Mantra Towers of Chevron
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
Centrepoint Resort(Surfers Paradise)
View Hotel
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)
  • Pool
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
Surfers City Motel(Surfers Paradise)
  • Beachfront
Diamonds Resort(Surfers Paradise)
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
5,093 results
All reviewsgreat locationcoles supermarketindoor poolfamily holidaybathroom apartmentshopping centrethe gold coastgreat facilitiesgames roomgreat familygreat place to staycentral locationcar parkingocean viewbbq areaamazing viewsfloor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Nothing bad I could say about the apartment itself - two bedrooms, two bathrooms and very spacious living area.

The kitchen had all utensils and electical devices you could need. Detergent was provided for the washing machine and cleaning equipment for the kitchen.

I was on the 29th floor and the view over the city was awesome. Unfortunately it was too windy to sit out on the balcony for long, but it would be great in better weather.

The showers were very good and strong and the bed extremely comfy.

Was a bit suprised to arrive at 6:30pm an find the reception already closed - seems very early. But no matter, the details are left in a safe so didn't pose a problem.

My one complaint is about the receptionist who rang me three times the morning after I checked in, each time only letting the phone ring 2 or 3 times, so I didn't have time to pick it up - very frustrating. The call was to remind me to check in at the reception desk before noon which was hours away - surely there's no need to call until after noon!!

I'd definitely recommend this place as a great base for a stay in Surfer's.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Crinion
chevrontowers, Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

It’s pleasing to read you enjoyed the views and your apartment. Level 29 has wide sweeping costal and hinterland views which are truly breathtaking!!

I do apologise that reception called you 3 times.
We have implemented a new procedure to call guests to register after 11am.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very frequent travellers to Gold Coast but first time at Chevron Renaissance Towers. We stayed for one week - early-mid nov 2012 in a 2 bedroom - $135 per night. Price was good but on par with what i could of got at Crown Towers which was better.

Positives : Location - so central and being on top of a Coles is so handy. The outdoor pool area is nice (tad cold) and bbq area is good too. Small playground for kids and large indoor pool. Also a games room (but had to pay per game). Modern looking apartments as well.

Negatives:
- Only 1 bathroom and toilet for 2 bedroom suites - all other places i have stayed usually have 2.
- Small main bed - double at best and sunk in middle. Only sheets and light blanket - lucky it was warm.
- Balcony door off hinges when first arrived - with 2 young kids - bit concerned - this was fixed within 12 hrs of reporting it.
- Window in main bedroom broken so didnt close 100% and wind was noisy.
- No locks on inside of main door - meant children could just open it up form inside and wander out.
- We had a shower in bath tub (2 other friends staying had no bath). The bath drain started to block up from day 1 and got worse and worse - by day 5 we were showering in water approaching our knees - disgusting when your 2nd in!. Reported problem but was told by reception that they were too busy with setting up rollaway beds for Schoolies coming in 2 days so would be at least 24 hrs before they could fix it.. I also said it would be a 5 minute fix and we cannot use it but she wasnt concerned - schoolies are apparently more important!! By next morning it was so disgusting i couldn't use it as water wouldnt even drain away so went down reception and got a nicer person who didnt even have the problem in the system - she did manage to get someone to fix it that day. Bath was not clean to start with and smelt rank.

Lampshades, curtains all dirty and block out curtains had holes so sun came through (which is 4am up there)

Overall cleanliness was just poor - the carpet had stains all through it.

Small rooms and not very big living area either. Compared to Crown Towers, Sun City, Peninsula and even long reach stayed at in past years.

Cooking utensils bare basics.

There is a cinema there but $15 for 1.5 hrs! cheaper to go real movies.

Navigating way around was hard - and need key to access any floor! felt like had to walk a mile through long corridors to get anywhere.

Check in - i arrived 540pm on a sat night and was told by lady at reception i was "out of hours" even though sign said reception closed at 6pm - so i had to call a number and open a safe to get my keys - not very friendly way to be welcomed and wasnt like it was that late and there was someone there!

Indoor pool didnt seen all that clean either - murky water and spa soap had brown in it.

Furniture in 2nd room all sharp edges and glass - not kid friendly.

Noisy - roadworks and party goers. Especially on weekends and only on Lev 10 (was supposed to have a high floor guarantee on booking)

Check out was a nightmare too as schoolies had arrived (9am) and foyer, lifts, carparks all crazy with hundreds of 17/18 year olds.

Overall disappointed in this stay and wouldn't come back. Much preferred Crown Towers and Sun City over this. Location is all it had going for it.

Still had a great week though and Movieworld and Dreamworld both heaps of fun.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Onie13
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I loved it here. Admittedly, we were in a private "timeshare" apartment which was very nice and well maintained. The location is great and the supermarket downstairs is very handy. The pool was nice but always noisy and overcrowded in the pool area. I don't actually remember seeing any staff at all and we were there for a week, so I can't comment on their service although all the public areas seemed well maintained and clean enough. We had no street noise at all despite having a room facing onto a busy road.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank duritz1978
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were frequest travellers to the Gold Coast and out of the 5 times we had been there in the past 5 years we stayed at the Chevron Renaissance 3 or possibly 4 times, sorry cant remember exactly. We were always happy with the service at the Chevron which is why we continued to stay there everytime. Unfortunately, our last stay there has changed all that. We were extremely disappointed with the room and hotel overall. We requested a room closer to the ground as we have 2 very young children, one 4 and one 1 year old. We booked this hotel several months ahead with this request stating we need to be closer to the ground and we need a room facing the pool side not the highway side as well as a bathtub . Anyway, it wasnt a deal breaker but we got highway side room on the 21st floor. We walked into the room and it stunk. The walls were filthy and the basin was blocked up that water wouldnt drain. It was disgusting!!, furthermore there was no bathtub. Ie how can we bath a baby in the shower??? I immediately contacted reception and advised them so they moved us to another room which they did..but guess what?? It was just as filthy with coffees stains still on the tables and stunk even worse and drains blocked, but at least there was a tub. Anyway, contacted reception and told them room is terrible and unacceptable so they moved us for the 3rd time, we got the bathtub and the room didnt stink. It seemed somewhat cleaner and were were on the same level as the pool, pity we couldnt be facing towards the pool as the highway was very loud. Well, our stay was for 10 days, after the first night we realised our holiday was pretty much screwed! The room had energy efficient cool white globes that barely emmitted enough light for the room, obvioulsy the resort looking at cost cutting every way they can. It was like we were staying in some dingy motel in the middle of no where. Bathtub had dirt and grime in all the corners, there was no seating available on the balcony, couches felt dirty and kitchen drawers were falling apart.
In the mornings when the sun shines through the room you can see smeared grime/dirt on the walls once the light reflect of them. My son accidently dropped his crayon behind the couch so I just moved the couch slightly and saw the whole area behind the couch covered in beer bittle caps and dirt. Obviously they never clean the rooms, they just do a spot clean.
Reception area seemed to always have a sewerage smell and was always a major put off everytime we came back from our days out and about.
Pool area pretty run down now!! Also, they wanted to charge us $50 for portacot - for those wanting one just go to Target at Pacific Fair and pick one up for $49. At least its brand new and clean and you can take back home with you or leave it if you want. One other guest was telling us how putrid the portacot from the hotel was.
Overall, to some degree, the staff were helpful in trying to find us a better room, but management have really allowed the resort to turn to s@#t. Its obvious they have been cutting costs and the resort is more tailored to schoolies now...definitely not a family resort anymore. I for one couldnt stop recommending the place up until this trip and numerous family and friends ended up staying there. Unfortunately, I have been put off now and my wife and I have vowed never to stay there again.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. We tried three rooms in one day, each on different floors and towers and they were all as bad as each other.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CLAY250
Reviewed November 17, 2012

When I arrived I was told my room wasnt ready, so I went to drop my things off in the Luggage Room. The door was left open and people where just walking in and out unsupervised. I stood at the door for a while and I tell you anyone could have walked in off the street and gone in there. I wasnt leaving my laptop and luggage there.

Check in was quick and easy. The girl at reception was lovley and had a smile even though she looked really busy. She had the answer for any questions I had. Very helpful. :)

When I got to the room I found out I had to do my own housekeeping and If everything wasnt in order when I left I would be charged. I was afraid to leave a wine glass on the bench. I asked a housekeeper I saw if my room could be serviced, she looked at her list of rooms and told me 'No' and walked off...Excellent... I stayed 4 nights and never got fresh towels. I was on vacation and still doing all the housework....

I locked myself out of the apartment and I asked security to let me back in. We got to the door and he asked me for $30.00 cash. I thought it was a bit odd and asked him for an invoice/cash reciept. He said once I have the money I'll write you one. So there we were at a stalemate. I asked him what it was for and he said " a call out fee" I said "Where did I call you from? The Lobby?" I gave him the money and he did return with an invoice. I read in the compendium later that there is a lock out fee. It was just the way he went about it was rude and I didnt want the money going straight into his pocket and being ripped off.

On a positive note, Bed was amazing, perfect sleep and the curtians made the room pitch black, it could be midday and you wouldnt know the sun was up. I stayed on level 36 and the view was awesome! Its very central to everything you need, Im local, but even if you had never been to thte Gold Coast its very easy to navigate your way around from the Hotel.

For what I paid - Average at best. Ive stayed at the Mantra next door a few times and will be back there before I book at Chevron again. Same general price range.

Stayed with friends. 21y.o - Local to the Gold Coast.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor to avoid street noise if you dont want to pay the upgrade fee to get on the quiet side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends