Mantra Towers of Chevron
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
Centrepoint Resort(Surfers Paradise)
View Hotel
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Surfers City Motel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
  • Beachfront
Diamonds Resort(Surfers Paradise)
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
5,178 results
All reviewsgreat locationcoles supermarketindoor poolfamily holidaybathroom apartmentshopping centrethe gold coastgreat facilitiesgames roomgreat familygreat place to staycentral locationcar parkingocean viewbbq areaamazing viewsfloor
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Chevron is a great facility. We booked through Escape Now and the staff there were fabulous. We stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment on the 25th floor overlooking the beach. The apartment was awesome. Location wise this place is great. We have 2 small kids and being able to pop downstairs any time to Coles and Bakers Delight was just brilliant. We were also a short walk to the beach. I didn't think the restaurants downstairs were too brilliant, in fact i thought they were pretty crap (we tried 3 different ones and all were awful). We ended up trying to cook more rather than eating out which was easy enough with the supermarket so close. The facilities at Chevron are great, the 3 pools and the bbq areas were always clean and tidy and the sand around the lagoon pool was great for our little kids. I also liked the large grass area where the kids could run around or you could spread a towel if there were no lounges left. The one major downside which would almost put me off staying there again is that neither of the outdoor pools are heated and I am usually pretty good with pools that aren't heated but I found these to be freezing. If the sun was out and it was hot then it was ok, but if the weather was overcast or there was a breeze then swimming in the pools or sitting around them wet was very unpleasant. Our 2 year old didn't really like swimming in the pools because they were just too cold. If your visiting in the peak of summer probably fine, but if your going any other time of year - perhaps not so great.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank pixibaby
Reviewed March 2, 2009

As you may have guessed we booked our apartment directly through owners - found on Stayz. The booking process was smooth and friendly and we feel we were given a very fair price.
We called the property manager Nicole on arrival at the airport and she gave us clear and concise (and very friendly) directions. We were met by her son who showed us our apt. Again very friendly.
Our apartment was on the 25th floor. Great sea views - in fact views of pretty much everything as very large balconies. It was a two bedroom, two bathroom apt. Very clean but I would respectfully suggest getting a carpet cleaner in for the living room. It detracts from the general cleanliness of the rest of the room. The apartment was well equipped and I can't think of anything else it would need.....
The resort was fine. Downtown Surfers so a bit of street noise was to be expected and it was a family resort so plenty of kids in the main pool was to be expected. The lagoon pool was a big hit with our kids. It looked a bit murky when we arrived but shortly afterwards was very clean and well maintained.
I guess my only negative comments would be the large amounts of drunken revellers in the lifts at times. There was a definite bad smell in the lift areas presumably from rubbish shutes (maybe it was the drunken teens....!!)
The towers are perfectly positioned for access to shops and cafes. We didn't have any problems with the carpark....
Sounds like the apartments are a bit hit and miss. Although ours was not super luxurious it was clean, well positioned and well equipped. Not sure what else you need!
I'd just like to add that Nicole was super helpful and accommodating on our check out. Thanks for that!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kintailnz
Reviewed February 25, 2009

My husband and I decided to stay at the Towers of Chevron Renaissance because at the time of booking the towers were managed by Accor of which we are members, but also my husband previously stayed there when he took his parents for a treat to the Gold Coast. They stayed in the main tower. On that occasion the experience was positive which is why we decided I too should experience this place.

What a disappointment it was on this second visit. I had not stayed at this establishment but my husband had. We were in the Skyline tower at the rear of the establishment. We had a 2 bedroom apartment with one bathroom. Our views were over a large colourbond roof and into the rooms of the opposite tower. I had decided to pull back the curtains and just pull across the sheers to discover that we only had curtain linings and no sheers at all in any of the tracks in any window in the apartment so to have privacy we had to use the complete blockout curtain linings! It was like being in a dungeon. When we complained they had no idea that there were no curtains. Surely someone would know. Then there was the shower. It had black slimy scunge which takes weeks, months even to form so this shower had not been cleaned properly for some time. There was even a big wad of hair in the shower waste. There were used smoke butts on the balcony and there was no dishcloth provided so you could wipe the benches or tables. We had to use one of the facewashers. My husband reckoned it was a 'schoolies' apartment. They did offer to clean it but we were going out and we didn't want anyone in the room with our valuables when we were not there and it should have been done properly before anyway.

Checkin was late we admit but we rang a telephone that said 'dial 9' if desk unattended. We did this several times and still no-one came to assist us. We ended up calling up on an outside intercom and finally someone came to assist us. He handed us an envelope and a kind of map and left us to it. The place is not clearly signposted and is a labyrinth of lifts, passages and all need a swipe of the security tag to work.

The establishment is well situated, and probably some of the rooms are a 4.5 standard, but the apartment we were in was sub standard and certainly not of a 4.5 star standard, more like 3 star. We also used the internet facilities in the lobby section and wasted $10 trying to print our airline boarding passes. Again there was no-one around to assist so we just had to wear it. Even the directory in the room had no recommendations on where to eat, shop or get groceries. Not very helpful when you arrive at night. Once we worked out how to get out of the apartment and to the shopping centre below we were ok, but a directory in a city that you are not familiar with is extremely useful and appreciated.

The service was virtually non-existent and we were left to fend for ourselves too much. We observed 3 other separate guests use the 'dial 9' phone without any response also. Management really needs to look at what it is doing with service.

However, the pool and grounds are beautiful and very inviting and the shopping centre below is vibey and good value. Would I stay again? No, it marred my break away.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank savvytraveller16
Reviewed February 21, 2009

I'm usually pretty easy going when it comes to reviewing accommodation. However, when I stay at a four and a half star property, I expect to have something that's pretty swish, by most standards. At Chevron Renaissance, I get the feeling that just how swish the experience will be depends entirely on pot luck.

Allow me to extrapolate.

We checked into a one bedroom apartment with no fuss. We were on level two of a forty odd level tower, which wasn't of massive concern because I suppose someone has to get the low rooms. Like I said, I'm pretty easy going. Immediately there were bad signs: the food smeared on the television screen being the most blatantly obvious. Also not appreciated was the sticky patch of floor in the kitchen, the dirty and mouldy balcony and the open duct above the shower that allowed insulating material to rain down into the bathroom overnight. It appeared unloved and uncleaned - a forgotten room in an enormous hotel.

We decided to stick it out and see how it went.

At 11 pm, our immediate next door neighbour thought it a good idea to start playing cheesy pop music very loudly directly next to our bedroom. The bass was literally making the walls shake. This, of course, is of no fault of the hotel - we called reception who sent out security to deal with the noise makers and half an hour later the room receded into a state of semi quiet. Of course, being so low to the street (level two, remember) and having essentially no sound insulation meant it was a noisy night's sleep.

We called reception in the morning and asked to change rooms.

As a result, we were shifted out of our tired, leprous old room into something a little higher and a little grander - albeit of the same price category.

The difference was immediate and amazing. The room actually looked like a four and half star property. The television had no old pizza smeared across it and the decor was tasteful and delightful. Our balcony was a good deal smaller, but it was a happy tradeoff as the mould was noticeably missing. It was exactly how we'd hoped the hotel would be. We even had a sliver of an ocean view.

Best yet, we couldn't hear the night time traffic, and we were only five stories higher.

So, from what I can gather, by staying at the Chevron Renaissance, you're essentially gambling. You could get lucky and get a beautiful room, or they could shunt you off into a mouldy, forgotten corner where you can sleep amongst the traffic noises and the insulation dust, watching television between the smeared scraps of someone's dinner.

As an aside, I must say that the location is perfect and the central lagoon pool is amazing.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank elgarbo
Reviewed February 15, 2009

my family and i booked at the chevron renaissance goldcoast NEVER AGAIN (MAGGOTS IN RECYCLE BINS) never cleaned
the cleaners who clean the towers and pool area were BAD they never picked up the recycled rubbish on the floors so SMELLY sat there days the green bins had MAGGOTS in them. the hallways were never vacumed so dirty. as for the pool and changing rooms on level 2 and 5 they were disgusting my advice is don't stay there.. i complained to the women at the front desk there attitude was less than helpful my advice is get new cleaners!

Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family