Mantra Towers of Chevron
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
$138
$100
  • Beachfront
$305
$139
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$133
  • Beachfront
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
$73
$68
  • Restaurant
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$163
$143
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$130
$84
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Restaurant
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$263
$99
  • Pool
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$126
$95
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
$104
$99
Travelocity
5,093 results
All reviewsgreat locationcoles supermarketindoor poolfamily holidaybathroom apartmentshopping centrethe gold coastgreat facilitiesgames roomgreat familygreat place to staycentral locationcar parkingocean viewbbq areaamazing viewsfloor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 6 nights and to be honest I was very nervous after booking given the latest reviews. We arrived at the apartments at 11:00pm knowing that there was late check in, pressed the buzzer and the buzzer kept beeping at Us?? Luckily there were people waiting inside who let us inside the doors. We headed to reception and following instructions to us phone, it automatically called through to after hours service who asked a couple of questions and advised the pin to access a specific numbered box with instructions and room key inside. We got a little confused which entrance to use for parking at first even though instructions were very specific, had no trouble finding a parking spot on the first night (Wednesday). The reception, entrance ways, lifts and halls were beautiful, very modern. Security was fantastic, could only access room and facilities that were applicable to us which provided extra peace if mind. When nearing our room we could smell a very strong paint smell which got worse when we entered which must have been noticible to the cleaner as the balcony door was left ajar to let in fresh air. The two bedroom one bathroom apartment was lovely, quite basic but modern The main bedroom had a queen bed and other room had two singles with extra bedding in cupboards. The apartment had full kitchen, washing machine, dryer, ironing board, iron, washing basket, vacuum cleaner, flat screen tv (in lounge only) shower over bath, and coffee facilities. All furniture seemed new and beds super comfy. We guess that all the room floor/door trims/doors were freshly painted with fumey laminate paint as the smell did not leave during our entire stay and seemed more prominent when smelling these areas of apartment. There was also sanding dust at top of shower screen and on hair dryer. I did mention the strong smell to reception and her comment was "wow that's weird" when asking if safe to leave all balcony doors ajar to make it nicer for our return. She mentioned that she would send someone up to look at ability to lock sliding doors open (needed additional key to do this) to make our valuables more safe but did not hear anything more about it and was not fixed upon our return so doors were left open all day :( as we did late check in I had to go down to check in to reception properly at this time a $200 bond was held on my credit card, I was asked if I required another key, and was advised to come back in a few hours to collect as new programming needed to be done on security fob?? There is a large amount of car parking, quite a few say no parking/reserved and only had issues on Saturday night trying to find space, got one on the third floor :) There is 4 lifts which do a fantastic job, so fast!! It is only a very short stroll to the beach of which has night markets regularly, right near the mall and supermarket/shops underneath which was very handy. The indoor pools heat fluctuated from one day to the next, two of the nights it was extremely cold, spa was toasty warm :) there is an outdoor spa also which is lovely but unfortunately found it on the last night as it sits behind the beach pool. The undercover BBQ facilities equipped with electric bbqs, scrapers, sinks and lounges was lovely, can imagine sitting there watching the sunset eating dinner. A children's playground was next to pool and grassed area. These apartments are not ongoingly serviced without cost, but for the great deal we got on our stay we were more than happy to wash and dry our own towels, buy washing up/laundry liquid and toilet paper. We will Definately be staying here again if given the same type of deal next time, only reason for 4stars is due to the smell in our room which did make it unpleasant of a night with headaches and sore throats the next morning. Our room was 3081 on the 8th floor and provided nice views.

• Stayed: August 2013
chevrontowers, Owner at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for your informative review. We are delighted you and your family had a great stay.
I have looked into your booking and can see some of the walls had been painted the week prior. We are currently assessing all apartments and contacting the owners for upgrades and refurbishments. I apologise that the smell was still in the apartment for your stay. The lady at reception was correct in telling you we needed to program your fob – it was a new key and we needed to match the fob with the room key.
Thank you again for your feedback. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was travelling with three children and staying for 8 days. I chose this place because it was close to the main beach, it had free parking and walking distance from a supermarket so I could do the shopping easily.
I had the 38 th floor centre apartment with a view of the hinterland...or whatever they call it but not the ocean. At first I was tempted to get the room changed then remembered about the street noise issue so I was glad to stay higher up...turns out it was a good call. It still had city noise but nothing like the bottom 25 floors.

The apartment smelled badly of cleaning chemicals and the bed side draws were really really dusty. I complained and they said they could do something about it but I just cleaned it myself...it took two days for the small of the cleaning stuff to disappear.

The place is run with skeleton staff levels but they are very nice and as helpful as can be...if I was expecting a 4-5 star experience I would have been disappointed but I adjusted my expectations based on the room price and I found it to be totally acceptable.

the coles super market and bottle store were just a walk away and were super handy

Room Tip: Go high to avoid room noise from the street and don't going during schoolies week!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, General Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thanks for your insight! We are very pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay in the resort and your visit to Surfers Paradise. The Towers of Chevron Renaissance is extremely well located with everything you need at your doorstep. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 28 year old daughter and we all loved it. We were up on the 18th floor so the views were lovely. We were right in the centre of everything with just a 5 minute walk to the beach. The complex is amazing and the security very reassuring. The pool and leisure facilities including beach, were on the 5th floor and were amazing. It was winter when we were there so we didn't get to use the facilities much but we would love to go back in the summer. Our apartment was very clean and comfortable although the furniture was not of the highest quality and I would have preferred the kitchen to be better stocked with better quality cutlery, crockery etc.. Having said that, we did manage with what we were given but it would have been nice to even have had some proper sized mugs to drink out of.
There is a LOT of construction work going on in Surfers at the moment as they are updating the road and tram systems so it was a bit noisy by 7am but we are early risers so it didn't bother us too much. The staff were very pleasant and helpful too.
We still very much enjoyed our stay and would go again.

Room Tip: Check the roadworks
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

We are so happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.
We pride ourselves on our central location and our world class facilities.
The construction of the light rail is due to be completed soon and it surely will be a great feature to the Gold Coast.
Thank you again for taking the time to write your review
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the Gold Coast.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Sadly was a very disappointing 2 night stay. From the moment we arrived at 2pm to check in, was just the beginning. Room not ready, will ring you when it is. 2.45pm no call! Went back to reception to be told it was ready, bad customer service. Couldn't find room, so asked not so helpful service staff - in the end we found it ourselves after 1/2 hour of wondering around - now know why it was hard to find. On entry filthy worn furniture - heavily marked walls - carpet stained and dirty - dirty balcony - snails crawling up glass doors and windows and to top it off we were allocated a room down a side street with a huge crane as our view. 11pm music from nightclub continued till 5am - no sleep. Wanted to cook breakfast but couldn't - frypan dirty - was covered in grease all around the base and inside, not here to clean up after last people who stayed. Enough was enough. Husband went down to reception at opening time (8am) and asked to be relocated - young chap was nice enough to agree without hesitation (obviously already knew about the state of this room) told that we would be relocated into central tower and will receive a call at 12pm to let us know when new room is ready - no call. Called reception to be told room wont be ready till 2pm but 10 minutes later we relocated. New room was clean and more comfortable apart from peeling furniture. Won't be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank manunited47
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your allocated apartment. I have contacted our Quality Control Officer and Maintenance Manager to arrange a full assessment on this apartment and contact the owner regarding any necessary upgrades and refurbishments needed.

There should certainly have not been any cleaning issues with the apartment and I am pleased to read that we were able to reallocate your apartment. Unfortunately traffic noise is one of the draw backs when staying right in the heart of a busy town like Surfers Paradise.

I would love the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the resort to experience what a true stay at Chevron Towers should be like. Please contact me directly for any future bookings on 07 5584 8100 or stay@chevrontowers.com.au

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have just returned from my stay at the towers of chevron, tower 3 and this place was mind baffling, i don't know how anyone can put guests in a hotel room with a lounge in the state that the one was in this apartment (see pics below). It belongs in the tip not in an apartment. When i called down to reception to complain they said they would try and replace it. They didn't try very hard as that was the last i heard of it, we used the chairs from the balcony to sit on or the dining room chairs.
The bathroom was also dirty and the soap holder was ripped off the wall and this hadn't just happened as there were rusty bolts from where it had been attached.
I booked to stay 2 nights and by the 2nd night was ready to check out, went down to reception at 5.30 pm as reception closing hours were 6pm and there was no one around. People who were trying to book in were left on hold on a phone waiting to find out how to get a key to their room, if they couldn't get a key or reception to meet them, what hope did i have. When i was returning to my room two people in the lift that had managed to check in found that there lift key didn't even work,a helpful security gaurd got them to there floor at least and he didn't know why the reception had closed so early either.
Also the carpark was a nightmare, we were told we could park in any spaces that didn't have a reserved or no parking sign on them, there were 5 no parking spaces to one space without a sign. Extremely difficult to find a park.
The outdoor pool area was lovely and true to the pictures you see on the site, however the indoor 25 meter pool that has an equally beautiful view was freezing cold not heated at all.
I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay on the gold coast as there are plenty of other options available at either a cheaper price or equal to the price that have way better reviews.
Or maybe i should have checked the reviews on trip advisor (which i normally do) but have stayed in a few places on the coast and haven't had any problems. Mantra crown towers is superb by the way :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank skigirll
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I have been in touch with our head of maintenance and quality control officer regarding the couch in the apartment. I have been informed that the couch are not all that old and still covered under warranty and we have arranged for this to be replaced. It would appear that it is a manufacturing fault within the bonded leather. We replaced several sofas in the complex at the same time and so we are doing everything we can to have them all replaced as soon as possible. Reception did contact maintenance to see if we had any spare couches in stock however unfortunately we do not as they are all on order and yet to be delivered. Reception tried calling the apartment after speaking with maintenance however there was no answer.

We have a large carpark with enough spaces for 1-2 vehicles per apartment. The private and reserved spaces are for permanent residents.

The indoor pool is heated year round however the lap pool is not. Perhaps you had these 2 pool confused. I apologise if there was no one to help you, however reception closes at 5pm on a Sunday.

We have housekeeping and maintenance crews on site to assist with any issues that may arise (such as the bathroom). this should have been corrected very promptly when advised to reception.

I hope you will choose to return to the resort in the future to experience what a true stay at Chevron Resort should be like.