My wife and I stayed here for 4 days in September. We booked the studio apartment through Booking.com. As our flight arrived after-hours (actually early AM), we used the after-hours check-in which was smooth including parking our hire car in under-cover secure parking (which is a great bonus for this place). Location is quite good if you have a hire car. Beach is close-by as well as some places to eat within walking distance. This is one of those many resorts on Gold Coast where the apartment complex is a mix of owners, tenants and holiday tourists. The room we got given was not good. The queen bed (worse than IKEA beds) was sub-standard and we complained the next day. The room air-con panel switches were not working and was tough to change from heating to cooling and vice versa. The reception staff needed to be convinced to come up and do a check on both these issues, which of course could not be resolved instantly. The bathroom was of good size and with a standard stock of toiletries (but no extra toilet paper!!) One other issue, the carpet in the studio had marks and was a bit damp. After many requests, the next day, we got given another studio room. I have to admit, this room (sea facing with balcony) was amazing, freshly renovated and we could not find any faults. The after-hours reception line which connects to someone's mobile or phone was quite helpful and responsive (one occasion where I misplaced my spectacles). The only negative if any with the apartments is this duplex design (where two separate apartments share one common entrance and the laundry area). I would have given this place 4-star bar our initial experience. The prices and facilities and deal we got through booking.com was unbeatable and overall good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our apartments at Ipanema Surfers Paradise offer great views of the hinterland, Nerang River and the ocean. This unique holiday building is located on the beach side of the Gold Coast Highway, between Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ipanema Resort Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Resort Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Ipanema Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Ipanema Resort Apartments Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise