“Summer Time Fun”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great location, the views were excellent and the room was well presented. Staff were helpful and the facilities were excellent. The complimentary car parking was handy, I am looking forward to the completion of the new light rail which is just outside the door. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Great views from the upper deluxe room. Request an elevated room, it is worth the ride in the lift.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (5,029)

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Apart from forking out a bit more $ than we would normally, my family enjoyed the last minute booking for New Years Eve 2013 ... Facilities were great and view from 32nd floor was perfect ... only down side was drunken buggers a couple of floors above being idiots and dropping crap from their balcony, ie beer and smoke butts, wot jerks !!! Indoor pool could do with a kids area only becos it was a little cold in the outdoor at the time but apart from that had a great time ..

Reviewed January 16, 2014

It was our second stay at The Towers.
This time we stayed at Chevron Renaissance apartment for the Christmas 2013/New Year 2014 period of 9 days. NorthTower(3),17 floor, ocean view.
After friendly check in and detailed information (very important to listen carefully) how to get to our apartment, things went, well... downhill. Upon opening our door we were greeted with, what my son described "funky" smell. I don't know what it was but it was there all the time. I was surprised how apartment was in derelict state in relatively new building. It just did not make any sense as furniture looked new but dirty and somewhat destroyed. I was very upset with the state of poor hygiene everywhere. I just could not believe it, nor would I ever thought just by looking from outside. Kitchen pantry door was unhinged, dirt and mould, I don't know how old, was present throughout the apartment and the balcony. Lucky we had leather couches, as I could easily wiped them before sitting. As I checked mattresses and beds in general in our 2 bedrooms, it was sigh of relief as they were in very good condition, if that was not the case I would not stay there at all.
We reported everything immediately to reception staff and they apologised, alleging the "Schoolies".
In our 9 days stay our apartment was once cleaned and sheets and towels were changed. Thank you.
If cleanliness was up to a required standard we would have enjoyed immensely, as location is fantastic, heart of the centre of Surfers Paradise, Cavill Avenue, restaurants, shopping. Lagoon pool was delight to use, as was a Gym.
The Concept of the self contained apartments is super, but execution must be brought to a desired level.
Location and view is amazing which we enjoyed throughout our stay.
If apartment was cleaner and better maintained we would not look for another place to stay next time in Surfers Paradise.

2  Thank suzie-luvs-travel
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Went up to the Gold Coast in January 2014, so I paid top dollar for a 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom for 4 nights, and had previously stayed here before, a few years ago which I was very happy with our apartment, so I thought I would stay again at the same place, this time the apartment was quite dirty, the oven was disgusting and had fat in it, we turned it on, and the smell of burnt fat went right through the apartment, the microwave was dirty as well, the bathroom had mould in it, the dining table had sand all over it and all the the 6 chairs were caked with sand as well, even the hotel folder was encrusted with dried bits of food, when checking out I did tell reception and was told thank you, and that's was it. I think that you could find a cleaner hotel for the price.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We booked the Chevron on Booking.com. We selected the superior two bedroom apartment with views. I placed a request to be on a higher floor and have full ocean views - and that is exactly what we got. We were on the 35th floor, the views were amazing. There were exits to the balcony from the lounge and the 2nd bedroom and the main bedroom had its own balcony. The layout and décor of the apartment was great. The main bedroom bed was a little uncomfortable but overall the apartment was excellent. The facilities were also fantastic. We had a great time and found it hard to leave. We will definitely be back again :)

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ChevronManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay - we appreciate all feedback, and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We would love to see you back again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently stayed at Towers of Chevron for a few nights with friends. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are in great condition. I have stayed here many times and every time I have stayed in a lovely and clean room. The resort is within walking distance of the beach and is great for time out with friends or family. There have been some bad reviews on here but I have stayed here many times and it has been great every time. I highly recommend Towers of Chevron as a place to stay on the gold coast as it is perfect for a holiday with your own kitchen in the apartments as well as great pools and facilities. It is above a small shopping centre which is great to buy anything you need for your trip as well as great restaurants. I will definitely be staying at Chevron Towers again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for your review Katie B.

I am glad to see you enjoyed your time at the resort. our location is very central with everything you need just a stones throw away.

We love having regular guests and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our family stayed at the Chevron Towers for a week in Jan 2014. The location was unbeatable and we never had to go far for anything. The pool area was busy but beautiful, and we also used the private theatre which was clean and well equipped, and only cost $15 to book out the whole thing to watch a movie. Our apartment was fabulous on the whole with nice furniture and fittings etc. - well worth the money. It could have done with a spring clean though, over and above the usual quick service these places get between stays. I also felt that 7 nights was too long to go without any kind of service to offer us fresh towels and restock some complimentary items (dishwashing liquid sachets etc.). Apparently this would happen midway if we stayed 8 nights so we missed out. Please note that we booked this stay via the resort itself, which means they run and manage the apartments you will be staying in. I know from previous terrible experiences elsewhere that if you book at one of these big resorts through a website that manages people's privately owned apartments, but makes no guarantees about the standard of the individual apartments, it can be very hit an miss. Having looked at some of the other reviews here I think that may be why some people had run down apartments - maybe. It is just not worth it - I would always recommend booking through a resort that will vouch for the condition of the apartment you will stay in, even if it costs a bit more, and I questioned the resort about this prior to booking.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2 bed 2 bath...which was plenty of room for our family of 4