I stayed at Q1 Resort for my honeymoon in March 2014 for 5 nights. We booked a 5 night special, which meant the room wasn't serviced during our stay. That was fine as the room is self contained and has facilities to freshen your towels if you desire.
We stayed on level 36 and had a fabulous view of Surfers and the ocean. Things that made the room a little disappointing included stranger's long black hairs in the bath tub (I'm blonde and my husband is bald), carpet in the hallway and entry way taped down, chips and lumps in the laminex furniture- tv cabinet & dining table. In the kitchen, the fridge door and crockery cupboards open towards the benches rather than away from them which makes it a little awkward to move things from the bench or dishwasher into them. All of these are little things that don't effect our holiday, just detract a little from our enjoyment of the room.
The service received from reception staff was fine, generally seemed pleasant and routine, however nothing out of the ordinary or exceptional to note.
We had breakfast one morning on the top floor and observation deck, which was great. The service received there was really friendly and efficient. The view is amazing and I'd highly recommend it.
I enjoyed the outdoor pool and warm indoor spa. I didn't like the unisex sauna and steam rooms as I would have liked to enjoy a steam with my new husband. We also found they weren't well signed and a little difficult to find, being attached to the toilets in the gymnasium.
Overall we had a pleasant stay, but a few small touches would have made it better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘Australia’s Tallest Residential Tower’ ... Q1 Resort & Spa Surfers Paradise offers 1,2,3Bed & Sub Penthouse Luxury Apartments with unique glass enclosed Balconies & Spa Baths, 24 hour reception & security, unparalleled resort facilities on a beach front location & set amid one hectare of landscaped grounds. Q1 Resort & Spa features two lagoon swimming pools, heated indoor lap pool & spa, alfresco poolside Cafe & Bar & our famous "Seventy 7 Buffet Breakfast" located level 77 floor above ground with viewing platform. A world class gymnasium, saunas & steam rooms, private theatrette, conferencing & wedding facilities, children’s games room & our award winning Q1 Day Spa await you. The Q1 tower also hosts Australia’s only beach side External Tower Adventure Climb from level 77 to 80 ... Q1 Resort & Spa towers over the Gold Coast with views to match. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Q1 Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- q1 Hotel Surfers Paradise
- q1 Resort Surfers Paradise
- Q1 Resort And Spa Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise