“Wish I had read TripAdviser reviews before booking!”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
“Wish I had read TripAdviser reviews before booking!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

After staying at a nearby hotel with a view overlooking to pool of the Towers of The Chevron Renaissance we thought that it looked so amazing that when we decided to extend our trip we would give it a try. I'm disappointed that I didn't check TripAdvisor first because I can confirm that nothing has been done to address the poor customer service offered and already raised by so many previous reviews. The common areas are well maintained and rooms are nicely appointed for serviced apartments however the bathroom particularly the shower/bath was a bit tired. What we were really let down (and surprised) by the level of service offered by staff which could simply be described as unwelcoming and rude. From check in, to being interrupted late in the afternoon by staff and security wanting to upgrade the bedside lamps (surely this could wait until we checked out, instead of barging in?), to check out the level of customer service was poor. It costs nothing to be polite and smile. While the pool was great and would be suited to a young family (open to 10pm which is certainly a point of difference with most pools closing by 7pm) the level of service left us with a with a bad first impression and as they say first impressions last.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daveoturner
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am disappointed to read our level of customer service was poor throughout your stay. We have a new team at reception and I will certainly be addressing this with our Front Office Manager as it is certainly not acceptable.
I will certainly investigate with all departments about lamps being delivered to your room whilst you where in-house.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed our lagoon pool and location.

We wish you and your family a Merry Christmas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Greater Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

1st of all we booked through Zuji.com. What we booked and had a receipt for was not what was supplied, however the hotel provided everything I booked the next day after seeing my receipt. Zuji.com at fault not the hotel. I will never use Zuji again.
The apartment 1294 was excellent, very clean, modern with fantastic views North, East, and South. Unfortunately the beds were an absolute shocker, as was the couch. The metal springs could be felt through the bed and when sitting on the couch you almost went to the floor. Except for the furnishings we experienced in our room, the rest of the hotel is 5*, staff were excellent, and its right in the middle of the CBD so only minutes to everything. Excellent variety of restaurants and many of them are great value. The extremely poor quality of the furniture is the only reason I would not stay here again or recommend this hotel

Room Tip: we stayed in Tower one, its quite new and very modern
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your time at the resort and found the staff were excellent. We pride ourselves on our staff customer service and professionalism and are glad to hear it comes across. I am sorry you had an issue with booking through Zuji, but am glad we were able to rectify this.

In regards to the bed and couch in the apartment, I have been in contact with our quality control manager to have this assessed and rectified immediately. We are continuously assessing our apartments and all should be maintained to a 4 star standard so I am concerned about the issues you have raised.

Your description of our location is very accurate. We really are in the heart of Surfers Paradise with everything you could possibly need within walking distance. I am sure when you return to our resort next time you will find the bed and couch so comfortable you wont want to leave the confines of the apartment!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Warning to all WOTIF customers, think again if you are booking your room here. What might look good value dollars wise, i assure you will be treated like you are on the bottom of the barrel in terms of customer service and room allocation.

Don't be fooled that you will get a nice room with a view that you request, a simple request of view of lagoon was met with hostility.

Never again will our family here, there are other hotels on the gold coast under better management then this place, as far as I'm concerned, towers of chevron renaissance is well past its years of recommendation, rooms are clean, mattresses are saggy, paint on walls need upgrading (feature walls), too many rooms under management that is their problem, major management issues!

Be warned!

Room Tip: no point adding anything, you will be allocated a room by customer service end of story!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paul s
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with the service and room you were allocated at the resort. All requests are on a request only basis and cannot be guaranteed. We do our best to provide guests with what they are looking for however it is not always possible when we are running full occupancy like we are at the moment.

The website you use to book your room has nothing to do with the apartments being allocated. In fact when reservations allocate the apartments the day prior to arrival the report does not show how the reservation was made.

I am concerned about the sagging mattress and poor paint. We are in the process of assessing all apartments to endure any necessary upgrades and refurbishments are carried out however all apartments should be maintained to a 4 star standard. I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly with your surname or room number so I can look further into your stay.
07 5584 8100 or stay@chenvrontowers.com.au- Melissa.
Cairns
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Now that we have our bond back, i am able to speak out without fear of ripping us off further. I wrote to the general manager, attempted to ring a number of times, but it appears the only way to get our problems soughted out are through this website. Rude and over bearing bully boy security, a general manager who does not want to face complaints head on and a no contact time between 6pm and 6 am. I am representing 6 other people in writing this review, however they are going to contribute as well. All i want is to speak with the GM about our complaints, but he is too busy hiding. Never again and fix your act up. Please feel free to contact me for more info on vader401@gmail.com for more info. Thankyou trip advisor for giving us an open forum to speak about our experiences, positive and negative. You will see i have in the past written very positive comments about other resorts. This is my first negative.m

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback.

I am horrified by both the name and content of this review. Our general manager is often in and out of the property and is currently on annual leave. Guests complaint/issues are generally handled by our guest relations department. If you would like to contact me directly on 07 5584 8100 or stay@chevrontowers.com.au I would be more than happy to respond to you immediately.
Regards, Melissa
dubai
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Location was great with close proximity to all attractions but poor in house service and lack of bare essentials in gym with no lockers and no soap or towels provided for guests in gym and swimming pools. There was no room service or toilets cleaning provided.

Room Tip: Great location
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear you found the resort to be lacking. As we are a self contained property we do not provide a daily service on apartments, nor do we provide beach/pool towels.

The resort is set up to be a home away from home, we provide an initial amenities pack in each apartment (including soap, bath towels, dishwasher powder etc) however once this has run out guests are expected to replenish this themselves.

I hope that by clarifying that our resort is self contained and not serviced, you will find the resort does provide amenities in every aspect.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely deplorable service, rooms were dirty, faulty appliances, draws that fell on our feet when opening them, beds had bread crumbs on them, paint was peeling from the walls, only provided with 1 roll of toilet paper, no room service came despite being told several times that they will send someone up.Several used condoms on the balcony, empy beer cans littering the bush area infront of the balcony. Manager refused to see us, even after requesting their presence 4 days in a row, ladies at the front were rude and unempathetic. The worst service I have ever experienced, my family couldnt wait to get back home because of this nightmare we had there. DO NOT STAY HERE if you want a nice holiday. Not worth the $200 a night for this crappy place.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Moe_assoum
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your overall stay at the resort. We did have maintenance attend your apartment almost every day of your stay and you did speak with our front office manager on several occasions.

I am also aware on check out that we addressed all issues further and provided relevant compensation which you agreed to and were happy with at the time. It upsets me that your review does not mention any of the lengths we went to, to try and make your stay as comfortable and happy as possible.

For all future guests who may be reading this review, we encourage you to contact reception with any issues and we shall attend to them as soon as physically possible.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Having previously stayed here 4 years ago and having a beautiful clean room, this time I am very dissapointed. Curtains broken and mouldy, windows won't shut properly, hair dryer not working, furniture all dirty, dents in fridge and microwave, mattresses saggy and uncomfortable, walls and ceilings all dirty and stained, mould in bathroom and all light fittings full of bugs. After reading the reviews before staying I thought people were over reacting as I couldn't fault the place first time round. Still love the pools and location but would have to be an exceptional price to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Bellastell
chevrontowers, Front Office Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am sorry to read of your disappointment.
This is certainly not our standard and I would hope that if these issues where reported to reception we rectified these immediately.

I am glad you enjoyed our location and pools.

We would like another chance to welcome you back to Chevron to enjoy a memorable holiday. If you would like to contact us directly on 07 5584 8100 to book your next holiday.