Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I decided this year to stay in central surfers paradise for the family theme park holiday base mainly because of an outstanding deal on HotelClub.com, approximately $120 per night - two bedroom, two bathroom apartment. This was directly with the hotel, not private apartments. I had contemplated staying at the Towers before because it always looked so nice, but could never justify the extra cost. This time around no excuses. We stayed for 8 nights on the 32nd floor, Tower Two, Ocean view. The Apartment was nice, quite compact, but big enough for a family. We arrived late, and while it was a little challenging getting to tower two, we eventually made it. Make sure you take the time to read the instructions, as it is a large hotel, and the reception is located under Tower 1. The theme park holiday has to be planned fairly tightly to squeeze out every ounce of enjoyment, 5 theme parks, 8 days, and Dreamworld really requires two days now, but we still had some time enjoy the facilities at the hotel. 25M Indoor pool was nice, plenty of space and outdoor area was nice too, but pool isn't heated so a little chilly, but Spa was nice when it got too cold. Oldest daughter used the gym. Probably the best aspect of the hotel was it's location. I had never stayed in central surfers before (previously stayed Broadwater and Broadbeach), and I didn't realise the shops are open till late every night. Several evenings the girls and I just wandered around all the surf shops and restaurants, and down to the beach, complete with its own market. We were all quite surprised. I think sometimes the measure of a good hotel is that you don't remember it, because it serves it's function and allows you to get on with the rest of your holiday, and the Towers was just that. It was an excellent base for the Gold Coast theme park holiday, theme parks not too far away, and also close to Harbour Town for discount shopping, with a few luxuries. If you can get a good deal I would definately recommend it. While public transport on the Gold Coast is good I would definately also recommend a hire car, very convenient for around $30 per day, particularly if theme parking. As a tip don't pay the excess reduction premium with the car hire firm, instead take out a domestic travel policy with someone like QBE or Australia Post. I took out a policy with Australia Post (yes they do insurance now) for about $60, which covers rental excess upto about $3,000, plus you also get a heap of other things covered like an international policy, much better value for money.

Room Tip: Each tower has it's own pro's and con's, as far as proximity to things. I asked to stay...
1  Thank TravellerFromTAS
chevrontowers, Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Your caption says it all - "Excellent Location, Good Experience."
Your review really does help when other guests are trying to make that hard decision of where will best suit their holiday needs! We are a popular destination for family groups for the very reasons you mentioned. It really does look like you got to experience all of the Gold Coast attractions.
Thank you for taking the time to write such an informative review.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,774)

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We purchased the room through a deal on wotif, so got a great price.
A little bit of a mix up with the bed set up with the room although though. (We booked a 2 bedroom , 2 bathroom apartment through WOTIF and paid the extra for the upgraded option of two double bed bedrooms. When we entered though the second bedroom contained 2 single beds).
The staff were great, very helpful and gave us the option of 2 other rooms. Unfortunately the views in these were not as good so we thanked them all the same and stayed in the original.
The room and facilities were great. Two balconies with front on ocean views.
Main bedroom had a huge twin walk in wardrobe that led through to the ensuite which was bigger than most main bathrooms. Quite modern, double basin with modern fixtures.
The pool and spa facilities were also great. Man made beach, with sand lining the shallow area of pool. Also indoor heated pool, spa and sauna for colder weather. Gym. Playground. Great for kids and families.
Our room in tower two (if only I could recall our room number) overlooked the pool area below and it almost felt as though we were in the tropics of Fiji, or a Balinese resort. We also had great views of the beach.
We holidayed in May. No problem at all with other guests or young partiers as I have often found in locations like this.
Shopping is accessible as soon as you step outside the lobby. Coles supermarket also extremely close which was handy as we did not have to enter out on the street at night if we wanted to grab anything. It was just a matter of taking the elevator to the ground floor.
Extremely safe and secure, onsite security who monitor all areas if the building. Not that I ever had fears but it does make you feel looked after.

I would perhaps try your best to avoid during 'schoolie' season due to the location only.

The only thing I could fault was the room, while clean, had a few things overlooked. Kids grotty marks all over the balcony doors from dirty hands. And also found coloured tic tacs between cushions on the couch, under bed and also noticed more on the floor as we pulled the curtains.
(This is being picky I know).

All in all, I would strongly recommend Towers of Chevron, and would without a doubt stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.
We are always happy to hear people have enjoyed their time at our resort. You are correct when describing the property and the fact that you certainly don't feel like you are right in the heart of Surfers Paradise. Our pool area and facilities are world class and certainly very family friendly.

I am sorry if there were tic-tac's in the apartment. This certainly shouldn't have been the case and I shall bring it up with housekeeping at our next meeting. In terms of the bedding I am sorry you did not get the 2 queen beds. Majority of our 2 bedroom apartments are 1 queen and 2 singles. We can add the request for housekeeping to put the beds together as a queen however we do not have an option to pay extra and guarantee the bedding.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

As a person with mobility issues i was a bit daunted staying in such a big complex i usually stay in more intimate low rise apts. but having received a very good deal i thought why not? And why not indeed!!. The apt we stayed in was immaculate all the amenities u could ask 4 and more and everything was spotless .The balcony was roomy and the views 2 die 4 . We hired a car and with basement car parks from experience they can be dark smelly places hard 2 manoeuvre around in and many places they charge xtra 4 parking but not here Ample space even with bigger cars 2 move around in and it was bright secure and no smells wotsoever! Even though u get no designated parking space understandable 4 such a big complex we had no problem in finding a parking spot. The outdoor facilities likewise were immaculate the lagoon pool and spa and bbq area were impressive as was the large indoor pool and spa and the gym was all good. As is evident from my review i really enjoyed staying here and would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: As the apts are individually owned its hard 4 me 2 comment on the other apts but we had no issues wo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

WOW, Thank you for you Kris.
It is so great to read you got to make full use of all our facilities.
Knowing you enjoyed yourselves enough to take the time to write us a review is a great feeling -thank you. We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very secure and centrally located Chevron Rennaisance is well appointed with all the mod cons. I stayed three nights in late May and the hotel was busy. I did feel however for a newer establishment that it was very tired - doors scratched up, walls marked, couch had all sorts of detritus in the crevices, glass covered in hand prints, bathroom tiles obviously replaced but not quite matching the originals - all little sins that room 3127 has been trashed over and over again and never quite recovered to its full as new status which is clearly why it was $125 a night.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Averag E
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

We are currently in the process of assessing all apartments for any necessary upgrades and refurbishments.

Scratches on the doors and frames as well as marks on the walls are considered usual wear and tear on a holiday unit due to people’s bags and luggage.

The assessment carried out on apartment 3127 yesterday does show some things are required to return it to its full glory. We have made contact with the owner and are currently in the process of booking it all in with the tradesmen.

I hope that this has not deterred you from returning to our resort and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We are not due to stay here until August, but due to check-in.com (who we booked through) going into liquidation, I have been in contact with Meghan and Melissa from Chevron Towers.
They have been so helpful and courteous, can't wait to meet them in August.
Just hoping for a refund for funds paid in advance to Check-in, nothing to do with chevron Towers

Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for posting your comments.
Melissa and I are so pleased to read this. We look forward to welcoming you and making your stay a memorable holiday.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We enjoyed our a hassle-free stay in the main building/central. The 2 bedroom was clean, spacious and had a good view. Beds were comfortable and furnishings were lovely albeit a little tired. Parking was convenient and the Towers are close to a wide range of shops and restaurants - convenient location. My children enjoyed the "Beaches in the Sky" at Level 5, which was always clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the end of a corridor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Front Office Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

It is great to read the positive comments of your stay including the spectacular views we have!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had quite a few issues with this hotel, none of them good. From check in, then it went down hill. The receptionist, very rude on check in. Dramas with our room, dramas with the cleanliness of the room, which had cleaners sent back twice and still did a shocking job, I was cleaning the room myself, something you really wont to do when you go away for a holiday. Party in tower opposite that went on till 2am, throwing items from balcony and clinmbing from one balcony to another, which prompted me to ring security to have it sorted out. I finally after many phone calls down to front desk to sort problems out, I got a lovely lady , her name was Mel, she was extremly helpful, apologetic, courteous, she sorted our room dramsas out by moving us to another room, bigger, better view and clean. She also helped us move our belongings to the new room, as I am a coeliac, so I had all my own food with us, to cook while away, so quite a bit to move from one room to another. Mel was fantastic. If she hadnt sorted all this out for us I no our holiday would of been a disaster. I am extremly grateful to Mel for her help and assistance. I feel this hotel needs a really good change of staff, from the rude person at the front desk, I wont put her name down, but you will no her as soon as you get her. The cleaning staff all need to be racked over the coals for there appaulling lack of attention to detail, peopl pay good money to stay here, and they dotn adn should not have to clean the unit once they check in. Even when called back twice they still did a dreadful job. This hotel is in a great position, right in town, no need for the car, just park it, leave it and walk. But it is totally let down with the cleanlinees of it. Soem rooms are very outdated, but that is the owners respomsibility to update. Carpets in rooms, obviously cant be cleaned proffessionally each tiime soemone checks out, but they are very dirty with stains, this was in all rooms we looked at. So all in all, if it wasnt for Mel and her help, and assistance I would be taking this matter much further. But she did her job, and sorted our issues out, so for that, I Thank you Mel, very much appreciated. Would I stay here again, I have to say no, never again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Hi Carmel,

Thank you for your feedback.

It was pleasure to meet you and assist you and your lovely daughter during your time at the resort. I am sorry that it did not start off well, and ever sorrier to hear you wont be back. Your check in process should have been smoother and the problems certainly should have been rectified in a more timely manner. I have brought these issues up with all parties concerned to ensure it does not happen again with any guest in the future.

I hope overall you enjoyed your time in Surfers Paradise and throughly enjoy all your gluten free goodies you bought to take home!

If i can assist you with anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,