POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!
We arrived at the resort after-hours so we had to use the after-hours service which involves picking up a phone to speak to the after-hours manager. Over the phone, we gave them our name and actually spelt it out for her. Without any hesitation, she gave us a PIN number to open the safe deposit box where she says we will find our keys. We did as we were told, opened the safe and there was only ONE envelope in there. Naturally, anyone would think that it is our room key. So we took it and happily checked into the room - we thought it was quite nicely decorated, well equipped kitchen etc...
BUT much later in the night, one of the resort owners came knocking on our door and started to question us non-stop on why we are in this room and why we didn't check the name on the envelope, without giving us any chance to speak at all!!!! He then went on to say he will be charging us an extra 150AUD for using a room we were not supposed to use. I was taken aback at how rude he was, and was very offended. He was practically screaming at us when all we did was to follow EXACTLY all the instructions we were given by the after-hours manager and took the ONLY set of keys in the safe. Thankfully, the lady owner stepped in and made the night less unpleasant (thank you!).
And at the end of the stay, they made us pay 50AUD EXTRA for "Linen Charges" because we used a room "we were not supposed to be in" (How am I supposed to know when that's what I was told to do and there obviously weren't 2 envelopes in the safe that I could choose from?!?!)
This incident made me really upset for various reasons:
1. They did not do proper preparation for our arrival - only 1 set of keys in the safe not properly labelled even though 2 sets of guests were checking in that day
2. Resort Owner showed up at our door reprimanding us without even finding out what happened and how this mix up happened
3. Demanded (in a rude tone of voice) us to pay 150AUD extra when the fault was facilitated by their inability to organise guest check-ins well
4. Had to pay 50AUD extra eventually for something which I feel should be borne by the resort for not sorting check-ins and after-hours service well enough
They do have a great pool though. Heated pool with a jacuzzi - great for winter and when you feel like dipping in the night.
Make sure you call them before hand to ensure that such mix-ups don't happen to you, else that "value for money" proposition falls flat. If I were to visit Gold Coast again, this is definitely NOT one of my top choices.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santana Holiday Resort Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santana Holiday Resort Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Santana Holiday Hotel Apartments
- Santana Holiday Resort Apartments Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise