New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Central location, big apartments” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Towers of Chevron

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Wollongong
“Central location, big apartments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Brilliant central location. 2 bd-2 bath apartment are very generous In size. Plenty of room for 2 couples or a family. We were in the NorthTower, it has direct access to shopping mall underneath. Spectacular views of Surfers Paradise. There are plenty of eateries within 500m radius. The apartments are equipped with kitchen, dining, Lounge, bathroom, en-suite and laundry facilities.
The amenities are great, the pool in the sky is cool, more sun lounges would be good. The indoor heated pool in the South tower is great when the sun isn't out. The gym is good, not very big though, but its enough. By the pool there are easy to use BBQ's, and there is security around the clock keeping an eye on everything. This resort is for families rom the mini playground to the sand beach by the poo. If I were on a romantic weekend away or Honeymoon, I would stay somewhere a little quieter. Shops are directly underneath, or a 10 min walk away is Cavill Ave.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise. The NorthTower has direct access to shopping centre, and to pool. We...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for your informative review. It is so great to read and very helpful for future guests.

I have to agree with all that was said. We are centrally located with everything within walking distance. If you don’t want to leave the resort we have plenty to keep you entertained.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed at Towers of Chevron Renaissance during the long weekend. Considering the reviews below, I was apprehensive about my stay. However, my stay was better than expected. Now for the positives. Firstly, I was so happy my apartment in Tower 3 was on a higher floor, the 13th floor to be precise. The view from my apartment was of Chevron Island. I was hoping for an ocean view but I was happy with this view as well. The location is also superb. Very close to supermarkets, restaurants and shops. Easy walking distance to them and the beach. It was also very convenient that the bus stop we needed to go to in order to catch the bus to Sea World and Movie World was only across the street.

The negatives I experienced were not too bad. I found it strange that there was no-one at the reception desk after 6pm. In my opinion, there should have been better instructions to get room keys as there were other bewildered guests when I arrived with my family. I also didn't enjoy hearing other guests walking to their apartments in the middle of the night. I don't blame Towers for this though. Overall not too bad an experience, would probably stay again due to the location and convenience.

Room Tip: Higher floors are recommended. Even though I liked my view of Chevron Island, I recommend visitors g...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad you were happy with the apartment. I am sorry we were unable to accommodate your request for an ocean view on this occasion however I am glad you enjoyed the view you did have. Location wise, we really do have it made. Everything is just a stone's throw of our doorstep.

Unfortunately we do not have a 24 hour reception. Reception hours are from 8am til 6pm 7 days a week. People do not usually have any problems using the after hours service and I apologise if there was some break down in communication on your arrival date and yourself and other guests found this difficult.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Loved the accomodation, close to all the attractions and amenities
has a coles supermarket dowstairs, Car park was like a rabbit warren - not well signed
we parked on level 2, - in the lift it did not show there was a carpark on that floor unlike lvl 3,4,5 so the first day we lost the car, but found it eventually
The pool was good for eveyone.
The bathroom was spacious although the shower door did not have a handle
The kitchen was good, although the kitchen tap was not fixed to the sink properly - just a little maintenance required

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

I have passed your feedback regarding the carpark signage onto the body corporate to look into.

I am glad to see you enjoyed our facilities and your apartment was spacious. I am sorry to hear some maintenance was required. When reception are advised this should be attended to promptly as we have on site maintenance crews. If you did not advise reception whilst you are here please contact us directly on stay@chevrontowers.com.au and advise of your apartment number so I can have these issues correctly immediately.
Overall I am glad to see your made good use of our location and facilities and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Very good apartments, located in central Surfers Paradise.

Positive
- Great views on upper floors
- Coles/Liquorland in the building
- Easy access to Surfers nightlife and restaurants
- Great balconies

Negative
- Room quality inconsistent (most Queensland buildings are similar due in individual ownership)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your review mrcharters,

We are always happy to hear people have enjoyed their time at our resort. You are correct when describing the property and the fact that we are centrally located with all facilities at your door step. Our pool area and facilities are world class and certainly very family friendly.
We are currently in the process of assessing the quality of all apartments and taking necessary steps to ensure a satisfactory room quality.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

At booking in I saw a note not to let us book in until after 2pm as the curtains were being hung
When we got to the unit there were no curtains, we spoke to reception who told us there was nobody in the building to do it and they would leave a note for the next day. Needless to say we did not get curtains, which resulted in early morning wake up. The unit was on the 35th floor and was very shabby, the showers had mould in the grout, the couches were very worn and had springs sticking in the cushions, One of the beds did not have a bedspread, It was noisy even being on a high floor, there was a smell of cigarette smoke all the time. And the biggest TURN OFF was the $200 authority on my credit card was not returned in the time frame given, which left the funds frozen in my account. I had to ring them and spoke to 2 different people who gave me different information, to get a copy of the return authority to take to my bank. I have stayed in lots of other Hotels on the Gold Coast and never had the funds frozen in my account. I will never stay at this hotel again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review Shona,

I am certainly disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I am investigating with our maintenance department in regards to the curtains. This is certainly not our standards here at Chevron Towers.
All guests are required to provide a credit card pre authorisation or a $200 cash deposit on arrival to cover any miscellaneous charges.

Travelers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Coffs Harbour, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Consistently good, apartments in this complex are roomy (we had a 2br) and neat, though some are in need of a touch up. Great location - although we have been avoiding surfers for the past few years preferring Broadbeach, the location and amenities of this complex are hard to beat. With 7 or 8 restaurants in the complex, a supermarket and plenty more restaurants within a 5 min walk, you can't go too far wrong.

Good rates at the moment with plenty of vacancies in Surfers, plenty of parking (go to the upper levels) and the kids will love the pool area

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
chevrontowers, Front Office Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, June 6, 2013

I am thrilled to read of your recent enjoyable experience at Chevron Towers.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the location and experienced all that we have to offer here including our amazing outdoor lagoon pool.

I do hope we are able to welcome you and your family back in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our family recently returned from a lovely trip to the Gold Coast. We were very happy with our room in Tower 3. Great views of the ocean with the room being suitably well appointed. We've stayed at alot of holiday apartments throughout the country and I will have to say this room was one of the best presented rooms we have stayed in. My wife is particularly fussy when it comes to hygiene and she couldn't fault a thing. Great swimming pool for the kids. Loved the sand! Thought the gym was a little small for the size of the facility. But really, you shouldnt be training on holidays! Ladies at reception were very pleasant and helpful throughout our stay. The location is superb with the main shops, beach, bars and restaurants at your finger tips! Sort of wouldnt want to stay anywhere else......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you so much for contributing this review to our Trip Advisor site.

I am so pleased that you had such an amazing time with us.
Thank you for your notes on the presentation of the room and the hygiene. I will be sure to share this feedback with all the team here.

We really appreciate you sharing this feedback so that fellow travellers know what type of experience to expect from Chevron Towers.