“Awesome View.”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Noosa head
“Awesome View.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

The location was perfect for our needs. We loved the fact that it was based in Surfer Paradise and enjoyed the atmosphere of the place. The room was extremely clean. We had double room with ensuite. The poor was amazing ..and close to the gym.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Shally60
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Shally 60,

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review on Trip Avisor regarding your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We genuinely appreciate all feedback and use it to proactively manage the quality of the product and the services we provide.

I am pleased that you loved your stay at Q1 and enjoyed our ideal location, great views and the Resorts leisure facilities, including our three swimming pools so popular with our guests. I am pleased that you found your apartment to be so clean.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 and trust that your next stay will be even better.

Melissa papp
Q1 Resort and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I love it here! The only negative thing I can say is the air con didn't seem to quickly cool our apartment. But it was comfortable. The view is awesome. Modern furniture nice kitchen, staff are efficient.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank roses71Brisbane
Dear roses71Brisbane,

Thankyou for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all feedback and use it as a tool to Manage quality with the aim of making the guest experienhce the best one possible.

Its great to hear that Q1 is your favourite place to stay on the Gold Coast. We know that there are many choices to make in the highly competitive Gold Coast market and are thrilled that for you, we are the pick of the bunch. I am sorry to read that your aircon did not seem to be as effective as you expected and apologise.

Thankyou again for your valuable feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 soon and trust that your next stay will be even better.

Sitges
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Q1 building is not only the tallest building, offering superb views from its 77th floor viewing/dining area, but also it is so centrally located that one is within easy walking distance to both resort areas of Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach. I found the elegantly furnished and spacious 1 bedroom unit that I rented to be very modern and clean. Front desk staff were efficient. The warnings I had heard about the area and the building being noisy during holidays were mostly unfounded. People WERE partying in the streets, but the sounds never reached an annoying stage in the unit itself. Restaurants and entertainment galore all within walking distance. The beach is 1/2 a block away with constant lifeguard patrols. Still some people enjoyed the hotel pools. Oh yes, don't forget...Northern hemisphere winter is Australian summer and this area known as the Gold Coast is the area where Australians also come to holiday.

Room Tip: "Las habitaciones en la cara este enfrentan el mar, mientras las otras gozan vistas de activid...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Larry K,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We genuinely appreciate all feedback as it assists us in maintaining our high standards as well as identifying areas that may require improvement.

I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your time at Q1 and that you found the views spectacular and location to be so convenient. The three swimming pools at the Resort are so popular with our guests and of course the patrolled beach is so very close. I am pleased that you found your accommodation to be modern and clean.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 Resort and Spa again and trust that your next stay will be even better.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I generally travel every 2 years to gold coast with my son (9) and we normally stay at another apartment hotel but thought we would try Q1. Hotel is very nice. My issues to be improved are : need better friendlier reception staff, i had no idea of many things till the end of my stay. There needs to be more staff presence around public areas to stop people having their own guests at pool area and to stop people smoking in pool area. Also needs to be better security to enforce no party/excess noise policy. Great points were pool and bar/cafe which also had excellent staff. Property was very clean and apartments are very nice. I hope if i do stay again it will be on a much higher floor. The continental breakfast is not worth the money charged even if reduced for guests. The views from 77th floor are spectacular though. Overall good experience but some issues need to be addressed.

Room Tip: requests seem to be ignored but would suggest paying more for ocean views as it is the quieter side...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kim G
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Kim G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Q1. All feedback is important to us as it is used as a valuable Management tool to improve quality and indentify areas that may require improvement.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Q1. I appreciate your comments about some areas that may require improvement and I apologise that some aspects of your stay did not live up to your expectations. I acknowledge that your perception of our reception staff was not a positive one and I am sorry that there was not more of a presence of staff around the pool areas to enforce the by-laws. Thankyou for your feedback regarding the Skypoint breakfast deal. Please be asurred that this has also been forwarded to Skypoint Management for consideration.

Thankyou again for your valuable comments. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Q1 Resort and Spa again and trust that your next stay will be an improvement.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We arrived at 9 pm - a smile would have been nice but there were not many available during the whole of our stay and a few grumpy responses to enquiries.We had a 3 bedroom apartment for 8 people - 2 fold up beds which were real back breakers with ultra thin mattresses. Better when we got a couple more mattresses delivered for the next night but it should not have been necessary if they had been of a decent quality to start with. Time for bed - no blankets anywhere - when I rang to ask for them "have you looked in the cupboards?"Poor housekeeping - certainly could not count the number of towels needed- we seemed to be on the phone every day for something that was missing.Not sure if it was supposed to be cleaned but there was nothing there for us to do it ourselves and it was quite grotty after 5 days. It was haphazard service to say the least.The dishwasher was pretty useless so we did it ourselves by hand. Quite drafty round the windows so the blinds clacked all night. I saw free WiFi advertised on one site but found that does not apply to all units and it was not a cheap exercise to get connected - nor did it work properly all the time.
The view was excellent but for the price I would prefer a more friendly atmosphere and better service. I certainly would not bother to stay there again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tyntynder
Dear Tyntynder,

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We genuinely appreciate all feedback and use it to proactively improve upon the Resort product and the services that we provide.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the views from the apartment that you stayed in and trust that you enjoyed your time in fabulous Surfers Paradise. I was concerned to read that not every aspect of your stay lived up to your expectations. I am sorry that the service that you encountered was not as friendly as you would have liked and that your perception of housekeeping standards was not a good one. I apologise that the rollaway beds provided were not as comfortable as you expected. Please be asurred that this information has been relayed to the Executive Housekeeper and the Management team.

Kind regards

Sydney Olympic Park, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed on the 41st level and was amazed by the fabulous views. Spacious and comfortable apartments. The pool area was also quite impressive. Staff were friendly and helpful. The only negatives were some of the maintenance issues that need attention, such as faulty dishwasher, missing and damaged kitchen utensils and pots, non-working spa, faulty TV remote. Otherwise would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anthony B
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Anthony B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We genuinely appreciate all feedback and use it to proactively improve upon the quality of the Resort.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Q1 and that you enjoyed the views, facilities and the friendy staff. We certainly are world famous for our views. I am sorry that you encountered some maintenance issues in your apartment. This has been forwarded to our maintenance Manager.

Thank you again for your valuable comments. I look forward towelcoming you back to Q1 and trust that your next stay will be even better.

Kind Regards,

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

We booked our room through Gold Coast Rental Properties, got a special deal for 1 bedroom with study fir 7 nts...the room was nice & large very open! Only disappointment was the study had no door, so my girls slept on floor next to kitchen & woke very early 5.30am cos light comes streaming no blinds...the shower leaked onto floor so wet bath mats all the time & mattresses were very hard! The owners of this apartment need to fix a few things, blind in main bedroom are broken so light comes in there also! The windows are filthy, so view is better if you slide them up on the balcony! Location is perfect though & facilities are great provided by hotel! All in all we got value for our money!

Room Tip: Best to stay a little higher....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sharyn R
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Sharyn R,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review about your stay at the Q1 building in September this year. We genuinely appreciate all feedback and use it for a tool for improving the quality of the Resort as well as identifying areas that may need improvement.

As you booked through a private agent, you did not stay as a guest of the Resort. Therefore, I cannot comment upon your accommodation. I recommend that you contact your agent direct for feedback. I am pleased however that you enjoyed your time at Q1 and enjoyed the facilities.

I urge you to consider booking direct with the Resort on the occaision of your next stay and enjoy the many benefits of a Resort guest including 24 hour reception, luggage service and exclusive tour deals.