“The perfect piece of Surfers Paradise! Did not want to leave :(”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Before my arrival at the Chevron Towers, I had mixed feelings about the place given the poor review from previous guests on Tripadvisor but my girlfriend who stayed with me on the trip assured me that the place is amazing as she had previously stayed there back in 2011 and so did a friend of my who went there with her boyfriend last year.
And all I can say now is that me and my girlfriend did not want to leave this amazing piece of paradise at all. So, here is the quick review of this hotel.
Positive:
1) Definitely the location! It was literally one minute away from everything you need! From clubs, bars, restaurants to beaches and shopping area! The perfect location, there is even Coles right under the hotel itself and all these beautiful restaurants.

2) The facilities and amenities as well as the hotel room itself. Even though I didn't get the sky high views, I was upgraded to a one bedroom apartment with a massive balcony and amazing rooftop garden view which made me and my girlfriend felt like we had a private villa. The pools were beautiful and if you get tower 2, you get like a private pool too. When we came into the room, we were so surprised at the cleanliness and the spaciousness of the room. And oh my god, foxtel!!!

3) The transfer staff at the Chevron towers were really friendly and helpful which was great as we used a lot of their services from the hotel to the theme parks as well as to the airports!

Negative:
1) I think the staff at the reception can be a little friendly. Their customer service was quite poor and not up to standard but the facilities, the room and the experience I had there definitely override it. They were just a little bit stuck up and did not give that service you would think a nice place like this would give. I think I was also just frustrated with the amount of time that i had to wait to check into my apartment as we arrived three hours early before check in and yet the room was not ready and we had to constantly remind them and this happened to three other groups of guest who were waiting with us too.

2) The beds were a bit hard to my liking! Maybe better mattresses?

Overview:
If you are looking for a luxurious hotel with beyond excellent services and all catered to you like Crown or even Palazzo Versace, then this place is not for you but it is definitely the most luxurious self service apartment that I have ever been too! On a scale of 1 to 5 for a hotel, I would put it as a 3 but for a self service apartment, definitely a 5!

Room Tip: Ask for the corner suites on tower 2! They have bigger rooms and balcony!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sezsalieh
ChevronManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for your informative review. It is with your feedback that we are able to ensure that our property may continue to provide our guests with a holiday they will not forget.

We are glad you had an enjoyable holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the Gold Coast.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,935)

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Upon Arrival Rooms were unclean. Floor was dusty, marks on the lounges, kitchen table and chairs were dirty.
Facilities and location is good.
Price was OK though didn't get the room type requested on the booking.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Absolutely amazing views, wonderfully clean apartment, great facilities, extremely friendly hotel transfer staff wonderful spacious rooms.
However, we experienced extremely poor customer service (with the exception of one delightful lady).
The lack of information in the guest information was also disappointing as it didn't provide any information on simple things like how to work the television or how to dispose of rubbish.

Room Tip: The Front ocean views are spectacular however at the weekend can be noisy with people exiting the cl...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I too had read the reviews and was a little worried about what to expect. Arrived on Friday night for a 2night stay. Check in was easy, good friendly staff. Free parking. Went to room and find it very clean. Beautiful view of pool and ocean. Not sure what some people expect. Also got 2 keys which you don't get very often. On check out this morning was asked if we needed to leave our car in the park or leave our bags in the storage room. Thank you to the lovely helpful staff. We will return.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy T
ChevronManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review Tracy.

I am glad to see you enjoyed your time at our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed at the Chevron Towers with a group of girls for a holiday in surfers paradise and was so happy with the apartment! It had everything we needed for our stay, Wachine machine, dryer, iron, fully equipped kitchen with utensils, dishwasher, dining table, lounge and balcony, beautiful bathrooms and comfortable beds! For the amount we paid we got well above what we expected! The quality of the apartments was fantastic! The only thing I can fault was on our last day the cleaner came to clean our rooms at 9.30am when our checkout was 10.00am! Would definatley stay again on our next trip to surfers paradise!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Emily C
ChevronManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

had a wonderful time , room was magical looked out to the ocean ,straight down to the pools , and over to the river loved it . easy acess to everything .when we come back we will certainly be staying here.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 22nd floor in middle tower view was great , room was more than we expected as it wa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay - we appreciate all feedback, and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Towers of Chevron Renaissance in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had read many reviews with mixed opinions so I went into my visit with a little worry. I contacted Mel ( guest relations ) and asked about some of the things I had read and she was fantastic, friendly and extremely helpful even asking about how my autistic child managed heights , fantastic guest relations that she was so thoughtful! A week later we arrived and from the moment we arrived I at all times found the staff helpful friendly and extremely kind , as to why some people have found them rude I simply don't understand because they were always amazingly kind and polite to me and my four children. Upon check in we were given a map so I never really found the kind of confusion finding my way round the towers that others had . We stayed in a three bedroom apartment on level 42 and had amazing views of both the coastline and hinderlands since we had a corner apartment. The location is second to none , it is close to everything and that was especially important to us since we had four children under nine and an autistic child with us. Although there is a bit of street noise from the light rail once u shut the balcony doors you can not hear a thing from the street level.
The main thing I think to remember is that they are self contained holiday apartments , used by families , you will not get a completely perfect unit anywhere unless it is brand new and you are the first person to use it! The room we got was lovely , very roomy and well maintained . I had no problems with the cleaning , or the state of the apartment . The kitchen was well stocked with everything and more that you could possibly need and the fridge was huge which is something I have previously found could be a problem ( small freezer space ) but not the Chevron plenty of space! We made much use of the pool and I know for fact that it is cleaned every day because I would see him every day cleaning it ( the poor guy starts cleaning it at 5am in the morning )
We made use of both pools and both were lovely , really beautiful and when the beaches in the sky pool got busy we took the kids to the other outdoor pool which was empty at the times we used it. The was one other thing I was worried about was people and there behaviour ( a review I had read ) in the main pool , well I need not have been! There were a few young guys who were misbehaving in the main pool a few times we were there and it might have worried me having four small children in the pool but every time security was right on it and in the end they got banned from the pool area after multiple warnings . During our stay we had contact with one security guard who was lovely , extremely friendly and when my keycard got lost someone handed it in and security didnt wait for me to come to them , at almost 11pm at night I was panicked worried how I was going to have any money and I got a knock on the door , security had gone through guest registers to find me and return it to me , now that is beyond and above service, most would just wait for you to ask if it had been found ! The babysitter they have we made use of and the children just loved her to pieces , she even brought toys and played with the kids , told them bedtime stories , simply amazing service and very very affordable ( unlike a lot of other places )
Above all there is not one bad thing I have read in the reviews here that I could say we had a problem with , beautiful apartment , lovely facilities and fantastic friendly staff.
My biggest advice ? If you book privately be sure you know what you are getting because Chevron staff are not in control of bookings not made through them directly! We booked ours direct through Chevron themselves and they keep their apartments updated and taken care of . Great for families and value for money !! Would highly recommend to anyone for their holiday! Thats to Mel , security and Chevron for such a fantastic holiday :)

Room Tip: Book directly through Chevron , then you know what you are getting and what you see on their website...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Hello Cherie,

Thank you for your glowing review!

It was a lovely to meet you in person and I am glad to see the resort was everything you were hoping for and more.

It was a pleasure having you at the resort and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Regards, Melissa