“Fantastic Location”

Artique Surfers Paradise
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Very neat, clean and comfortable. Great location walking distance to restaurants and beach. Even with the painting happening nothing was disrupted. Ocean view was fantastic. Reception staff very helpful. Our flight into Brisbane was early in the morning and we were able to have an early check in which had not been pre booked so were very grateful.

1  Thank PaulineD59
ArtSFP, General Manager at Artique Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Pauline,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are delighted to hear you had a great stay and I am so happy we were able to get you into your room early.

We hope to see you again soon. Please don't hesitate in calling to request your favorite room next time!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

One bedroom apartments are well equipped, clean, nice and spacious.
Receptionist Katie provided exceptional service during our stay and always had a genuine smile on her face.
Peaceful place to stay if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle.

Only issues was the curtains were sheer and white hence found it difficult to sleep in after 5:30. Our bed was 2 matresses pushed together to make a "queen size" which I found strange. Made it quiet uncomfortable to sleep in the center, we practically slept on one side of the mattress. You have to wait 10+ mins for the lift.

Overall, we had a great stay and loved Artqiue.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Miannk3

Dear Miannk3,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Artique and for your kind words about Kate. We are very glad you loved the resort. All of our rooms are furnished slightly differently, so I am sorry that you found the curtains to be a little too light. If you have 5 minutes spare, please give me a call so that I can address the curtains and look at putting black out blinds in that room. I will also look into the bed situation. It sounds like you were in the second bedroom and the beds were zipped together to allow the use of a queen. But nonetheless, I would like to investigate further. Thanks again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Booked online and surprisingly realize the good rating from other travellers! Just a pity didn't book a ocean view through! Will sure photos for other too lol

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christina W
ArtSFP, General Manager at Artique Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Hi Christina,

We hope you enjoyed your stay at Artique!!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I booked our 5 nights stay, starting 29/11. The Spanish girl who completed my booking was extremely helpful - this is just the start.

However, I was not told of any limitations regarding the use of the pool - didn't bother me much as when we come back to the hotel, it is after 4pm.

As our flight lands at 9:00am, I asked for an early check-in and they lived very true to their word and had the apartment ready, even though they are at full capacity.

When I asked if I can be given an apartment on level 10, I was told that they cannot promise that - I would have thought that with all the computerized reservation, it is a matter of checking for availability and book it on first come first served basis. A little disappointed with the response - we got an apartment on level 4.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the stay with my family and a memorable 40th birthday.. :o)

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Frankfir

Hi Frankfir,

We hope you had a wonderful stay with us at Artique and I am sorry that we couldn't put you onto a higher floor on this occasion.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. Was okay nothing special. Very odd for a 5 year old hotel to be doing renovations during what you would believe is a busy time. Pool was closed pretty much the whole time we were there. Reception closed early which was annoying if you had questions or needed assistance. The rooms looked quiet outdated, bigger beds would be nice. And they want you to clean up after yourselves and empty the rubbish, which is fine after all it is an apartment but seriously providing 1 packet of dishwashing liquid and laundry powder for someone staying more than one night is really poor. We had to go buy our own so we wouldn't get charged the extra $50, although there was still a $2 charge to my credit card for what? I don't know. I know it's only $2 and I don't care but taking that without explanation as to why isn't going to make you any richer at the end of the day. Would not recommend nor will we be returning.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monikalijovic3

Dear Monikalijovic,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am very sorry that there were some building works happening at the time of your stay. In order to keep the resort modern and fresh, we needed to repaint the building and clean the external windows. Due to the abseilers using swinging stages, we did have reduced hours for the pool for a couple of weeks. The pool is back to normal operating hours and the works are now complete.

In regards to the bed sizes, the majority of beds are queen size, some kings, singles and a small number of double beds in studies.

In your room you are provided with a complimentary starter pack, which includes 2 dishwashing/dishwasher sachets, laundry sachets, shampoo, conditioner, soaps and all linen is provided. We have replenishment stock available at reception for $1 per sachet. As our apartments are not serviced and are self catering, we are able to provide you with much lower accommodation prices as you will see from our advertised tariffs.

I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. Please don't hesitate in contacting me to discuss this further.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The apartment was modern and a reasonable size. It was quiet (except for helicopters and fireworks!). The complex had a pool but as it was under renovation we used the pool for another complex across the street. Probably that pool was better so that was fine. The BBQ area was popular and clean.

The kitchen was minimally equipped. TVs had HDMI connections for laptops. I think paid WiFi was available. The room furnishing was fine.

It was around a 15-20 min walk to Cavil. We ended up hiring a car and it was easy to park in the building. Taxi drivers knew where it was.

The younger receptionists were very helpful and friendly. We were able to leave our luggage at reception while our room was prepared.

Room Tip: Presumably higher rooms are quieter. We were on the 12th floor and had no problem.
2  Thank Ox-Sydney

Dear Ox-Sydney,

Thank you for your review of Artique. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a good trip back to Sydney.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed in an 2 bedroom with ocean view apartment. The view of the ocean was great and we could also see the Gold Coast Hinterland. The apartment was very clean and the staff are very helpful and courteous, we were just a short stroll to the main street in Surfers Paradise. The weather was lovely the only problem was our stay was too short. I would highly recommend these apartments for a relaxing stay.

1  Thank Debbie A
ArtSFP, General Manager at Artique Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Debbie,
Thank you for a great review. I am so happy to hear your loved your holiday and we hope you had a safe journey back to Sydney. We look forward to welcoming you back to Artique in the future. Kindest regards, Melissa (General Manager).