“Great place in a central location”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Had a 9 day stay in the central tower on level 32. Room was a two bedroom with one bathroom apartment. Awesome views to the east, west and north, with two balconies. The facilities at the complex are fantastic and everything was kept well cleaned. Service from staff when needed (though not often) was great. Highly recommend the place based on our experience. Made for a perfect week.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Front Office Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay at our resort.
I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We hope to welcome you back to Chevron Towers in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Mantra Towers of Chevron

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We purchased a one bedroom apartment on a 50% off sale. We expected to get a room worth around $200 a night as that was the original price. What we got was the worst room in the hotel, 1st floor overlooking the road. We looked up the hotel on the internet and the room was worth $103 a night. When we complained we were told the "special" was "subject to availability". Well we booked 2 months in advance - how much notice did you need? We were offered an upgrade 2 days into the stay at $100, at our cost for room cleaning. ARE YOU KIDDING! They were unable to tell us what we got for the "50% promotion". False marketing and ripped me off. We would never had stayed here except for the promotion, and then it was false advertising. Would not trust them and don't get sucked into their promotions as they are just trying to fill up the crap rooms.

Room Tip: Don't buy a promotion as they will put you on the 1st level. If you get in late there is no nigh...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DarbyReid
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I apologise if you were unhappy with the allocated apartment. Although we are a high rise building our apartments start from level 1 and go up to level 42. All apartments, regardless of their level, are maintained to a 4 star standard.

The 50% off promotion you booked on is a discount off our standard rack rate so $103 per night is more than 50% off our standard rate of $255 per night. The staff on our front desk are not aware of the promotions offered by our wholesale agents, and the reservations staff are not aware of the price any guest has paid when allocating rooms. We do take everyone's requests into consideration, however no request can be guaranteed.

I am glad to see the staff offered you a room move. The charge of a cleaning fee is standard when a guest requests a room move. Unfortunately an apartment located on a low floor is not grounds for room move. When a guest moves rooms we incur a cleaning fee for both the original room and the second room so in order to cover our costs the guest is required to pay the cleaning fee.

If you have logged onto our website whilst in house and found a rate similar to the promotion you booked on, this does not mean it is our standard rate our that the room is only "worth" this sum, it means that the resort is not full and we have released a last minute reduced rate.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment however I hope you can understand the resort is a large complex with both low and high floors, and the staff have policies and procedures to be followed. From what I can see the only issue you had whilst here was the level your allocated apartment was situated on, I hope that my response has addressed your complaints and put to rest any misconception that booking a promotional rate means a particular level.

I do hope you will return to the resort in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here mid week at a very cheap price. Were upgraded to a two bed apartment, located on 4th floor. Apartment was clean apart from some marks on the walls - that didnt really bother us! Apartment had every thing required in terms of kitchen ware. Pool area was gorgeous even if we did leave it too late to go for a swim, and the sun was gone in. Location is ideal, walking distance to everywhere, Shops, supermarket, cafe, chemist etc located in the complex downstairs. Showers and bathroom were clean and great pressure in shower. Lots of parking at no charge. All on all great stay and value for money.

1  Thank Nicotot1
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found the hotels location convenient to all local attractions and eateries.
We hope to welcome you back to Chevron Towers in the near future!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We are currently staying here for a week, we were worried about staying here because off the reviews we had read. As soon as we checked it was great reception lovely no issues with staff at all, got to our room n was amazed so clean not a thing outta of place, our sliding door didn't lock but went to reception n with in 5mins had maintenance come up n fix it :).. only bad thing we can fault is the curtains they are stained badly on bad thing.. pools are amazing, views off the conalsare spectacular and location is perfect short walk to the beach n all the shops u need close by for the amount we paid we are very happy :) dont
always go by what u hear or read..

3  Thank kristen w
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review Kristen, we are so pleased to read this.
It is so wonderful that you have taken the time to write this review to show other readers of our true standards here at Chevron. I am so glad we are ticking all the boxes for a memorable holiday!
Please call down to reception and notify us of your room number and we can have the curtains cleaned straight away.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday with us and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here for three nights and was very disappointed.
My room was unclean - mould on the bathroom ceiling, liquid splattered on the kitchen cupboards and glass cabinet, mould growing in the mugs, rings from cups on dining room table and lounge room table, dining room table dirty and all six chairs badly stained. The carpet was filthy.
I complained and the room was recleaned but I wasn't happy with it so I was offered another room.
This was more acceptable - although I sat on the couch and a dirty cotton bud popped out from between the cushion and when I put my daughter to bed there was a hairball about 20 cm long just poking out from under the bed.
I wish I hadn't wasted my money staying here.

1  Thank louised085
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear there was a cleaning issue with your apartment. I do remember you staying with us and I have taken this up with the head of housekeeping to find out how and why this occurred.

There should certainly not have been any issues with the second apartment you were allocated and I apologise if this was the case. I shall be discussing the procedures with all housekeeping teams. All apartments should be cleaned and then checked by a supervisor so I my goal is to work out how we are being let down and ensure it is corrected for all future guests.

I would appreciate the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the resort in the future to experience what a true stay at chevron should be like.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was so worried about staying here after reading so many negative reviews especially as its for my 40th so it had to be all it claimed. However all fears disappeared as soon as I checked in. Reception girl was a sweetheart. Unit was upgraded to my grateful surprise to a two bedroom rather than one and its beautiful. I can see some truth in other reviews about the age of the building yet you get what you pay for. Room is lovely as I sit here now watching the scenery. Gorgeous grounds. Very clean. Brilliant location. And even the cleaner said hi so not sure how so many other reviews stated the staff were rude etc. Stoked we have three nights here and glad we chose this hotel. Parking was easy for us too. I can see how many would get lost though but hey. That's being on holidays. It's all part of the adventure. Maybe we got lucky with our room yet I can't see others being too different from ours.

1  Thank TraceyJaneM

Thank you for your great review Tracey, it is so pleasing to read.

It is a shame that more guests who enjoy there stay with us do not write reviews. We are so grateful that you took the time to write your review to show other readers that we are 4 Star resort with exceptional customer service and world class facilities.
Thank you again for your feedback. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

First off all the front desk people were not friendly at all and so rude. Found our bed sheets with holes on it (all three beds).They just left one sheet in the room without changing it. Asked for more towels because the towels were so small and was told to go down to reception and get them, which i think it was rude, (we didn't pay $600 to stay there and expect us to go and get the towels our self, never been to a hotel before that does this) got there and got told the towels were $2 each,seriously?? We just paid $600 just to stay here and now we have to pay $2 for a towel.
The bathroom was disgusting it had hair on the floor when we checked in and so was the store room where you store the vacuum (vacuum that doesn't work). The dryer wasn't working as well, maintenance came and fixed it and it stopped working again the next day.We stayed for a week and we were only provided with one toilet paper, and one baking tray (this is not on)
The pool area was nice and clean but had to walk was too far from our room and no towels was provided at the pool area.
I did not enjoy staying here and i will not be returning back here at all.
GREAT location though!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your review Jsuaniu, I am sorry to read of your disappointment. It is with your feedback that we are able to ensure that our property may continue to provide our guests with a holiday they will not forget.

The cleaning standard of your apartment is certainly not our standard here at Chevron and I am shocked to read this. If you can email me directly on stay@chevrontowers.com.au with your Surname or room number and I will be able to contact our housekeeping department to ensure this does not happen again.

The apartment is supplied with all initial amenities upon arrival. We do not supply pool towels. All apartments have a washing machine and dryer. As we are not serviced apartments only the initial supply is in the apartment. Any additional supplies does not to purchased by the guest.

Again I am sorry for your disappointment and that this has effected your time at the resort. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our location and resort facilities.