a crying baby who woke many times through the night crying. When we mentioned it to the staff on check out and the female staff member did not care less and said sometimes couples book a room and we don't know there is a baby! What a load of rubbish, and very poor customer service. Very disappointed with this hotel, do not know how it gets 5 stars, the Lobby for the gold towers isn't even staffed!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Onechopyfam,
Many thanks for your recent review.
I was very sorry to hear of the problem which you experienced with a crying baby in the room adjacent to you. It is a great pity you did not tell us at the time this occurred as I am very confident we would have been able to offer to move you to an alternative room. Unfortunately I do not have details of the date of your stay so I am unable to advise how busy the Gold Tower was at the time, but I can assure you we do our utmost to address any guest concerns as and when they are brought to our attention.
I am sincerely sorry this incident impacted your overall stay and I do hope we have the opportunity to make amends at some time in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed for one night at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise. Great room Ocean views with balcony. Beautiful full moon over ocean. Free parking was fabulous. Staff friendly and helpful. Loved breakfast at the revolving restaurant. We have two small children who loved the pool and spa. Comfortable room we were on the 17th floor just spectacular. We went to celebrate a Birthday, when we arrived in our room there was a card wishing us a Happy Birthday would highly recommend this Hotel. Thank you

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hi M_M710,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and leave such wonderful comments, we really appreciate your feedback.
We're glad you had such a great stay and experience at our revolving restaurant, Four Winds 360, we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Best wishes,
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Hair in the spa bath, grime around bathroom tap handles, stains on bed sheets, dirt and dust in complementary coffee/sugar tray, balcony tiles need re grouting, balcony corroded, dirty and stained windows the list just goes on and on. The place is filthy!!! Everywhere you look you see stains dust and dirt from very very poor house keeping. Even Hungry Jacks has free wifi and a better location. For half this price I have stayed in cleaner and better located hotels/motels. First and last time. Strongly not recommended!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank GregoryKovaleff
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear GregoryKovaleff,
Firstly, please accept my most sincere apologies for the very poor standard of housekeeping which you experienced during your recent stay and rest assured I have followed up accordingly with my team to ensure future guests do not encounter similar issues.
I very much appreciate you bringing your comments to my attention and I do understand the Duty Manager also conveyed his personal apologies when you checked out on Sunday.
Whilst you have indicated you would not stay with us again - and I understand you sentiments accordingly, I would nonetheless appreciate the opportunity to redress your current poor impression of the hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist you personally at any time in the future.
david.brown@ihg.com