“Good location”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Great location, close to shops and Cavill Ave. My main issue was the number of poolside chairs - not enough considering there are 3 towers sharing one pool. And be warned, people reserve chairs - very annoying. Our 2 bedroom apartment was ok, but wall was dirty (?paint splashes or dirt splashes) and it didn't have baking trays or cooking tongs. I had paid for water views yet the apartment faced north and had a very small ocean view. Had particularly wanted the kids to see the NYE fireworks from the balcony but the other tower completely blocked that view. I probably wouldn't book there again, or if I did I would be very specific about which tower I wanted.

Room Tip: I think Tower 1 (maybe its called skyline tower) probably has the best waterviews and you access the...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,776)

Reviewed December 25, 2011

I really had high expectations of this hotel from the website. Instead on arrival I received no help from front desk regarding the layout of the 3 different towers or how to find your room. Don't bother expecting a smile from staff either.
DO NOT BOOK through Classic Holidays Company. They have been removed from the RCI preferred list and DAE are looking at losing them as well. Classic Holidays book rooms on behalf of the Chevron Towers and charge marginally less than the website. You will not get what the brochure or website shows. We had a very old and tired 2 bedroom unit. The single beds were actually half width Chaise Lounges with sheets on them so they fitted into the tiny second bedroom. When i raised my concerns with the hotel they referred me back to Classic Holidays who refused to discuss the standard of the room and simply told me that i purchased a 2 bedroom apartment and that is what i got. Very poor quality for a huge expense. I expected at least a true 4 star hotel but it was about 2-3 star. I looked at the rooms on the upper levels which were very nice but were only for RCI members booked a long way in advance. Don't believe the hype about this hotel. I have stayed in over 700 hotels around the world and this was the worst value for money.
Poor service
Cold pools.
Indoor pool out of service.
Games room dirty, and most of the games didn't work. Had to argue with reception to get my $5 back for my very disappointed kids
Nearby restaurants very expensive so walk away from the precinct and you'll find other better places to eat more cheaply.
Avoid the timeshare people giving away free vouchers.....trust me!
Classic Holidays and Chevron should be ashamed of what they offer but actually deliver. It is at best dishonest. Avoid! avoid! avoid!...

Room Tip: Book above floor 28
4  Thank GJH389
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Just returned from 5night at the Towers. Overlooking the glamorous design of the exterior compared to other apartments at its price range, I wouldn't recommend staying here for a few reasons.

The 2bdr apartment we stayed in for 5nights was A LOT smaller than what we were used to from surfers. The laundry is tightly squeezed into the kitchen and the toilets were very small. the living and kitchen area would be the size of just the living space of the other apartments we have stayed at for the same price.

Also the toilet seat was worn out not pleasant specially when there are gnats and other flies all around the toilet. I personally dont like places with showers over baths especially when the bathroom is tiny to begin with.

Generally the rooms were quiet clean, however beds very uncomfortable and to top it of the NOISE FROM THE GOLD COAST HIGHWAY was unbearable. We requested a high level floor and were also guaranteed that so I guess that meant 12th floor suffices? even from 12 I could hear peoples conversations on the road didnt make for a good experience.

The lady that checked us in was VERY rude. We arrived at 1230 and were told to wait till 2pm. I understand thats GENERALLY when guests are told to check in, but we can't help flight times? She very rudely told us that when booking we were told to come in at 2pm for check in. She didn't even checked to see if the room was ready and I saw people next to us receive keys and as we were leaving at their 10am check-out time saw people arriving at 10am at a room next to ours. I'm not complaining about the 2pm check in time as I was well aware of that, but when we returned at 2, we were served by a gentlemen who paged housekeeping to double check the room was ready, something the first lady didnt do? But whatever, her lack of apathy/ customer satisfaction definitely set us to a good mood for our holiday.

Last thing, the Indoor pool closure thats supposedly meant to be finished in 7weeks as advertised on their website is absolutely false! I read that 10weeks ago when first booking the holiday and thought great, would be ready for sauna and indoor pool/spa use. Unfortunately none of that was ready and completely false statements on their website spoiled the use of their facilites. Their outdoor lagoon pool is beautiful but freezing especially in the cold winds that were around. I usually plan for bad weather when booking, but the company failed to inform consumers of the real opening time (which when asked told they are only 'half way through).

1  Thank cclear_11
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Great location. Will be coming back again soon. Warm service

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We recently stayed at the Towers of Cheveron Renaissance over the first week of 'schoolies'. Making a booking was difficult as we were not able to book directly (reception staff were unhelpful when i phoned) and so we booked through a travel agent. On arrival it was busy but not too bad and we were given a key and a map for the car park. Clear directions were not given nor were we told that the towers were referred to by names rather than numbers on signage, no one told us about the swipe key system to operate the lift.Therefore we ended up in the wrong tower . 15mins later we arrived at our room. What a disappointment!!. The room was old, tired, dated and not at all what we were expecting. Tiles looked like they were not fully attached to the wall in the main bathroom, the carpet was dirty, the lounge suite was uncomfortable and smelt disgusting as did the cushions that were on it. The ranchslider to the balcony from the living area did not slide freely and need two hands and all our strength to open it. The ensuite bathroom door would not close so you need to shut the bedroom curtains to use the bathroom as otherwise you would be bearing all for everyone to see.The location and the views were great and the "schoolies' did not upset or deter us from travelling at this time of year.We have stayed at many different apartments over the years in many places and have never been disappointed before. It was very expensive to stay at the Towers but judging by the webiste we thought it would be worth it. How wrong we were. We would not recommend nor would we ever stay at the Towers of Cheveron Renaissance again

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank kerry s
Reviewed November 30, 2011

In Sep 2011, we spent 9 days at the Chevron Renaissance Towers in a 2 bedroom apartment. The resort has a large lagoon with white sandy beaches, and a large heated outdoor jacuzzi (which was very popular with the kids). The lagoon water was a bit chilly, but it didn't stop the kids. There are outdoor BBQs, which are very popular in the evenings. There's also an indoor pool and gym area, but unfortunately, this was out of action for our entire stay :( Car parking was a bonus, as we hired a car during the middle of the trip to get to the fun parks, up to the mountains, and over the border to Byron Bay which is only an hour away. The resort's location is ideal - right in the heart of Surfer's Paradise, about 1 block from Cavill Avenue. Having restaurants, bars and a supermarket downstairs was a bonus, but on certain nights of the week, be prepared for noise from revellers - could be an issue on the lower floors; wasn't too bad on level 18. Really close to regular bus services in all directions, and close to plenty of car hire options - recommend you book hire cars in advance. 5 mins short walk to the beach. We had an awesome family holiday, and would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Recommend higher floors for better views and less noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2011

the apartment was huge loved it , and great location

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends