“Trip tomorrow really looking forward!”

Artique Surfers Paradise
“Trip tomorrow really looking forward!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Booked online and surprisingly realize the good rating from other travellers! Just a pity didn't book a ocean view through! Will sure photos for other too lol

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Christina W
ArtSFP, General Manager at Artique Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Hi Christina,

We hope you enjoyed your stay at Artique!!

Melissa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I booked our 5 nights stay, starting 29/11. The Spanish girl who completed my booking was extremely helpful - this is just the start.

However, I was not told of any limitations regarding the use of the pool - didn't bother me much as when we come back to the hotel, it is after 4pm.

As our flight lands at 9:00am, I asked for an early check-in and they lived very true to their word and had the apartment ready, even though they are at full capacity.

When I asked if I can be given an apartment on level 10, I was told that they cannot promise that - I would have thought that with all the computerized reservation, it is a matter of checking for availability and book it on first come first served basis. A little disappointed with the response - we got an apartment on level 4.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the stay with my family and a memorable 40th birthday.. :o)

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Frankfir
Hi Frankfir,

We hope you had a wonderful stay with us at Artique and I am sorry that we couldn't put you onto a higher floor on this occasion.

We hope to see you again soon!

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. Was okay nothing special. Very odd for a 5 year old hotel to be doing renovations during what you would believe is a busy time. Pool was closed pretty much the whole time we were there. Reception closed early which was annoying if you had questions or needed assistance. The rooms looked quiet outdated, bigger beds would be nice. And they want you to clean up after yourselves and empty the rubbish, which is fine after all it is an apartment but seriously providing 1 packet of dishwashing liquid and laundry powder for someone staying more than one night is really poor. We had to go buy our own so we wouldn't get charged the extra $50, although there was still a $2 charge to my credit card for what? I don't know. I know it's only $2 and I don't care but taking that without explanation as to why isn't going to make you any richer at the end of the day. Would not recommend nor will we be returning.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Monikalijovic3
Dear Monikalijovic,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am very sorry that there were some building works happening at the time of your stay. In order to keep the resort modern and fresh, we needed to repaint the building and clean the external windows. Due to the abseilers using swinging stages, we did have reduced hours for the pool for a couple of weeks. The pool is back to normal operating hours and the works are now complete.

In regards to the bed sizes, the majority of beds are queen size, some kings, singles and a small number of double beds in studies.

In your room you are provided with a complimentary starter pack, which includes 2 dishwashing/dishwasher sachets, laundry sachets, shampoo, conditioner, soaps and all linen is provided. We have replenishment stock available at reception for $1 per sachet. As our apartments are not serviced and are self catering, we are able to provide you with much lower accommodation prices as you will see from our advertised tariffs.

I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. Please don't hesitate in contacting me to discuss this further.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

The apartment was modern and a reasonable size. It was quiet (except for helicopters and fireworks!). The complex had a pool but as it was under renovation we used the pool for another complex across the street. Probably that pool was better so that was fine. The BBQ area was popular and clean.

The kitchen was minimally equipped. TVs had HDMI connections for laptops. I think paid WiFi was available. The room furnishing was fine.

It was around a 15-20 min walk to Cavil. We ended up hiring a car and it was easy to park in the building. Taxi drivers knew where it was.

The younger receptionists were very helpful and friendly. We were able to leave our luggage at reception while our room was prepared.

Room Tip: Presumably higher rooms are quieter. We were on the 12th floor and had no problem.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ox-Sydney
Dear Ox-Sydney,

Thank you for your review of Artique. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a good trip back to Sydney.

We hope to see you again soon!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed in an 2 bedroom with ocean view apartment. The view of the ocean was great and we could also see the Gold Coast Hinterland. The apartment was very clean and the staff are very helpful and courteous, we were just a short stroll to the main street in Surfers Paradise. The weather was lovely the only problem was our stay was too short. I would highly recommend these apartments for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie A
ArtSFP, General Manager at Artique Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Debbie,
Thank you for a great review. I am so happy to hear your loved your holiday and we hope you had a safe journey back to Sydney. We look forward to welcoming you back to Artique in the future. Kindest regards, Melissa (General Manager).
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here from 30th OCT to 4th NOV in a 2 bedroom 2&1/2 bathroom apartment on level 18 and loved it. The room was new looking with everything you needed for a short stay. I was worried about a few things before coming to stay EG. toilet paper but was very happy with our stay and the extra roll under the sink of each bathroom. The staff at Artique were amazing and very helpful, anything I asked them they had an answer straight away. We checked in after hours but that was no problem. The only down side was the pool was closed from 7am to 3pm, lucky we were able to pop over the road and use there pool (which was a lot warmer).
All in all, I will be coming back for sure and fingers crossed I get room 1806 again.
Thank you to all the staff for your help and a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: If your unhappy with your room, let the girls at the front desk know, they will help you if they can...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Casey,
Thank you for an excellent review of Artique. Please don't hesitate in calling to request 1806 on your return. We will do what we can to put you into your preferred room. I would like to apologise for the pool situation whilst you were here. , I am very sorry that there were reduced hours. We are currently in the process of performing some important building works and painting and OH&S requested at the last minute that we cordon off the pool whist works to the building were underway. The pool did have reduced hour’s mid-week until 3:30pm; however the spa, sauna, steam room, gym and theatre were all still available. I am glad you were able to make good use of the beautiful resort pool adjacent to our building . Our pool will once again have full hours of operation from the end of November. Once again, we are sorry for your disappointment and hope to see you again. Kindest regards, Melissa (General Manager)
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Have stayed in Artique a lot - the apartments are light and airy, and the verandahs are great - you don't feel cooped up. We stayed in a 2 bed 2 bath apartments, sea view on the 18th floor - very nice. The only thing is - why is there always a hassle getting the second key? They have always misplaced it / can't find it. It must have happened 4 out of the last 6 times I have been there. If there are 2 couples (which is what you would expect in a 2 brm / 2 bath) you obviously need 2 keys - instead there is a hassle about who has the key. Easy to fix - I wonder why they don't?

Room Tip: Actually, I have stayed in most of the configurations (each apartment on the floor seems to be diffe...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Shadowshopper,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a good review of Artique. We always have 2 keys available, however we do not provide a second key until you come down to reception and register. As many of our guests check in after hours, we are only able to provide 1 key and once we finalise registration and the check in process, there is always a second key available once signed out. If you ever have any key issues in the future, please ask to speak to Josh or myself directly and we will sort it out for you straight away. If by chance a guest has taken a key on the day of your arrival, we would always order a second key as soon as possible if they are unable to return straight away. We hope to see you again soon. Kindest regards, Melissa (General Manager).