“Great family spot”

Breakers North
Gold Coast, Queensland
“Great family spot”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Myself and my children just enjoyed 10 days here. It is half way between Surfers and Broadbeach but away from the hustle and bustle. The buses go past every 10 or so minutes in both directions if you didn't feel like a half hour walk. Best of all it is literally a jump and you are on the beach right in front of the lifeguards. The weather was fickle but we swam everyday because the pool and spa were heated. It was never crowded and it had a real family atmosphere. If I had one suggestion, it would be to have some kind of shade around the pool.

Even though our room was on the 3rd floor we still had a great view over the pool and beach. I booked last minute so didn't have high expectations but it was lovely,clean and very spacious. The kitchen and bathrooms were very new and modern and had everything we needed. Keep in mind this a holiday rental not someones home, and you will be more than happy.

Jim on the desk was very pleasant and easy going which is what i would expect at a holiday apartment complex. Any problems I had were quickly dealt with even though they were minor. He even helped me with a simple job like setting up the dvd player for my children which most people can manage (except me).

Yes there is free wi fi but don't choose to stay here for that reason alone. It can be dodgy but I managed just fine with it when I sat out on the balcony which was no hardship.

I would stay here again and recommend it to others as I hope i just have.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank JustKate70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Firstly on arrival I was greeted by some grumpy man who really looked like he didn't want to be there. Finally checked in, after it taking him ages to get motivated to find the paperwork! The apartment looked and smelt like it hadn't been cleaned since last people, only tidied and new sheets and towels. The only plus to this place is you are right on the beach. I certainly wouldn't stay there again, nor would I recommend to anyone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank minijax172
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My family consisting of 2 adult 2 kids stayed for 6 nights in 2 bedroom apartment . We stayed on 7th floor overlooking beach. We were not in a beachfront unit, but we were happy with the beach view. Apartment was a little tired in appearance, limited foxtel channels, and reasonably clean. We are not fussy people so did not affect our time. Pool was warm and ok, lots of long hairs floating in the pool, a bit of a turn off. Tennis courts were great. The resort is beachfront, your own private access to the beach which we loved and the surf patrol was right in front of resort.
Overall place was good, yes our apartment was tired looking and pool need to be maintained better, but we would stay again.

2 Thank Selena39
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had booked a two bedroom apartment for four nights, on arrival my family was greeted by a shirtless man on reception who introduced himself as Jazz? and was by all means rude. When we eventually got our key and went up to the apartment the first thing that hits you when you open the door was the smell of urine that is the only way I can describe the putrid smell. Walking into the apartment the floor was like a ice skating rink, it was that greasy and dirty and what carpet there was in the bedrooms was heavily stained and again smelt of urine. The bedding in both rooms was stained and as I was travelling with children there was no way I was going to let them sleep in this awful place. Needless to say I checked out again straight away to the bewilderment of the guy on reception who thought it was perfectly except able to offer a room in this condition to guests. On their website they have a 4 star rating by no means are these apartments 4 star I travel extensively around Australia with work and have stayed in many Motels, Hotels & Apartments and I can assure you Breakers North QLD is more like a 2 STAR.

5 Thank Michael D
Brisbane
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This traditional Gold Coast Apartment was well refurbished with lovely decor and fantastic Oceanviews, but the pool and pool area was a real turn off. A heated outdoor pool in 30 degree Queensland summers??? Does not make sense! Tennis Courts and other outdoor areas were good and easy access to beach. But if you were hoping to go to the pool after the beach or instead, I think you'd be disappointed.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

My family and I (4adults 1child) stayed here for 7 days. Apartments were spacious, clean and had great facilities like foxtel, washing machine, balcony, dishwasher, dvd player and much more. Rooms were big and beds were comfortable although lack of aircon in bedrooms made it a little stuffy. Easy access to beach, pool sauna and spa, although they closed early. About 20min walk into heart of city. Good for families although I wouldn't stay here again if i came alone. All in all, we enjoyed our time.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Sabina B
Papamoa, New Zealand
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We made the mistake of thinking that beach front and website claims that rooms had been recently renovated, makes this complex a great place to stay.... hmmmm. On arrival the guy behind the counter couldn't help us, but didn't bother explaining why just that we would have to wait for the Manager. He eventually gave us a key so we could park our car and bring our luggage up. What do they say about first impressions...
Anyway, the apartment was recently renovated but like other reviews was not that clean and the water pressure in the shower disappointing. We obviously got the "cheap" deal with views to the hinterland and beach peeps from the balcony. They weren't interested in accommodating our request to pay for an upgrade claiming they were fully booked, yeah right! Internet access = crap, my Mac wouldn't connect to it at all, although to be fair they do warn that wifi coverage varies from room to room, again we were obviously in the cheap seats.
It's rather tedious and so last decade to have to zap yourself into the lift (and you can only go to YOUR floor), and zap in and out of the complex 24 hours a day. I guess the sort of hours they claim to attend reception that's what they feel they have to do still?
The up side was that the spa and pool were good, just annoying zapping in and out, again! The tennis courts looked good as did the bbq area but the weather didn't permit us to enjoy these.
Bottom line, wouldn't stay there again, Surfers Aquarius where friends stayed looked much more suitable for us.

Room Tip: Always ask for beach front, if not available, don't stay.