For the AU$200 per night we paid, our apartment and the facilities were adequate. The whitegoods and air conditioning units were in working order, and the apartments provided reasonably sufficient space for a couple.
There was a fold-out couch for extra guests, but any extra people in the apartment would have definitely provided for insufficient space.
The pool and spa area was a reasonable size. The water in the spa looked like it hadn't been changed in a very long time, perhaps as a result of such strict water restrictions. However, such water restricions didn't stop James, one of the property managers, from spending over half an hour hosing down the footpath and surrounding concrete areas.
What really tarnished our stay was the attidude and conduct of property manager Cathy. She was not at all welcoming, and my wife and I felt like we were walking on eggshells every time we went past the reception area.
Cathy took every opportunity to berate us, whether it be for playing inflatable cricket in the pool, or leaving a shopping trolley too close to the property. On our final night, Cathy advised us in no uncertain terms that our rooms had better be spotless, and that we had better not check out one second later than 10am, at risk of incurring further charges.
I cancelled the credit card which I placed on file, in anticipation that Cathy was going to charge additional funds.
Cathy's husband James was equally as unfriendly, asking us to get off the property on new years eve, because we were apparently making too much noise.
Until the property managers undergo some very basic lessons in providing good customer service, I would strongly recommend that potential guests reconsider staying at the Surf Parade Resort.
Until then, no-one is beyond the rebuke of Cathy and James.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free internet, free parking, air-conditioning, full sized tennis court, heated outdoor swimming pool, heated spa, mini-gymnasium, BBQ area and gazebo. Nestled perfectly between two of the most vibrant beach side suburbs on the Gold Coast, Surf Parade Resort offers you a relaxing and satisfying holiday. The superb one bedroom holiday apartments are perfect for couples and small families seeking comfortable and affordable Broadbeach or Surfers Paradise accommodation on the Gold Coast.Surf Parade Resort offers 98 fully self-contained apartments, all fully equipped with in-room corner spa bath, large curved balconies and air-conditioning. Each of the Broadbeach family apartments has modern interiors that are complimented by a lovely decor. Enjoy the first rate resort facilities that include a full sized tennis court, heated outdoor swimming pool, heated spa, mini-gymnasium, BBQ area and gazebo, and a lush tropical garden. All apartments have wireless internet connections available on a pay-to-use basis, thereby enabling guests to maintain email contact and internet access while on holiday. Surf Parade Resort is also a mere stone's throw away from the most exciting places on the Gold Coast. Get easy and convenient access to the most spectacular patrolled beaches and world class theme parks. Fabulous shops, innovative restaurants, trendy nightclubs and extravagant casino are all nearby our holiday accommodation in Broadbeach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Surf Parade Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surf Parade Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surf Parade Surfers Paradise
- Surf Parade Resort Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise