“Best Accommodation! LOVED the location! Ocean View!”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went up on Friday 5th April until Monday 8th April 2013.
Loved the Towers of Chevron Renaissance!
It was raining a few days but it did not stop us using the indoor pool and spa :)
The location was fantastic as coles was only downstairs and so too were the many restaurants to choice from :)
Loved the views from our balconies and I could easily retire and live here one day :)

Will be back soon :)

Room Tip: Stayed on 20th floor room 03 at North Tower Ocean View :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
chevrontowers, Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.
It is so pleasing to read such a positive review.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

There are newer reviews for Mantra Towers of Chevron

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My family and I have just returned from a 9 night stay and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. To be honest, I booked our stay before I read the negative comments and was dreading it! I was dreading the dirty room and the rude staff everyone was complaining about but I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised and my family and I cannot speak highly enough of this place. We booked a great rate thru wotif.com for a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom and requested a room on a high level with ocean views....both my requests were granted. Room 1284 was very clean and modern. No complaints! All the appliances were in working order. The place itself is fantastic...great pools, spa, sauna, gym. The location is great....right above Coles, Starbucks and lots of restaurants and shops. We also felt really safe moving around the complex at any time during the day or night. Security at this place is great...I had no problems letting my teenage son go down to Coles on his own at night. I don't know why this place has attracted so many negative comments. The staff were always pleasant with us and always happy to help with our enquiries. The only small issue we had was that the outdoor pool was really cold...but that's no big problem! As mentioned in other reviews, there is a lot of road works going on in front of the Chevron but it didn't stop us from doing what we wanted to do. We still did everything we had planned to do. We would definitely return....my advice to other visitors is that if you are not happy with your room....ask for another one BUT be nice about it and don't be rude and insulting! I'm sure if you approached the staff with respect and manners they will treat you with respect in return and be more than happy to help you!

Room Tip: Request a room on a high level with ocean view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

What a TERRIFIC review. Thank you for taking the time to reflect on a memorable holiday.

Yes I agree, the views are breathtaking and our facilities are world class.
Thank you again for your review. This is a true representation of our standards and that all our staff is here to fulfil guest’s requirements to the best of their ability.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at Towers of HELL in April 2013. We stayed in tower 2 in a 3 bed appartment, tower two, 39th floor room 5. At first, we thought it was a great location, albeit a very very BUSy location (located on a busy main road). First impressions were quite good, the appartment did have HEAVILY stained carpet, but the furnishings and kitchen ect SEEMED clean enough. Its Not untill you have stayed here a day or so that you realise how FILTHY this place is. I found tablets (god knows what sort) under the bed side table, we found a newspaper next to the couch (dated 2 weeks prior). HEAPS of dirt, poker chips and old lollies/chips in creases in the couch. But when I found a USED OPEN SYRINGE under then bed that was the last straw! We were travelling with 4 kids under the age of 6, Im so gratefull that I found it and not one of the kids. I tried to call someone at the hotel to dispose of it, but its was approx 9.00pm at night and noone answered. I then had to wrap it it toilet paper and dispose of it myself as I didnt want it around us. I then had to scower the apartment to make sure it was 'safe' enough to sleep n for the night! Also, the dryer didnt work, (so now way to dry beach towels, ect). ALSO - There was 5 sliding doors that went to balcony's in our appartment - NONE of which had a abilty to lock! DANGEROUS! The curtains were all falling to bits and didnt close properly. One part of the couches was broken also. When I marched down to reception in the am to 'discuss' these issues - I CANNOT believe the reaction - it was almost like they didnt understand what i was talking about? They didnt offer us a apology or ANYTHING> I got told in relation to the syringe that the manager would be notified and that my room would be serviced and the manager would call us personally and inspect the room. We went out for the day, we were NEVER contacted by ANYONE, the room was NOT serviced - NOTHING WAS FIXED! The maintance man must have come to "fix" the dryer - but left the laundry with fluff, dirty rags, and the ironing board scrambled throughout. I called reception and told them the room should have been serviced as she said "well everyone has left for the day so youll have to deal with it". We booked thru the hotels own website - they may offer what seems to be a attractive deal but living in sqauler and possibly getting a needle stick injury contracting got knows what is clearly not worth it!!!!!!! Also I had 2 rips in my sheets!

This place is the worst place I have EVER stayed at! I cannot even begin to describe how horrible the experience was!

ITS OBVIOUS THE 'HOTEL' STAFF DONT GIVE A CARE, IT IS OBVIOUSLY A SCHOOLIES STANDARD APPARTMENT - LOOK ON THE WEBSITE THEY ADVERTISE FOR SCHOOLIES TO STAY HERE! LESS THAN 1 STAR, YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF ON THE STREETS, AT LEAST STREET CLEANERS CLEAN UP SYRINGE'S!

Room Tip: NEVER book this dump - You might get a NEEDLE STICK INJURY or worse
2  Thank nomma82
chevrontowers, Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Whilst we are obviously disappointed at your experience and we appreciate the opportunity has passed to alter this situation, we do thank you for bringing this to our attention and particular outlining the particular unit number as this enables us to pinpoint the issues and rectify for future guests.
Quite clearly the experience you had is unsatisfactory to all concerned. By providing the unit number we have been able to identify the specific personal that where responsible for cleaning that room and we have taken necessary steps to speak not only with this person but all housekeeping staff and remind them of our a minimum standards. I should also advise we have appointed a senior housekeeping manager to further manage all activities of our housekeeping team to ensure these minimum standards are met.
I would invite you to contact me personally on 07 5584 8100 or email – stay@chevrontowers.com.au to discuss a resolution to this matter which is acceptable to all concerned.
In finishing I advise that we are large resort - for other readers I can ensure that this not the norm in this building and is an unusual occurrence. We are officially a 4 star property the fact that we do accept schoolies has no bearing on our standards however what you have experienced is a major concern and we thank you for taking the time write your review.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

we stayed here for 7 nights last easter and loved it. if weather was bad we went to indoor pool, gym facilities were good and the kids loved the beach lagoon pool too. more seating needed around the pool, it was pretty crowded & people got up super early to put towels on chairs they wouldn't go back to till later in the day, very rude. coles, shopping, restaurants all underneath you and no need for a car during your stay here. i would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

We are so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay here at Chevron Towers.
This is a true representation of our standards.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We arrived on 19th March 2013 and left 26th March 2013,We all loved our apartment on the 28th floor Apt 2884,tower 2,glorious views of the ocean & night lights/life! Apartment was very clean and well cared for.All appliances were working. Parking was fairly easy to find once inside the designated level. We were greeted within 5 mins of arrival. Would definitely return in the future.The only complaints i do have was the fold away bed which had a dirty mattress but as soon as i called the agent they replaced it with another 100 % clean straight away.
And all the blankets needed to be washed before we could use them as the previous people left them in the cupboards without cleaning them first. The agent was lovely to deal with and explained what was expect from us when we left.

Room Tip: Higher floors are much better so the noise from below doesn't reach up high
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review.

For yourself and future readers: Please book directly with us here at Chevron. We are contactable on 07 5584 8100 or stay@chevrontowers.com.au

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have stayed in the Marriott (exceptional service) through to the Beachcomber (rather stay in a tent) in Surfers over the years. We can definitely say Towers of Chevron Renaissance is the best family holiday resort we have stayed at. We had a 2 bed/ 2 bath unit that was clean and spacious. The outdoor pool area and BBQ were great during the day. Must say we spent most of our time in the indoor pool (could have been a few degrees warmer) and spa. Coles is downstairs if you want to self cater otherwise dozens of cafes and restaurants at your door step. Must say this is our only place to stay in Surfers for future family holidays.

Room Tip: South side of North tower gives ocean and hinterland views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review Darbious,
Yes I agree with you our facilties are world class and at your door step is everything you need.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Room was very disappointing and the best thing about this hotel is probably the reception area! Dirty grubby material on lounge and cushions and carpet was covered in marks. Even the bed spreads have holes in the seams of them.
We even asked to move rooms and due to Easter they only had 1 other and this was even worse so we actually stayed elsewhere for the night and then came back the next day to be shown another and this was a lot better as leather lounge furniture but I would honestly just pay more $$ and stay somewhere newer or even crown towers and this is not what it looks on the internet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room somewhere between 13th - 25th floor and one with leather lounges rather than the dirt...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NarelleKerstan
chevrontowers, Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

We are currently in the process of upgrading and refurbishing all of our apartments and it would appear that you received an older room. I have arranged for a full assessment to be carried out on the unit you were originally placed in so that we can contact the owner regarding the necessary upgrades and refurbishments. I apologise for the inconvenience and am glad that once your room was moved it was more suitable.

If you wish to discuss this further please contact me directly on 07 5584 8100 or stay@chevrontowers.com.au