My first time to stay in Gold Coast in New Year 2013 for 3 nights. Booked a flat of 2 bedrooms through the website of Towers of Chevron Renaissance. It is the so-called 4 stars rating but I do not see worth to have 4 stars. The lobby was big and grand but the room was small beyond expectation. The washroom with bath, shower was small and dirty. The floor in the living room was dirty and sticky. The kitchen utensils were not clean. No wardrobe in one bedroom. The table and chairs at the balcony were very dirty, so we could not sit at the balcony to enjoy our breakfast though the balcony view was good.
There was no oven tray in the oven. I made the request after 6p.m on the first day but the lobby reception desk was closed. The telephone answering staff told me that the oven tray could only be provided on the next day. What should I do with my food (oven cooked) bought for the dinner?
The next morning before I went out for sightseeing, I told the reception desk staff to arrange oven tray to my room. However when I returned my room at 5.30p.m, still no oven tray!.
I immediately went down to ask the reception desk staff (another one) who was so busy to tidy up the reception counter for closing. She promised me to take the oven tray to my room later. But I had no confidence of their service, I sat in the lobby waiting for her as all my food were waiting for the oven tray. 15 minutes later, the staff saw me still sitting in the lobby. She took serious attitude to make a promise. I thus returned to my room and the tinfoil oven trays finally arrived my room within 30 minutes.
The 3rd morning, I complained it to the reception desk staff whom I said on the 2nd morning. She recognised me but she said having told the worker to send oven tray to my room yesterday. I was disappointed of the service in this so-called 4 stars hotel. The oven tray should be in my room when I checked in, not until I noticed and made several requests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Mantra Towers of Chevron, located in the heart of Surfers Paradise, you will find the perfect accommodation from which to explore the beautiful and fun-filled Gold Coast. In your self-contained apartment you'll feel truly at ease. All apartments are self-contained and feature kitchens equipped with modern appliances, a full service laundry, cable TV and a DVD player. All the conveniences of home can be found here. Located atop the trendy Chevron Renaissance precinct, you need only duck downstairs to enjoy a delicious meal or to wander through unique and designer boutiques. If you're on holiday with the kids, the Infinity attraction is a must visit. They're bound to be entertained exploring the fun-house full of mirrors, optical illusions and sound effects. You can choose between 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments or superior apartments, which are furnished in contemporary neutral tones. Or for larger groups wishing to truly holiday in style, the 3 bedroom penthouse apartments are the ideal choice. At Mantra Towers of Chevron you will have access to the resorts Health Pavilion, featuring indoor and outdoor lap pools and full gymnasium. BBQ facilities, the private theatre and also 'Beaches in the Sky', the resorts outdoor leisure area featuring sub-tropical gardens and a 600m2 lagoon style pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Towers of Chevron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towers Of Chevron Renaissance Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Of Chevron Renaissance
- Renaissance Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Renaissance
- Mantra Towers Of Chevron Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise