We are very frequent travellers to Gold Coast but first time at Chevron Renaissance Towers. We stayed for one week - early-mid nov 2012 in a 2 bedroom - $135 per night. Price was good but on par with what i could of got at Crown Towers which was better.
Positives : Location - so central and being on top of a Coles is so handy. The outdoor pool area is nice (tad cold) and bbq area is good too. Small playground for kids and large indoor pool. Also a games room (but had to pay per game). Modern looking apartments as well.
- Only 1 bathroom and toilet for 2 bedroom suites - all other places i have stayed usually have 2.
- Small main bed - double at best and sunk in middle. Only sheets and light blanket - lucky it was warm.
- Balcony door off hinges when first arrived - with 2 young kids - bit concerned - this was fixed within 12 hrs of reporting it.
- Window in main bedroom broken so didnt close 100% and wind was noisy.
- No locks on inside of main door - meant children could just open it up form inside and wander out.
- We had a shower in bath tub (2 other friends staying had no bath). The bath drain started to block up from day 1 and got worse and worse - by day 5 we were showering in water approaching our knees - disgusting when your 2nd in!. Reported problem but was told by reception that they were too busy with setting up rollaway beds for Schoolies coming in 2 days so would be at least 24 hrs before they could fix it.. I also said it would be a 5 minute fix and we cannot use it but she wasnt concerned - schoolies are apparently more important!! By next morning it was so disgusting i couldn't use it as water wouldnt even drain away so went down reception and got a nicer person who didnt even have the problem in the system - she did manage to get someone to fix it that day. Bath was not clean to start with and smelt rank.
Lampshades, curtains all dirty and block out curtains had holes so sun came through (which is 4am up there)
Overall cleanliness was just poor - the carpet had stains all through it.
Small rooms and not very big living area either. Compared to Crown Towers, Sun City, Peninsula and even long reach stayed at in past years.
Cooking utensils bare basics.
There is a cinema there but $15 for 1.5 hrs! cheaper to go real movies.
Navigating way around was hard - and need key to access any floor! felt like had to walk a mile through long corridors to get anywhere.
Check in - i arrived 540pm on a sat night and was told by lady at reception i was "out of hours" even though sign said reception closed at 6pm - so i had to call a number and open a safe to get my keys - not very friendly way to be welcomed and wasnt like it was that late and there was someone there!
Indoor pool didnt seen all that clean either - murky water and spa soap had brown in it.
Furniture in 2nd room all sharp edges and glass - not kid friendly.
Noisy - roadworks and party goers. Especially on weekends and only on Lev 10 (was supposed to have a high floor guarantee on booking)
Check out was a nightmare too as schoolies had arrived (9am) and foyer, lifts, carparks all crazy with hundreds of 17/18 year olds.
Overall disappointed in this stay and wouldn't come back. Much preferred Crown Towers and Sun City over this. Location is all it had going for it.
Still had a great week though and Movieworld and Dreamworld both heaps of fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Mantra Towers of Chevron, located in the heart of Surfers Paradise, you will find the perfect accommodation from which to explore the beautiful and fun-filled Gold Coast. In your self-contained apartment you'll feel truly at ease. All apartments are self-contained and feature kitchens equipped with modern appliances, a full service laundry, cable TV and a DVD player. All the conveniences of home can be found here. Located atop the trendy Chevron Renaissance precinct, you need only duck downstairs to enjoy a delicious meal or to wander through unique and designer boutiques. If you're on holiday with the kids, the Infinity attraction is a must visit. They're bound to be entertained exploring the fun-house full of mirrors, optical illusions and sound effects. You can choose between 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments or superior apartments, which are furnished in contemporary neutral tones. Or for larger groups wishing to truly holiday in style, the 3 bedroom penthouse apartments are the ideal choice. At Mantra Towers of Chevron you will have access to the resorts Health Pavilion, featuring indoor and outdoor lap pools and full gymnasium. BBQ facilities, the private theatre and also 'Beaches in the Sky', the resorts outdoor leisure area featuring sub-tropical gardens and a 600m2 lagoon style pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Towers of Chevron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towers Of Chevron Renaissance Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Of Chevron Renaissance
- Renaissance Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Renaissance
- Mantra Towers Of Chevron Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise