“Enjoyable stay”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We enjoyed our a hassle-free stay in the main building/central. The 2 bedroom was clean, spacious and had a good view. Beds were comfortable and furnishings were lovely albeit a little tired. Parking was convenient and the Towers are close to a wide range of shops and restaurants - convenient location. My children enjoyed the "Beaches in the Sky" at Level 5, which was always clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the end of a corridor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Front Office Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

It is great to read the positive comments of your stay including the spectacular views we have!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

There are newer reviews for Mantra Towers of Chevron

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had quite a few issues with this hotel, none of them good. From check in, then it went down hill. The receptionist, very rude on check in. Dramas with our room, dramas with the cleanliness of the room, which had cleaners sent back twice and still did a shocking job, I was cleaning the room myself, something you really wont to do when you go away for a holiday. Party in tower opposite that went on till 2am, throwing items from balcony and clinmbing from one balcony to another, which prompted me to ring security to have it sorted out. I finally after many phone calls down to front desk to sort problems out, I got a lovely lady , her name was Mel, she was extremly helpful, apologetic, courteous, she sorted our room dramsas out by moving us to another room, bigger, better view and clean. She also helped us move our belongings to the new room, as I am a coeliac, so I had all my own food with us, to cook while away, so quite a bit to move from one room to another. Mel was fantastic. If she hadnt sorted all this out for us I no our holiday would of been a disaster. I am extremly grateful to Mel for her help and assistance. I feel this hotel needs a really good change of staff, from the rude person at the front desk, I wont put her name down, but you will no her as soon as you get her. The cleaning staff all need to be racked over the coals for there appaulling lack of attention to detail, peopl pay good money to stay here, and they dotn adn should not have to clean the unit once they check in. Even when called back twice they still did a dreadful job. This hotel is in a great position, right in town, no need for the car, just park it, leave it and walk. But it is totally let down with the cleanlinees of it. Soem rooms are very outdated, but that is the owners respomsibility to update. Carpets in rooms, obviously cant be cleaned proffessionally each tiime soemone checks out, but they are very dirty with stains, this was in all rooms we looked at. So all in all, if it wasnt for Mel and her help, and assistance I would be taking this matter much further. But she did her job, and sorted our issues out, so for that, I Thank you Mel, very much appreciated. Would I stay here again, I have to say no, never again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Hi Carmel,

Thank you for your feedback.

It was pleasure to meet you and assist you and your lovely daughter during your time at the resort. I am sorry that it did not start off well, and ever sorrier to hear you wont be back. Your check in process should have been smoother and the problems certainly should have been rectified in a more timely manner. I have brought these issues up with all parties concerned to ensure it does not happen again with any guest in the future.

I hope overall you enjoyed your time in Surfers Paradise and throughly enjoy all your gluten free goodies you bought to take home!

If i can assist you with anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,
Mel.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have now stayed here four times, twice directly through the owners on Stayz and twice through the official hotel reservations after seeing there listing on Stayz.

Once again, very happy with the two bedroom, two bathroom room. Stayed in Level 28 in Tower 1 for the first time and didn't notice any difference to the other towers.

My only complaint is that on the 3 previous occassions the rooms had Austar, so assumed that every room had Austar. Unfortunately that is not the case. When I asked reception if they new which rooms had Austar and which didn't, she replied that they did not know.

Other than that, I would once again recommend staying here.

1  Thank Secco
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. It is so pleasing to read that this was your 4th stay here at Chevron and we ticked all the boxes! We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

So from reading all the negative reviews about this place I was nervous to see what it would be like. We stayed on the 26th floor in the north tower in a two bedroom apartment. We purchased the room through a deal on wotif, so got a great price. The room and facilities were great, with front on ocean views. The pool and spa facilities were also great. Not too much noise and was a great location. The only problem was that the carpet and the floors in the room were in much need of a clean. Overall very happy, and don't understand negative reviews.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

We have great facilities and the rooms are spacious and fully self-contained.
I have contacted our housekeeping department to ensure the carpets are professionally cleaned

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband, mother and I recently returned from a 5 night break in Gold Coast staying in a 2 bedroom apartment in Tower 3 level 36. We purchased this through a deals website. I must admit, I was more than a little concerned when I started reading reviews about the property and was worried that our break could end up being a disaster. Not so. Perhaps we were lucky but our apartment was very nice, clean and spacious for 3 adults. Beds were comfortable, kitchen great for catering for ourselves and the view was amazing. It took us a little while to work out how to navigate around the property, but apart from that, no complaints. Very convenient to shops, buses, restaurants and the beach. I've been to GC twice now and probably wouldn't go back again unless I had kids but if I did, I'd stay at Chevron again for convenience.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor as you are less likely to hear the noise from the roadworks and nearby pubs e...
Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa H
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for choosing Chevron Towers for your visit to the Gold Coast, and for posting this TripAdvisor review. We appreciate you sharing your experience and insights via this forum, and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next visiting the beautiful Gold Coast.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I really couldn't fault this place. It was the ideal location for a family visiting the Gold Coast for 3 days. The panaromic views from the apartment were stunning (I think we were on the 43rd floor) and the apartment was generously sized and very clean and comfortable. Other guests we met in the lifts and near the pool had mixed opinions so perhaps it depends what room type you are in. It is a very large complex so it means being highly organised when you walk out the door. The buses to the theme parks are directly across the road. There is a Coles supermarket and cafes/restaurants below the hotel. The lagoon pool has clean barbeque facilities and there are vending machines stocked with convenient items such as tomato sauce! It was an easy walk to the main beach esplanade and delightful to watch people surfing and swimming from sunrise to sunset. My only complaint is that someone had obviously tried to clean the TV screens and bathroom mirrors with a steelo - and the light switches for the living rooms were awkwardly placed. Minor issues! I'd definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you Tess for the fantastic review. It’s always a pleasure reading reviews about how our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. I’ll pass your kind comments on to all of our departments.
We are in a fantastic location within Surfers Paradise, which makes it very convenient and accessible for our guests to explore the sights of the Gold Coast.

I hope to welcome you back again soon to Chevron Towers on your next trip to the Gold Coast.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Arrived into our 3bdrm apartment to find one couch & two chairs in living room to accommodate 6 people which hotel new. Room was dirty, plaster on walls coming off & painting overall needed. Complained & were moved to another room which was again dirty & in urgent attention of painting. Blinds in room which did not block out sun - no curtains &
also food scraps on floor & left in dishwasher. Lasted one night & complained as no one had a good sleep as rooms were very light. Changed rooms again to Tower
1 and again room very dirty and in desperate need of painting. Lounge suite had no padding & outdoor table should be thrown out!! Very disappointing as was told rooms refurbished & also apartments look 100 percent nicer on website than in real life...So much for a memorable family holiday with our disappointing accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2013
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am alarmed to hear about the cleaning standards of your apartment, there is no excuse for an unclean room, and I’m sorry that on this occasion we let you down.
Can you please email me directly on stay@chevrontowers.com.au with your room number and surname so I can personally inspect your apartment and arrange a full evaluation.

Thank you again and look forward to hearing from you.