“Best Indian Cuisine restaurant in Australia, simply delicious..”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gold Flame, Modern Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Pune
“Best Indian Cuisine restaurant in Australia, simply delicious..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I never thought I would find a gourmet/5 star Indian cuisine restaurant in Aus. I went there with my wife and the chef there was so customer friendly that he catered to each and every personal request of ours including veg food options for my wife.. The key thing was that all the food was freshly made for us, perfectly customised to our taste buds. We could even hear the grinding and cooking etc.. It was simply the best Indian food with delicious aroma made to delight me. My chicken dish was also mouth watering, sumptuous and perfectly cooked.. Great food at a great price. The chef there is a perfectionist and has worked in major 5 star restaurants in Dubai so his heart is in offering delightful food to all his customers. He even offered me to just taste his speciality in Fried chicken. That's why if you love a bargain and that too for the best Indian food in Aus do yourself a favour and you will be delighted!!

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank devesh1

Nambour, Australia
“I was never a fan of Indian food but...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

As a former Sales Executive based in Melbourne's CBD, we had a regular P.O.E.T.S day club. (Fear not ex bosses, we all put in our 40, 50 and often more hours per week before spending a Friday afternoon with good friends and good food and often still discussing business!) As a result, we knew many of the "hole in the wall" restaurants in the back alleys of Melbourne where 6 to 10 of us would often wait for a table until vacated by mostly those indigenous to the cuisine of choice. Cut to the chase, Gold Flame is little more than a shopfront with a couple of small tables and plastic chairs both inside and out. My family and two in-laws staying with us, having had enough Pizza, Pasta, Burgers and Chinese to last a lifetime, decided to try the little "Indian" shop downstairs.
I have never ever met a Chef and owner more proud and enthusiastic about his food (which he was so happy to explain the preparation and cooking of), let us all sample everything, especially me, the non Indian cuisine fan, (with new spoons for everyone and every dish!) that he, Paul, was almost as delightful as His Food!
Alas, we're on the Sunshine Coast but Paul and his Gold Flame are down in Surfers so we'll only be eating there as tourists when we visit (as an aside, one couple and two others, obviously locals, came into the shop and automatically ordered their favourites while we were there). Doesn't have the look or appeal of Fine Indian Cuisine Dining that you'd pay five times the price for but, with Paul's enthusiasm for "his" food and it's quality, I'm sure one day you will.

• Visited December 2013