“Family Friendly, Fantastic Location and Great Apartment!”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Melbourne, Australia
“Family Friendly, Fantastic Location and Great Apartment!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We have just come home from a weeks stay and we had a fantastic trip! I was so worried after reading the negative reviews but was pleasantly surprised! The service from all staff was fantastic they were friendly and helpful. The airport transfer service was great and even provided a car seat for our baby, the tour desk lady was wonderful and so lovely to our children and ensured our trip to Dreamworld was great, once again providing car seats for our children. Our apartment was clean and modern and we had fabulous views from each room. The pools are fantastic, gorgeous gardens and lawn areas, amazing lagoon style pool and great bbq facilities. The location is fabulous, everything right there, I cant fault it and would definitely stay again. Thank you for a week of fun and relaxation!

2 Thank Melissa D
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post a review of your stay - we appreciate all feedback, and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us - great comments!

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Not sure what all the negative reviews are about, maybe some people are way too fussy!!! I stayed here for 4 nights with my son. I booked 1 bedroom apartment was upgraded to 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment with partial ocean views overlooking the lagoon pool...... The moment I walked into the unit I was blown away with how clean tidy and spacious it was!! Yes it's alittle run down frayed carpet in spots and of course stains on the carpet but hey what do you expect, some people are pigs and should be more careful you can't expect the owners to lay new carpet every time. The full kitchen was very useable and was a pleasure to cook in. Both bedrooms and living room had opening glass doors onto a good sized balcony to admire the surrounding views whilst eating brekky. The lagoon pool amazing and the spa which my son and I used frequently as it was alittle chilly during our stay was wonderful.... We only used the indoor pool once it was nice and a bonus when I found a sauna in there......I only spoke with reception twice and both times staff were friendly and helpful.... Security around place excellent you can only access lifts pool area etc with your security tag!!!! The location is just perfect short walk to beach and direct access to shops by lift from the pool area. Car parking don't understand why ppl complain about how confusing it is they must be dumb!!! Easy peezy I simply asked at reception when I checked in "where do I park" ? I was told quite clearly what level etc too easy, it's not rocket science.....my son and I enjoyed our stay so much and we wouldn't hesitate to book here again..

Room Tip: Higher up the better with units facing pool and ocean views
1 Thank burniegirls
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review!

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property and were able to find your away around so easily.

We aim to provide a home away from home feel at the resort and from reading your review I am confident that this comes across.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Ive booked to stay in the superior 2 bed apartment in early dec. But after reading all bad reviews I am worried that I may have the sane experience. This is the first time staying in the chevron. .. I'm thinking now should I have booked else where.

• Stayed November 2013
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Hafyouni,

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your booking at our resort. We are constantly assessing all apartments to ensure any necessary upgrades and refurbishments are carried out and all apartments in our control are maintained to a 4 star standard.

our reservations department are lovely and would happily put a request in your booking. I am sure after you spoke with them your mind would be at ease.

It is important to remember that although the reviews on this page are all for apartments inside our resort complex, they aren't all in the control of onsite management. The resort comprises of approximately 700 apartments however only about 370 of them are in our control. the rest are either permanent residents or owners who lease their apartments out privately. For he most part there is no way to distinguish which reviews refer to private apartments and which ones actually stayed with us as onsite management.

Most guests who stay and enjoy their time do not post reviews on here. If you would like to contact us directly regarding your concerns we would be more than happy to speak with you.
bonnyrigg heights
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Just stayed in two bedroom apartment in tower 2. Not even close to the pictures on their website. We stayed on level 34 and the view was amazing but the size of balcony was just tiny. The size of the two bedroom apartment is much smaller then the one bedroom ( i know for a fact as my brother in law was staying at the same time in one bedroom apartment). As we checked in and went to our room with two kids and bags we were greeted by two cleaners ( it was 1pm). The room wasnt cleaned and one of them asked me why were we checked in when the room hasnt been cleaned??? Ummmm not sure?!?! She then went and called someone one the phone in front of me to tell that person " they checked them in again even though cleaning wasnt completed". As you can imagine, the cleaning was just rushed and it showed. The worst part is this- big sticker advising anyone who uses dishwashing liquid in the dishwasher will be charged $50. To avoid this fee i was just using sink. The vacuum cleaner did only had the first part of the hose so i had to bend on my knees to vacuum. There was no dust pan only old and dirty broom. The shower was leaking everywhere so had to keep using two towels on the floor after each shower. The hairdryer didnt work so it took them more than two hours to replace it. The best part of this place is the outdoor pool.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your stay. All of our apartments should be cleaned and then checked by a supervisor before being released for guests check in. The only way a front office staff member can check someone into an apartment is if we have previously been notified the unit is ready. I hope that when you advised reception the cleaning job felt "rushed" that we had housekeeping reattend the apartment to rectify any issues.

The $50 fine will only apply if the hand washing liquid is used in the dishwasher as this causes a malfunction that requires an outside technician to attend. We are in the process of looking clearer wording for the stickers. I'm sorry to hear the vacuum was missing the pole and the shower was leaking. I hope that upon advising reception of these issues we had maintenance attend in a timely manner.

Our lagoon pool is very popular and I am glad to see you made use of it.

Overall I hope you enjoyed your time at the property and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and it was just perfect! It is in the most convenient location; close to shops and main section of Surfers Paradise. Everything was walking distance.
The rooms was great; spacious and comfortable! Everything was quite modern and very clean. Only negative was the actual bath and shower were quite run down with a few whole in the wall and a bit of mould on the shower.
The pool and spa were just sensational with a beautiful view of Surfers Paradise.
Overall, it was sensational and great value for money! Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
chevrontowers, Front Office Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we met all expectations.

We are currently renovating and upgrading apartments to ensure the rooms along with the bathrooms are to standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The room was old and run down and in desperate need of a paint job and new furniture. The coffee table had marks and stains all over it, the dining room chairs, pictures on the walls and lamp shade were all askew.
They even had the gall to debit my credit card (not just take an imprint, but actually take money out) as a 'security' bond!! Of course this is in the fine print of the T & C's when you make the booking!! A joke!! Our Foxtel was turned off on the day of our departure, yet we don't have to check out until 10am. Fair?? No!! No fault of the hotel, however construction works going on on both sides of the hotel from 6am!! Never again will I stay here and will advise family and friends against it too!! Oh, forgot to mention the stinky cushions on the couches! Eeeeewww!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Hohum124
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear the apartment you were allocated were not up to scratch. All apartments should be maintained to a 4 star standard and we are constantly assessing units to ensure any upgrades and refurbishments required are carried out. I am concerned that some how this apartment has slipped through the cracks.

I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly on 07 5584 8100 or stay@chevrontowers.com.au with the surname on the booking or the apartment number so I can arrange a full assessment on this apartment as soon as possible.

Travelers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were going to stay at the Towers of Chevron Renaissance but with all the mix up with the deposits that were taken for the booking and the attitude and rudeness of Melissa, We have decided to go to another location where they will appreciate our stay and are kinder to us

Room Tip: Wish we did have a tip but did not get to stay because of bad attitude
1 Thank Debbie A
chevrontowers, General Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry you felt the need to cancel your booking due to an accounting error. After speaking with both the reservations manager who cancelled your booking and Melissa and I have ascertained that it was an error with a new staff member in the accounting departing attempting to take payments 12 months early as they had not noticed the dates on your booking.

I have read through the notes and can see that Melissa arranged a refund of all excess funds taken as soon as it was brought to her attention and personally spoke to accounts and added several notes to the booking in an attempt to do everything in her power to ensure this mistake did not happen again.

I can also see that Melissa has not had any contact with you or your travelling companion since 10/09/2013 which is when she arranged the refund and guaranteed you a high ocean view at no additional cost as compensation for the accounting error.

It saddens me to hear you will not be travelling, however the statement regarding Melissa's attitude and rudeness appears to be completely incorrect.