“Terrible”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Perth, Australia
“Terrible”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Horrible old apartment. Dirty. Wouldn't stay here again. Cost big money. Got told it wasn't the worst on Gold Coast and I should be happy with what I got. They did how ever refund me one nights accommodation because hey agreed it was not up to standard. Avoid Avoid

2 Thank Timwils0n
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback Tim.

I apologise if you did not enjoy your stay at the property. I do remember you being at the resort as I processed the refund for you. Our quality Control Officer and Maintenance Manager have carried out a full assessment on the apartment you were allocated and have been in contact with the owner to arrange the necessary upgrades and refurbishments.

I apologise for what your agent said to you regarding the accommodation. It is certainly not our standard here at Chevron to tell people they should just be happy with what they got. We strive to ensure all guests are happy and comfortable during their stay.

I hope that you will return to our Resort to experience what a true stay at Chevron Towers should be like. Please contact me directly for any future bookings on stay@chevrontowers.com.au or 07 5584 8100.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was looking forward to our stay at the Towers having been here almost 8 years earlier. We booked a 3 bedroom apartment and ended up on the 22 floor. Maddi at the front desk was pleasant. When I arrived to my room (1221) I noticed that the door to the front was adjar (this was at 6pm).....I called back Maddi who sent security up to investigate. The apartment was a major disappointment....tired looking and I had to set the baby cot up myself - far from luxury. The only thing that was new in the apartment was the black leather couch.....no tv in the main bedroom.....one lamp on the side table in the main bedroom with blood stains on the inside of the lamp shade...the beds were made nicely however the finish was incomplete as you could see the bottom part of the mattresses base). Unfortunately we will not stay at the towers again as the apartment was tired looking and dirty....not good enough.....certainly not luxury....the bad reviews on trip advisor hit the nail on the head. Could not wait to get home.

1 Thank A S
Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your allocated apartment. I have contacted our Quality Control Officer and Maintenance Manager to arrange a full assessment on this apartment and contact the owner regarding any necessary upgrades and refurbishments needed.

There should certainly have not been any cleaning issues with the apartment and I would hoper that when they were reported to reception in the morning we were able to have these rectified immediately.

As all of our apartments are self contained, we do not set up port a cots or rollaway beds. They are left in the apartment for the guest so they can choose where in the apartment they are placed.

I am glad you found Maddi to be pleasant and helpful, however I am sorry to hear that overall you were disappointed

I would love the opportunity to personally welcome you back to he resort to experience what a true stay at Chevron Towers should be like. Please contact me directly for any future bookings on 07 5584 8100 or stay@chevrontowers.com.au
Brisbane, Queensland.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband has been working at Surfers Paradise and has been staying at hotels each week while working there. He has spent 4 weeks at this hotel and I spend a few nights a week there with him. Its a great spot, so close to restaurants, shops and cafes and the beach and has great facilities. The pools are awesome and spa and plenty of space for everyone. Not crowded so that is good. The apartments are great and clean and have good facilities and views are excellent across the coast and beach. Would recommend for sure!

Room Tip: beach/ ocean view for sure
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad to see you enjoyed the time spent at our resort with your husband. Adding a little enjoyment to a work trip is always nice.

Your are right in your description of our location, we really are right in the heart of everything! Our resort facilities are world class and I am glad you made good use of them.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
kempsey
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in a 3 bedroom apartment on the 32nd floor. The first night the noise was so bad that we were up all night, as it was a Thursday night we only imagined what the weekend noise would be like. We had a 15 month with us and she was awake because of the noise, by 3.00 in the morning with the noise still going we were desperate, So as soon as reception opened we asked if we could change rooms, we were initially told they were fully booked and maybe if I had an extra glass of wine of wore earplugs it may help, I did not find that amusing after a night of no sleep. Another receptionist found that there was one apartment we could move to, which we hurriedly did. The only way we survived was to put the babies cot in the walk in wardrobe, as it was not on an outside wall, and she was able to sleep through, for the rest of us we just had to put up with the noise. I will never stay here in the future, we were travelling with other family and it was very difficult as we were in different towers and our key did not allow access to another floor. The apartment was in need of a makeover, the bathroom was full of mould, no bath plug meant we bathed the baby in the laundry tub. Furniture was old and the carpet was badly stained. The common areas were of a high standard, the heated pool which was one of the reasons we booked here was cold. We all suffered from a lack of sleep and that certainly makes a big difference to your holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your review, this is certainly disappointing to read
This is certainly not the service we pride ourselves on. Unfortunately traffic noise is one of the draw backs when staying right in the heart of a busy town like Surfers Paradise. We have recently been fully booked with school holidays however I am glad we were able to satisfy your request for another apartment, however I am concerned about the apartment you were allocated. I would like to arrange an assessment to be done by our Maintenance Manager and Quality Control Officer. If you could contact me directly on stay@chevrontowers.com.au with the apartment number or the surname on the booking that would be greatly appreciated.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here before the Gold Coast marathon, and had a number of problems across the whole weekend. We had TVs that didn't work (and had to be replaced by maintenance) and sinks that wouldn't drain. We had balcony doors that were off their hinges and couldn't be locked, and elevator fobs that stopped working. We had a random guest of the hotel come into our rooms while all but one of us was asleep using an official key, to 'look around for his phone' with the blessing of hotel management. And unfortunately, it took having three people go to reception to clear up the multiple maintenance issues we had with the room, as we received no response from multiple calls to the front desk without showing up in person.

While it's a handy location and has plenty of amenities, the customer service and focus on detail in this venue is disappointingly lacking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jared W
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear you had several maintenance issues with the apartment you were allocated. All maintenance issues are logged for maintenance and then they attended to in order of priority/urgency.

I am sorry it took several calls/visits to reception for your issues to be addressed. It should have been logged on the very first phone call and any subsequent should have been followed up with a call to maintenance for an estimated time for them to attend the apartment.

There should certainly not be anyone entering your apartment to search for any item. Standard procedure is that we contact housekeeping for lost items as they would have be found during cleaning. We would certainly not have sent anyone to your apartment with a key and I am both sorry and disturbed to hear this has happened.

This is certainly not the standards we expect here at Chevron Towers and I will certainly be addressing all of these issues with our front line staff.

I hope you will not be deterred from returning to the resort in the future. I would like to opportunity to personally welcome you back to the resort in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Being the third time staying at Chevron Towers we were looking forward to our luxury apartment .
We were allocated a two bedroom unit on the 32nd floor. The apartment was a let down, not what we have stayed in, in the past. The apartment was pretty basic, like a standard kiwi small town motel, not a luxury resort. T.V remotes could not change channel even when we brought new batteries. Curtain in bedroom was hanging of track, sliding door stuck and pretty tired decor.
We made our thoughts to reception, being GC marathon week end the place was full, we insisted we get another room, after speaking to a second receptionist, There was a room available and upon viewing it I can say it was totally better than our first room.
So if you are booking a apartment here may be get a video of the room you will be allocated, not the broucher shot!,
Other wise it's a fine place, central to shops, transport, beach and restaurants...

Room Tip: See if you can get video or photos of actual room you are allocated in your booking.
2 Thank Andrew S
Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad we were able to satisfy your request for another apartment, however I am concerned about the apartment you were originally allocated. I would like to arrange an assessment to be done by our Maintenance Manager and Quality Control Officer. If you could contact me directly on stay@chevrontowers.com.au with the apartment number or the surname on the booking that would be greatly appreciated.

I am glad you enjoyed the resorts location and facilities and do hope you will not be deterred from returning to our property in the future.
Auckland
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our experience with this hotel was extremely disappointing. The reception staff’s being unwelcoming was the least of our problems. We were accused of damaging an item and charged a very high price despite ongoing discussion and dispute over the matter. This would have been understandable if this had been actually done by us, however it had not. With no evidence they had charged our credit cards. We feel this cheap tactic to scrape money off your guests is absolutely disgusting. We would never recommend Chevon Renaissance to anybody.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank probes28
Thank you for your taking the time to write your review probes28,
This is certainly not the service we pride ourselves on.
I have spoken to our front line staff in regards to your card being charged for damages and would like to hear from you directly to investigate this matter. Please email fo1@chevrontowers.com.au with your surname and room number