We stayed on the 24th floor for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment which we booked via Ebay. We were met and shown the apartment by the Owner/Occupier's manager. An immediate $200 cash deposit is required in case you lose the keys during your stay. The money is refunded when you hand them back on checking out with the manager.
Our first impression was that the apartment was distinctly more tired than the photos on the website showed and that the bathroom contained an old fashioned 'step in' shower above the bath which could be an issue if you were not so sprightly or young or didn't have great balance! I'm short but managed to clamber over it, my husband however is 6ft and had trouble getting wet as his head was higher than the shower once you'd taken the bath height into account.
The complex itself however was marvellous. The man made beach pool on the 5th floor was brilliant and we enjoyed many a swim there. The bbq area, gym and games room were also great to have.
The apartment had a roll of toilet paper and that was it, we often choose apartments rather than hotel rooms and generally find on arrival there will be a small bar of soap, a one-wash packet of detergent, and often tiny sachets of salt/pepper, two or three teabags, a couple sachets of sugar and sometimes even a small milk etc. After that you go stock up as expected - however you need to arrive fully stocked for this place which can be tricky when arriving in the evening off an international flight such as we did.
The location was amazing, very easy to get around the main streets of Surfers. Walking to the beach or restaurants was no problem at all. We had a balcony (with very dirty furniture but I guess they are outside all the time) which was pleasant to relax on.
One of the few dislikes (aside from being slightly let down by the basic feeling of the interior of apartment) was there was an influx of loud teens on Friday night who took over the pool and bbq area. We couldn't spend any time on our balcony that evening as they had booked into the tower opposite us (there are 3 towers in Chevron) and had great fun yelling at and flashing other guests and generally spitting and throwing things off the balconies - all of which is documented as a huge no-no when you agree to rent an apartment but security never seemed to be around that evening. We checked out Saturday morning as we were going on to another resort so don't know whether they disrupted anyone on Saturday night as well.
All in all we would stay there again but quite likely in another apartment (I'll scour the photos for things like stepladder baths this time) and possibly not include a weekend.
Price wise it was brilliant but that is because we won it on auction rather than paid rack rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Mantra Towers of Chevron, located in the heart of Surfers Paradise, you will find the perfect accommodation from which to explore the beautiful and fun-filled Gold Coast. In your self-contained apartment you'll feel truly at ease. All apartments are self-contained and feature kitchens equipped with modern appliances, a full service laundry, cable TV and a DVD player. All the conveniences of home can be found here. Located atop the trendy Chevron Renaissance precinct, you need only duck downstairs to enjoy a delicious meal or to wander through unique and designer boutiques. If you're on holiday with the kids, the Infinity attraction is a must visit. They're bound to be entertained exploring the fun-house full of mirrors, optical illusions and sound effects. You can choose between 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments or superior apartments, which are furnished in contemporary neutral tones. Or for larger groups wishing to truly holiday in style, the 3 bedroom penthouse apartments are the ideal choice. At Mantra Towers of Chevron you will have access to the resorts Health Pavilion, featuring indoor and outdoor lap pools and full gymnasium. BBQ facilities, the private theatre and also 'Beaches in the Sky', the resorts outdoor leisure area featuring sub-tropical gardens and a 600m2 lagoon style pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Towers of Chevron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towers Of Chevron Renaissance Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Of Chevron Renaissance
- Renaissance Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Renaissance
- Mantra Towers Of Chevron Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise